ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa got a QB

Funny coming from one of the worst posters on this board in 15 years..lol
Interesting edit removing the Deion part from your weak post. Any criticism of Deion you made into a racist attack. It was tiresome - but you’ve been gone for a while so would love to hear your defense of him and his antics - maybe starting with the security guard his son injured and how Deion attempted to bury the news and how the kid is trying to get out of his court-ordered responsibilities for his welfare.

You live in the 90 at the height of the Big 8 and forget the garbage it was in the 80s.

A 2 team league.

We were routinely embarrassed by good teams all through out the 80s when we only played 11 games. The 90s run makes many forget.

You dont have 9 wins a year for 30 straight years playing tough competition in only 11 regular season games.

Its what a program supposed to do. Always beat the weak teams then hope you can put it together against the good team to win a championship.

We beat cupcakes every year then hoped we beat OU and the bowl game.
As frostonthegrass pointed out NU beat some good Oklahoma St teams that had a lot of talent Mizzou had some good teams in the early 80’s and Colorado came on at the end of the 80’s..

Nebraska from 1981- 1989 either played Miami, Florida St or LSU in bowl games majority of the time in their own backyard, not too many teams were beating Miami and Florida St during this time..

So Nebraska either lost to the National Champ or they finished 2nd in the country or Nebraka won the bowl games except for the 1986 Fiesta Bowl..

Point is the Clarkeyes don’t always beat the bad teams and they seldom beat top 5 teams and they seldom play a top 10 team in a bowl game.

As frostonthegrass pointed out NU beat some good Oklahoma St teams that had a lot of talent Mizzou had some good teams in the early 80’s and Colorado came on at the end of the 80’s..

Nebraska from 1981- 1989 either played Miami, Florida St or LSU in bowl games majority of the time in their own backyard, not too many teams were beating Miami and Florida St during this time..

So Nebraska either lost to the National Champ or they finished 2nd in the country or Nebraka won the bowl games except for the 1986 Fiesta Bowl..

Point is the Clarkeyes don’t always beat the bad teams and they seldom beat top 5 teams and they seldom play a top 10 team in a bowl game.

So we lost to the good teams.

But I get your point Iowa.

They suck for sure..lol

It’s all over social media and football message boards, the Hawkeyes are going to a CFP game, book it.

I could honestly see a scenario where Macnamara(sp? who cares?) goes down week two and Sullivan leads the hawks a CFP berth. Lester will construct an offensive attack that will succeed despite inferior talent, injuries or impending federal hate crime charges. The only thing that can beat the hawks this year is if they beat themselves. Mark it down.

• Haha
Reactions: SantaBarbaraSker
I could honestly see a scenario where Macnamara(sp? who cares?) goes down week two and Sullivan leads the hawks a CFP berth. Lester will construct an offensive attack that will succeed despite inferior talent, injuries or impending federal hate crime charges. The only thing that can beat the hawks this year is if they beat themselves. Mark it down.
Huskers will make the playoff before Iowa. Bank it.

It’s not as Delusional as you make it out to be, with Iowa’s schedule.
Bernie Sanders GIF by Team Coco

0 stock in this. Memphis and Boise?
These are preseason hype posts so everyone feels good about the season coming up. 60 teams from below average to contenders for 12 spots. Iowa is a joke and unless they can score points they won’t pass the eye test no matter how good they think their defense and punter are.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Gotta chuckle at Iowa fans who poo poo'd DR spring game performance by sneakily editing his incompletitions to make em look like one series on that weird video they put out, then turn around and celebrate thia addition. Having said that, since we're like 1-forever against em, I'll refrain from being to snarky.

You live in the 90 at the height of the Big 8 and forget the garbage it was in the 80s.

A 2 team league.

We were routinely embarrassed by good teams all through out the 80s when we only played 11 games. The 90s run makes many forget.

You dont have 9 wins a year for 30 straight years playing tough competition in only 11 regular season games.

Its what a program supposed to do. Always beat the weak teams then hope you can put it together against the good team to win a championship.

We beat cupcakes every year then hoped we beat OU and the bowl game.
TO would lose to national title level teams in the 80s. He didht lose to teams the level that Bo lost to.

Reactions: huskerfan66
Like I said, “with their schedule”. OSU is the only ranked team as of now. I think it’s pretty obvious that Iowa will get back to its norm of 25-32 PPG and not the 14 PPG last year.
what makes you think that? Cade wasn't exactly lighting things up last year

Reactions: scarletred
Like I said, “with their schedule”. OSU is the only ranked team as of now. I think it’s pretty obvious that Iowa will get back to its norm of 25-32 PPG and not the 14 PPG last year.
Vegas has both Nebraska and the Clarkeyes at 7.5 for O/U wins..

The McNamara that played for a better than yours isn’t the same player, less mobile with less talent on the team…
He is a China doll..

Reactions: SantaBarbaraSker
They literally have a QB that started in a CFP game. 😂😂. See if he makes it that far. 😳

I don’t care what anyone thinks about the actual season and Iowa’s chances at the CFP, the Iowa Hawkeyes are off season national champions again and that’s all that matters.

I don't know. Iowa O is flat out bad until proven otherwise. Nebraska doesn't have much room too talk, but at least they have started to address the roster to improve it. Iowas O roster is pretty meh.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT