ADVERTISEMENT

How about the game

BHoppy

Walk On
Jun 26, 2001
Now that some have got through bashing each fan base and team. How about the game.

Yes, I am a Hawkeye, but honestly I have no idea how this game will play out. You could easily be 9-2 and if anyone thinks you have no talent, they really are talking with blinders on.

Now for the Hawkeyes, for a team to go undefeated is tough for any team. Yes we did not have the toughest schedule, but it happens and I am happy with the position we are in. The Hawks have played mistake free games and done a good job of controlling the game.

I really believe the key to the games is turnovers and special team play. I think we both will move the ball on each other, but key stops in the red zone could play a big factor in the game. Who has to settle for field goals and who get the touchdowns.

So beside all the bashing from each fan base, this is why we play the games. Will the better team win Friday, well, it will be the better team on that day. Means nothing more.

I know you have the story program and history, but being 11-0 and every national media picking you (Nebraska) to win, it will still be decided on the field. Then when over, I hope we all can say great game and the best team won.

So to a good game and no injuries, Happy Thanksgiving!!

Cheers to the last sentence. Looks to be a good, classic big ten game. Both teams will bring it. Personally, I wish it was a bit more respectful, but I think that ship has sailed in today's world

Reactions: unIowa
Congrats to the good season you have had. I tip my hat to you. Here`s to a great game Friday.

Reactions: 22*43*51
Now that some have got through bashing each fan base and team. How about the game....

I really believe the key to the games is turnovers and special team play. I think we both will move the ball on each other, but key stops in the red zone could play a big factor in the game. Who has to settle for field goals and who get the touchdowns....

I'm actually thinking whichever team has the best qb play wins the game. Banker's defense seem to have trouble accounting for the qb. Will Beathard be able to make things happen/keep drives alive? Will Armstrong be consistently good on decision making? The wild card in this game looks to me to be the weather.

Whether you're a Husker or Hawkeye, I hope everyone stays safe this week and all have a great Thanksgiving.

Finally some game talk. I think it comes down to Nebraska throwing the ball against Iowa's secondary. Potentially, this is a spot where NU can make some plays, but TA has thrown a ton of picks and Iowa's TO margin is outstanding.

Reactions: cidsports
Finally some game talk. I think it comes down to Nebraska throwing the ball against Iowa's secondary. Potentially, this is a spot where NU can make some plays, but TA has thrown a ton of picks and Iowa's TO margin is outstanding.

This is where I am a little concerned with Iowa's pass defense. Not so much our defensive backs, but being able to get a pass rush on TA and containing him. This could be a big impact on the game. Now if it is windy (they are predicting 16 mph winds with gust 23 mph) how well does TA throw the ball. I guess that is why we play the game and the message boards do not decide the outcome of the gameCool Again to a good game with no injuries and eat a lot of turkey to soak up the beer;)

The constant back and forth has just wanted me to see this game be over with but this thread is a good showing of what the majority of level headed fans think. This thing could go either direction, things we know is Iowa will be consistent (as they have been all season) and NE can play great or like dog crap.

How does Iowa handle being hunted?

How does NE handle a little success, do they backslide or do they build (the line between cockiness and confidence is razor thin)?

Should be a good one, I can see a slobber knocker or a blow out either way.

I am REALLY concerned about our D-backs being able to stop Tommy and his receivers. I also agree that I think both squads will be able to move the ball, but the Huskers have an advantage for sure in the special teams dept. I just hope that it is not a blowout.

Wishing the Husker Nation a Happy Thanksgiving and an injury free game!!

Now that some have got through bashing each fan base and team. How about the game.

Yes, I am a Hawkeye, but honestly I have no idea how this game will play out. You could easily be 9-2 and if anyone thinks you have no talent, they really are talking with blinders on.

Now for the Hawkeyes, for a team to go undefeated is tough for any team. Yes we did not have the toughest schedule, but it happens and I am happy with the position we are in. The Hawks have played mistake free games and done a good job of controlling the game.

I really believe the key to the games is turnovers and special team play. I think we both will move the ball on each other, but key stops in the red zone could play a big factor in the game. Who has to settle for field goals and who get the touchdowns.

So beside all the bashing from each fan base, this is why we play the games. Will the better team win Friday, well, it will be the better team on that day. Means nothing more.

I know you have the story program and history, but being 11-0 and every national media picking you (Nebraska) to win, it will still be decided on the field. Then when over, I hope we all can say great game and the best team won.

I've actually really enjoyed the bickering between fan bases. In the old days Twitter and message boards didn't exist and as a Nebraska fan I think we need a heated rivalry. I have no problem with it being Iowa as I've always respected you guys. That being said, I hope we beat you like a drum

I think it comes down to how well TA executes in the red zone. You guys will be there a lot, can you punch it in for 7's? Im definitely concerned.

Match ups will determine outcome - NU's offense can attack Iowa's secondary - if King is singled up on Westerkamp we have enough other guys that can make plays. Run game has improved late in the season - Iowa will be tough to run on. But we pushed MSU around ALOT more than tOSU was able to do. Some of that is Tommy - he is a river boat gambler at QB - sometimes it pays off sometimes he throws ugly INTs.. I Langs HAS to let Tommy run the ball more than he has most of the season.

Iowa's O will have some success running but will have to throw to convert 3rd downs and get big plays. Bethard's legs could be huge - accounting for QB runs has been an issue. The weather may limit the pass game - this is shaping up to be close to the conditions in Iowa City a few years ago - ended up very low scoring and neither team could throw it much. That will favor Iowa. Unless Langs goes full monte on the QB run game.

Should be a great game, and I think it all comes down to turnovers. If Iowa is +2 or better, I don't think Nebraska has much chance. If Nebraska limits stupid turnovers, I think the emotion of Senior Day at home will carry the team to a win.

Iowa has handled pressure well this season, but only played two games in truly hostile environments (Madison and Ames). Tomorrow will be a juiced up crowd, despite the weather and the 10k+ Hawks in the stadium.

Hey Iowa has ended every game with more points than the other team so far. No one can dispute that. That's the goal. Good job doing it. Hopefully your good fortune runs out.

I expect the game to be challenging. If it's not it's all Riley's fault ;)

The game will be very much about QB play with Beathard and Armstrong. Beathard is having a special year and this should be the third most healthy game, since his injury bout.

The running backs are always important, when speaking Iowa-Nebraska. Iowa needs to figure out a rotation with 4 backs. Playing all four may be problematic? Nebraska is in a transition year, like Wisconsin. Advantage unknown.

The receivers need to play well and be in sync with QBs on a windy Black Friday. Does the bye week help or hinder the two game win streak Nebraska has in November?

Line play is critical on both sides of the ball. Games are won or loss in the trenches, starting with the rare 1981 win for Iowa.

This season for Iowa is very 1981. The Hawkeyes opened 1981 with a win over Nebraska and closed the regular season with a win over Michigan State.

Are the stars in alignment as my high school year non-classmate, Larry Station, also pointed out? Larry moved to Iowa the year I moved to Omaha, each for College.

Iowa won in Lincoln in 2013 due to LB play. LB play has been up and down for Nebraska for past eight years. Injuries hasn't helped over years. This is a huge are of each team's game. Watch the TEs.

The secondary is B1G for each team. What will happen in explosive plays and turnover game?

Iowa is lead on defense by two linebackers, while Safety leads Nebraska in tackles. Nebraska appears a season away, like Iowa last year?

Specual teams, Riley and Ferentz both agree, each team is very capable.

There is a reason that this game is a near pick 'em.

Iowa 35
Nebraska 29

One computer picked. Three out of five at The Daily Nebraskan picked Iowa.

This will be a very close game. Can Iowa pull one out at 2-8, since 1979 ... we shall see on Black Friday.

Happy Thanksgiving to my Huskers and Hawkeyes ... friends and family!

peace

Win the turnover battle, win the game. I think it's that simple, especially for the Huskers.

Win the turnover battle, win the game. I think it's that simple, especially for the Huskers.

I think you are right, but also believe each team will move the ball and who scores touchdowns in the red zone over field goals will be a big part of the game. Of course, how many times you get there will be important;)

Enjoy your turkey and brews today!

This is a better thread then Iv'e been seeing all week.There is so much talk about the upset this week it reminds me when we had "Red Out around The Word"' against Texas and crapped our pants.The Hawks are playing some of the best "TEAM" ball that I have seen all season.You no who sucks at team ball this year"Ohio State"
Good luck Iowa,No get that damn field finished so I can go shoot my Buck.

I'm hoping for more of a "no sit Sunday" than "red out around the world". Let's hope Riley's team can handle a hyped up game better than his predecessors did.

This is a better thread then Iv'e been seeing all week.There is so much talk about the upset this week it reminds me when we had "Red Out around The Word"' against Texas and crapped our pants.The Hawks are playing some of the best "TEAM" ball that I have seen all season.You no who sucks at team ball this year"Ohio State"
Good luck Iowa,No get that damn field finished so I can go shoot my Buck.

Michigan State played "TEAM" ball right over Ohio State in the Big Ten Championship Game in 2013, if you listen to the Buckeyes S&C coach during the tribute program for the Ohio State 2014 run.

peace

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT