ADVERTISEMENT

HUSKERS VS ATM THREAD!!!!

I’m not complaining I’m simply pointing out that there were other number 9 seeds that would have been a better matchup. No go back to the Iowa board and complain about the price of corn and hogs
Quite obvious that if TA doesn’t leave us before the conference tournament, there is no way the selection committee make this decision of playing in the NCAA tournament..

Reactions: Baxter48
You would turn on your mom if she made you eat Spinach and liver and onions
I’d turn on her if she was the losingest bball coach in NU history with nothing but a round of 64 blowout L on her resume after 5 years

Tominaga wasn’t athletic enough to stay with their guards. They were longer, more athletic and shot about the best they have all year. They took Mast away and were quick enough to contest 3s when they helped.
Let's be fair to Keisei...Juwan Gary got abused all night, too and he's supposedly an elite defender. Also a no-show on offense and on the glass. Don't get me wrong, I like Juwan, but he and Mast had ZERO impact on the game and were by far our worst performances of the night. Oh, and Fred's inability to even attempt ANY adjustment defensively to try to hide our flaws.

As I've said, I didn't watch one second of the game. But it all sounds pretty familiar. We either shoot the lights out and win, or the shots don't fall and we have no chance. It's fun when it works, but the problem is it almost never does unless we're at home.

As I've said, I didn't watch one second of the game. But it all sounds pretty familiar. We either shoot the lights out and win, or the shots don't fall and we have no chance. It's fun when it works, but the problem is it almost never does unless we're at home.
They were 35-71 in FG and 13-23 from 3..
They shot like that Sunday they’ll beat Houston..

Reactions: GBRforLife1
We probably know the same Lincoln restaurants. Maybe we can check out some Omaha stuff?
Talk Talking To Yourself GIF by The Challenge

The coaches actually suck shit. You can’t have watched the game and not come to that conclusion.

The coaches actually suck shit. You can’t have watched the game and not come to that conclusion.
Not sure if lack of personnel means coaches "suck shit", but not having a point guard and not having a big man and another forward means our game is fairly one-dimensional...too dependent on shooting from outside the arc.

Not sure if lack of personnel means coaches "suck shit", but not having a point guard and not having a big man and another forward means our game is fairly one-dimensional...too dependent on shooting from outside the arc.
No, while the offense was out of sorts, it was the D that was unacceptable. A&M endlessly drove the lane and way too often had close bunnies and, when they weren’t making them, had too many easy rebounds. Did we make any adjustments, at all? Why not force them to shoot jumpers, or at least try? Pack it in and make a poor shooting team beat you from the outside.

Reactions: BrighteRed24
Tominaga, Mast, etc got exposed for their deficiency in athleticism. We couldn’t defend penetration and ATM drained shots like they haven’t all year. 😕. ATM has been in the tourney 4 years in a row and this was their first win in those 4 years.
Dang dude, you almost sound like you know what you're talking about about... Good job.

No, while the offense was out of sorts, it was the D that was unacceptable. A&M endlessly drove the lane and way too often had close bunnies and, when they weren’t making them, had too many easy rebounds. Did we make any adjustments, at all? Why not force them to shoot jumpers, or at least try? Pack it in and make a poor shooting team beat you from the outside.
Man, I’m not even sure. The second half felt like a direct continuation of the first. A&M either made a layup or drained 3’s, sometimes wide open.

Reactions: king_kong_
Dang dude, you almost sound like you know what you're talking about about... Good job.
This doesn't fit here, but looks like Vegas felt A & M was a slight favorite if both teams played their "normal game." Instead, A & M shot the ball way better than average.

5 minutes into the game, it looked like a 93-90 game was on tap. I doubt many figured this was a 15 point blowout in the making.

They shot 56 percent from 3 and made 13 of them. What you said was the initial plan. We adjusted. So they drove the basket. Nebraska doesn’t have a rim protector on the roster. There was nothing Fred could do defensively to stop a hot shooting, very athletic team that is the best offensive rebounding team in the country. Wasn’t our night and a bad matchup. Can’t put this one on the coaches. It was insurmountable.

They shot 56 percent from 3 and made 13 of them. What you said was the initial plan. We adjusted. So they drove the basket. Nebraska doesn’t have a rim protector on the roster. There was nothing Fred could do defensively to stop a hot shooting, very athletic team that is the best offensive rebounding team in the country. Wasn’t our night and a bad matchup. Can’t put this one on the coaches. It was insurmountable.
Yep .. good game plan to make one of the worst shooting 3 point shooting teams into shooting threes. If you told me that Nebraska finished with 83 points, shot over 45% from the field and aTm only had 7 more offensive rebounds than NU I would have chalked that up as a W.

Unfortunate that a terrible 3 point shooting team went off and never cooled. If they can all of sudden be good at threes then watch out Houston !

I suspect they will miss a few and revert to the mean..

Yep .. good game plan to make one of the worst shooting 3 point shooting teams into shooting threes. If you told me that Nebraska finished with 83 points, shot over 45% from the field and aTm only had 7 more offensive rebounds than NU I would have chalked that up as a W.

Unfortunate that a terrible 3 point shooting team went off and never cooled. If they can all of sudden be good at threes then watch out Houston !

I suspect they will miss a few and revert to the mean..

Nebraska has two things they hang their hats on: the three point shot and a switching D.

Teams extend their D like Illinois did and we have zero inside game to pull those guys back in the lane.

Our D is flat horrible, if teams slow it up we have time to get organized and can create some havoc with the trap.

No one that can penetrate and take it to the rack and no one to be that defender who protects the paint. This is not a complete team. Look at what Shannon did to us and the length of the TAM players was too much.

Reactions: scarletred
You make them keep shooting from the outside. If they beat us because they are on fire all night, so be it, but you don’t let them continue to take it to the rim when, as you say, we don’t have any rim protectors.

Reactions: 90sman
We aren’t even close to good enough

Snuck in via a joke of a non-con schedule and a mid-major conference that’s P5 in reputation alone

“It’s not on the coaches”

Must be fate, then. Why bother even practicing.

We did the most predictable things possible on both ends and got absolutely manhandled. Buzz expected Fred to take the easy route and exploited his unathletic, uncompetitive fraud of a team. To have the dogs called off with 5+ minutes left in a tournament game is so goddamn embarrassing I still want to puke.

Next year will carry actual expectations - something Fred has struggled mightily with throughout the entirety of his bottomed out career. Yippee.

We aren’t even close to good enough

Snuck in via a joke of a non-con schedule and a mid-major conference that’s P5 in reputation alone

“It’s not on the coaches”

Must be fate, then. Why bother even practicing.

We did the most predictable things possible on both ends and got absolutely manhandled. Buzz expected Fred to take the easy route and exploited his unathletic, uncompetitive fraud of a team. To have the dogs called off with 5+ minutes left in a tournament game is so goddamn embarrassing I still want to puke.

Next year will carry actual expectations - something Fred has struggled mightily with throughout the entirety of his bottomed out career. Yippee.
Stop being a douche. Nebraska was a good team this year. They beat a lot of great teams as well. Why are you still here queen kong? Go cheer for your favorite sec team you fvcking loser

Stop being a douche. Nebraska was a good team this year. They beat a lot of great teams as well. Why are you still here queen kong? Go cheer for your favorite sec team you fvcking loser
If shit for brains posters like you knew the gameplan going in, guess what:

It’s an awful gameplan

i cannot believe you’re such a pussy you’re actually excusing this bullshit

Fred hasn’t won a postseason game in more than 10 years. What’s it going to be? 5 more years of meek bitch ball with you making excuse after excuse?

You wouldn’t know a good basketball team if it was three-holing your old lady.

What happened to you bro? You ok?
I am the exact same. So goddamn sick of losing and being a laughing stock with zero chance to compete.

You, on the other hand, have turned into some foul smelling vaginal excrement it seems

Your T levels appear now to mirror meek Fred’s. Not good.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT