ADVERTISEMENT

Injuries

you give me way, way too much credit, Tim.

I post my opinions. nothing more, nothing less.

here's another:

if you truly care about volleyball as just a fan (no daughter on the team, no husband/wife on the coaching staff), you're a colossal loser.
@RBigredMax, see exhibit B in what I just quoted.

Reactions: Walleye79
Here's the NFL teams with grass. 9 of those are cold weather teams.
NFL Stadiums With Grass

• State Farm Stadium | Arizona Cardinals
  • M&T Bank Stadium | Baltimore Ravens
  • Soldier Field | Chicago Bears
  • FirstEnergy Stadium | Cleveland Browns
  • Empower Field at Mile High | Denver Broncos
  • Lambeau Field | Green Bay Packers
  • TIAA Bank Field | Jacksonville Jaguars
  • GEHA Field at Arrowhead Stadium | Kansas City Chiefs
  • Allegiant Stadium | Las Vegas Raiders
  • Hard Rock Stadium | Miami Dolphins
  • Lincoln Financial Field | Philadelphia Eagles
  • Acrisure Stadium | Pittsburgh Steelers
  • Levi’s Stadium | San Francisco 49ers
  • FedExField | Washington Commanders
Should give amazing data on "elevated" injury risk 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

yawn

if Lincolnites were presented with literally any other option during whichever time of the year volleyball season is they'd do that instead

it's a zero

the fact our former AD made a mockery of our state and Football Stadium with it last year still makes me want to puke
Light up, Francis.

When Rhule mentioned grass in Memorial I printed out a picture of the stadium and surrounding areas and used a Gerber adjustable ruler to take measurements. Since they are tearing down South Stadium anyway, if the field were grass and were put on rollers and rolled to the south, and if T street were permanently closed, the field could butt up against Manter Hall and the very NE corner of Richards Hall. The parking lot north of Manter Hall would be lost. It they did this there would still be around 15 yards of the field remaining in the stadium. But if they wanted to have concerts or motocross races or whatever, that last 15 yards of field remaining in the stadium could be easily walled off. The field would have to be rolled back into the stadium the next day so it would get sun again. And some kind of enclosure would have to be built to protect the field not covered by the new South Stadium (between South Stadium and Manter Hall).

It could be done, it would just take some resolve (and money).

• Love
Reactions: king_kong_
When Rhule mentioned grass in Memorial I printed out a picture of the stadium and surrounding areas and used a Gerber adjustable ruler to take measurements. Since they are tearing down South Stadium anyway, if the field were grass and were put on rollers and rolled to the south, and if T street were permanently closed, the field could butt up against Manter Hall and the very NE corner of Richards Hall. The parking lot north of Manter Hall would be lost. It they did this there would still be around 15 yards of the field remaining in the stadium. But if they wanted to have concerts or motocross races or whatever, that last 15 yards of field remaining in the stadium could be easily walled off. The field would have to be rolled back into the stadium the next day so it would get sun again. And some kind of enclosure would have to be built to protect the field not covered by the new South Stadium (between South Stadium and Manter Hall).

GIF by Snowpiercer on TNT

you give me way, way too much credit, Tim.

I post my opinions. nothing more, nothing less.

here's another:

if you truly care about volleyball as just a fan (no daughter on the team, no husband/wife on the coaching staff), you're a colossal loser.
Lame

It is amazing that people act like taking care of a grass field is the hardest thing in the world.

It is grass...it will be fine.
It would pretty much eliminate the ability to practice inside the stadium. I’m not sure if they do now much or not.

Dear God - who cares about volleyball on the grass or turf of Memorial stadium. They used it one time and regardless of whether the surface was artificial or natural, they could have played the match and had the field ready for the next football game. In the case of the Memorial Stadium turf, volleyball is a non factor.

Yeah I guess I'm a NOBODY
OMG!!! such a moot point.. In the 1757 volleyball matches played by the Nebraska women's volleyball team 1 was played in Memorial Stadium.

Talk about concerts and high school football if you want but FFS leave volleyball out of the discussion. It is pointless and a non factor.

Reactions: SeaOfRed75
OMG!!! such a moot point.. In the 1757 volleyball matches played by the Nebraska women's volleyball team 1 was played in Memorial Stadium.

Talk about concerts and high school football if you want but FFS leave volleyball out of the discussion. It is pointless and a non factor.
People are morons , it doesn’t matter what surface you have grass or field turf you can have any events on it , Jesus there have been NHL hockey games played in NfL stadiums over their surface and they have a football game in 5 days.

That doesn’t sound economically feasible to me. There are ways to temporarily cover sod for off season outdoor events that wouldn’t be all that expensive. I just don’t believe outdoor concerts etc are worth it. When you have PBA, why is it necessary.

. I just don’t believe outdoor concerts etc are worth it. When you have PBA, why is it necessary
It isn't. But Trev mentioned many times the university should be using the stadium for multiple things. Probably to justify the cost of rehabbing the stadium for just football. So my ridiculous proposal to roll the field out onto T Street was just calling his bluff.

Our AD should champion detonating explosives under the turf with some lame excuses about needing more bathrooms. When everyone looks at him like he's a lunatic he can clean out his office at midnight and begone.

Our AD should champion detonating explosives under the turf with some lame excuses about needing more bathrooms. When everyone looks at him like he's a lunatic he can clean out his office at midnight and begone.

I mean this with all sincerity from the bottom of my heart, you should fúck off back to the MB of the team you actually root for.

Reactions: jimmykrackedkorn
I mean this with all sincerity from the bottom of my heart, you should fúck off back to the MB of the team you actually root for.
And please reveal to all who that would be. Note: every time I challenge posters on this, I am met with silence.
BTW, your nonchalant use of profanity, is that how you were raised?

lol. Prove that your team is Nebraska. That’s much easier than someone else proving your team is Iowa or Colorado or some other team.
If you're going to claim I am a fan of another team then it certainly is up to you to prove it.
I can tell you I don't emotionally attach myself to individuals associated with UNL like some of you.

If you're going to claim I am a fan of another team then it certainly is up to you to prove it.
I can tell you I don't emotionally attach myself to individuals associated with UNL like some of you.
But I didn’t claim you were a fan of another team. Someone else did.

Since I didn’t make that claim, I will ask kindly, which team do you root for? Is it the Huskers? Is it someone else?

And please reveal to all who that would be. Note: every time I challenge posters on this, I am met with silence.
BTW, your nonchalant use of profanity, is that how you were raised?

How should I know who you root for? I don’t know who you are and I could not care less, just wish you would go spend time on whichever teams board that happens to be.

Last edited:
I know most won't care, but for the turf proponents, do people realize some super high level athletes like Messi won't play on artificial turf?
Tells you something.

I know most thought field turf was cool as hell when it came out and you first walked on it. But consider it a failed experiment from sports surface point of view if you care at all about injuries. I thought the science is fairly clear that grass is superior.

Are there any actual studies on the amount of knee injuries on grass vs turf?
there are tons. like, tons and tons.

here's one:

20% more non-contact injuries occur on turf vs grass surfaces

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT