ADVERTISEMENT

I'm f'ing calling it now prediction 3 & 4 - Tourney edition

thadscastle

Redshirt Freshman
Gold Member
Jan 23, 2019
This will be my 3rd predication of the season and so far so good. The curse is going to end tomorrow night. I've waiting on this one (12:17 AM gameday to be exact) for a while because I wanted to make it count. This just seems different doesn't it? Fred had some tough seasons early, but never once did I think he wasn't right for the job. For some people combined with some places it just means more and I think that's the case with him. So here comes the "why".
Keys to game:
1. Obviously rebounding, but I'm not as concerned as most on this one. They get so many O rebs because they can't shoot for sh!t. I think it's 40% FG and 28% 3FG or close. And we are taller/have more length.
2. NU's 3 point shooting. If you haven't noticed we like to chuck it. I was encouraged with how we shot the 3 in Minneapolis and it gives me confidence for our shooting in Memphis.
3. Fouling. This won't be called like it was against Illinois. If Mask, Allick, and Gary can stay out of foul trouble I like our chances.
Key Players: Honestly, I could have went with 7 players here.
1. Keisea. Yeah, I know it's an easy pick. But the fact is he electrifies a crowd. Any crowd. If he gets going that arena is going to be pro Husker. Big advantage. Maybe that behind the back halfcourt shot is a sign of things to come!
2. Josiah Allick. Didn't see that coming, huh? When he plays with pure energy/effort we are at a different level. His defense/rebounding will be needed. I think he scores around 8 pts and provides a Sam Hoiberg like effort, but in the paint.
3. Brice Williams. He might be the most important of the three because he can get his own shots that aren't 3's. He smooth, lengthy, and keeps his cool. I expect a good night.
Wildcard: Wilcher. If can get hot from 3 off those catch and shoot shots it'll open up Keisea and Mast more. I'd say Lawrence, but he's been so consistent the last 5-6 weeks I'm expecting it now.

And here's a little something for those of us that have been watching since Jamar Johnson or longer. Not exactly 4K, but if you are drunk enough and watch it right before tipoff you may get some dust in your eye. Oh, I almost forgot my 4th prediction. My prediction is I'll be posting another thread come Sunday ;) GBR baby!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News