ADVERTISEMENT

Injuries

there are tons. like, tons and tons.

here's one:

20% more non-contact injuries occur on turf vs grass surfaces
My 1st ten years coaching we had grass, the last 12 year on field turf. I honestly don't remember the non contact knee injuries happening on grass all that much, or Maybe at all. I can think of a couple bad ones on turf. One that made an audible pop that people 20 feet away heard.

Reactions: king_kong_
I know most won't care, but for the turf proponents, do people realize some super high level athletes like Messi won't play on artificial turf?
Tells you something.

I know most thought field turf was cool as hell when it came out and you first walked on it. But consider it a failed experiment from sports surface point of view if you care at all about injuries. I thought the science is fairly clear that grass is superior.
Yeah definitely better to flop on grass 😁

I know most won't care, but for the turf proponents, do people realize some super high level athletes like Messi won't play on artificial turf?
Tells you something.

I know most thought field turf was cool as hell when it came out and you first walked on it. But consider it a failed experiment from sports surface point of view if you care at all about injuries. I thought the science is fairly clear that grass is superior.
"The science is clear"

Where have I heard that before as you referenced zero science. 🤡🤡🤡

I thought Kong named the studies? No?
There are countless

Willful ignorance knows no cure

Ironically it’s those stumping for artificial turf who are taking a strong stand for unproven science against what’s natural (football on grass)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT