ADVERTISEMENT

Hoiberg Technical

TarheelHuskerFan

Blackshirt
Jul 10, 2008
Spring Lake, NC
I went back to see the offensive foul on Breidenbach that led to Hoibergs technical foul. I thought it was strange that the broadcast didnt show a single replay. Breidenbach literally didnt even get close to touching anybody on the opposing team. It wasnt even close. Theres no explaining that call away. I wish I could post a video. Blows my mind...

Edit: heres the video
YouTube Link

Last edited:
I went back to see the offensive foul on Breidenbach that led to Hoibergs technical foul. I thought it was strange that the broadcast didnt show a single replay. Breidenbach literally didnt even get close to touching anybody on the opposing team. It wasnt even close. Theres no explaining that call away. I wish I could post a video. Blows my mind...
Well, as far as game fixing is concerned or just plain ol "hey can we at least see the replay so that we may judge for ourselves?" goes, it always seems funny how a large part of the time they dont show the replay on those kind of calls. It happens al the time in our games.

I kept thinking from about 2 minutes in....if this thing is close, no way the stripes allow us to win
The BIG needed Ohio State to win this game for financial/NCAA reasons. Good for Fred to get the technical. Karma took care of their free throws on his T.

The BIG needed Ohio State to win this game for financial/NCAA reasons. Good for Fred to get the technical. Karma took care of their free throws on his T.
b1g is a 4 bid league that will somehow land twice that regardless

no conference needs to win less to be highly regarded than ours

Reactions: tman485
Glad to see Fred showing some fire. … finally may be his first T since he started at DONU

Very strange call

Trev better be sending this video to the Big Ten office. Nebraska won the game despite the refs trying their mightiest to give this one to tOSU.

Remember when it was a "point of emphasis" to get flopping out of the game?

Has there been a more obvious flop all season than that Buckeye pretending to be pushed out of bounds? Lucky for him he did it right in front of the OSU bench, so the call was more or less automatic. Pleasantly surprised it wasn't a Flagrant 1.

I've seen a ton of no calls on moving screens lately but this wasn't even in the same area code of a foul. WTF
It had to be a case of wrong number, doesn’t it? I wonder if he meant Griesel?
His arm goes up very quick, and he doesn’t even seem to be looking at the play

Trev better be sending this video to the Big Ten office. Nebraska won the game despite the refs trying their mightiest to give this one to tOSU.

Yeah. #23 was banging all over the place and didn't get called for shit. I wish we had some bangers, but on the same token teams would be in the double bonus 3 minutes in with the B1G officiating.

Reactions: REDZONEDAN

Man that is hard to watch, should have been a flagrant and an ejection, just senseless violence. I really hope that OSU kid is OK, or will be OK someday. Fred needs to reel these animals in before someone gets killed.

Yeah. #23 was banging all over the place and didn't get called for shit. I wish we had some bangers, but on the same token teams would be in the double bonus 3 minutes in with the B1G officiating.
That's what was really getting me. I was at the game and wasn't really paying much attention to 23, then I noticed on a couple plays what he was doing and started watching him more. Nearly every play on the offensive end for OSU, he'd setup for a screen and throw an elbow as players would try to run by, I saw him even kicking his leg out a few times. I didn't notice at the game, but watching highlights there was one possession for OSU where Kesei was guarding down in the paint, an obvious size mismatch. At least two and maybe three separate times on that one possession, I watched him go to set a (probably illegal) screen and then he'd run down into the paint to post up Kesei; except his method of "posting up" was basically just to bowl into him at full speed and send him flying a good few feet before he recovers. Of course the refs were completely uninterested.

The fact that 23 ended the game with only one foul, and that was called pretty late in the second half, was a complete joke.

Appears they called the foul on Breidenbach for fouling his own player (Tominaga). It was a new rule the B1G implemented before the game in case OSU was getting beat.

Did they mistakenly give Bredienbach the foul and maybe should have been Griesel as it kind of looks like he may have stuck his ass out doing the down screen (can't really see on the screen?) The whistle was blown before the defender even reached Bredienbach... (I was unable to watch game and just saw the small snipit from above..)

I've seen a ton of no calls on moving screens lately but this wasn't even in the same area code of a foul. WTF
Did they mistakenly give Bredienbach the foul and maybe should have been Griesel as it kind of looks like he may have stuck his ass out doing the down screen (can't really see on the screen?) The whistle was blown before the defender even reached Bredienbach... (I was unable to watch game
Did they mistakenly give Bredienbach the foul and maybe should have been Griesel as it kind of looks like he may have stuck his ass out doing the down screen (can't really see on the screen?) The whistle was blown before the defender
Did they mistakenly give Bredienbach the foul and maybe should have been Griesel as it kind of looks like he may have stuck his ass out doing the down screen (can't really see on the screen?) The whistle was blown before the defender even reached Bredienbach... (I was unable to watch game and just saw the small snipit from above..)
That has to be it, doesn’t it? If so, it is just another example of B1G refs being totally incompetent. They picked the wrong whitey to pin a foul on to try and save the game for osu

Reactions: tjlSker90

That has to be it, doesn’t it? If so, it is just another example of B1G refs being totally incompetent. They picked the wrong whitey to pin a foul on to try and save the game for osu
Watching the replay, this seems like it might be the case. Griesel even kind of reacts like he thinks the call is on him. A call on Griesel would at least be slightly more defensible, though considering what 23 was getting away with all night, not much more. Calling the foul on the wrong player is almost worse than just the horrible call to begin with. Probably trying to get all of Nebraska's bigger guys fouled out so 23 could really throw his weight around. Shocked Kojenets managed to play a few minutes without getting a foul.

Reactions: PvilleHuskerTim
It looked to me as if the OSU player who was guarding Tominaga slipped as he was trying to follow Tominaga around the screen, and the ref got a brain cramp and just assumed that this was caused by the screen.

Sort of an anticipation call where contact was expected, but never actually happened.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT