ADVERTISEMENT

How big of an upgrade is CT over AM?

lifer56

College Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
May 3, 2005
Rushing: He appears mobile, but nowhere near the athlete as AM (but then who is?): Two rushing TD's with a long of 41, and a 2.9 average. AM had 13 TD's with a long of 75, and a 3.9 average.

Passing: CT may be a better passer, w/ a fair TD:Int ratio: 24:9. By comparison, AM was 14:10. CT had an okay QB rating: His ESPN RTG and QBR for 2021 were 165 & 53; AM's for 2021 were 149 & 73. Interesting to note, 16 of CT's 24 passing TD's came in just 3 games: 6 vs. KU; 5 vs. OU; 5 vs. TT. He had 3 other games with 2 TD passes. AM had 2 games with 2 and 1 game with 3. CT's comp% was 63, AM's was 62. CT threw for a total of 2,118 yds vs. AM's 2,863; however, CT saw very limited action in 4 of 12 games, while AM played nearly every snap in 11 games and had 45 more throws, so that's a little bit misleading.

In the clutch: I don't know what direct role CT played, but UT also seemed prone to lose some games down the stretch just like us; e.g., KU and OU. (I didn't watch UT more than a few minutes over the season, mostly the last quarter against OU, so I don't honestly know how much of this lands on CT's shoulders.)

Injuries: I understand that CT played hurt for some of the season--his hand which is critical for passing. But then so did AM--his ankle, which is critical to his rushing and athleticism.

Compare? So on a scale of 0 (no upgrade) to 5 (day vs. night improvement), how big an upgrade is CT over AM?

Coaching? Oh, and if CT comes in, wins games, makes some all-conference lists, etc., will it be d/t the player or the coaching? That of course is a debate for another day, but it would be a fun one to have!

Just in terms of the player, particularly in DECISION MAKING and passing, I'm hoping CT is a small to moderate upgrade. I'm also hoping the new offensive staff can get a lot more out of CT's potential than the coaches got out of AM's potential.

GBR!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News