ADVERTISEMENT

Hoiberg Extended Through the 28-29 Season

He isn’t the one who extended the contract, period. He will have to make a decision to let him go (possibly) but whatever it is, isn’t on him. Oh, and the extension guaranteed Fred isn’t going anywhere next year
It’s on him to figure how to budget for the expense.

It’s on him to figure how to budget for the expense.
The Big Lebowski Signings GIF

What a clown show, or rather acting clown show. Fred did a great job this year but his history here in no way suggests this is more than a one-year fluke. I am sure new AD candidates will be impressed that this major AD decision was made without their input by two interim administrators, no less.

Should have waited until after the A&M game. We give too many extensions on hope rather than results.

This post is mostly dead on. But what would you recommend Fred do… Say no to all of this money? If this is what the NCAA has become, why should he not benefit? Again, I agree with you largely. The money has gotten out of control. Didn’t need to extend him through 2029. But if Fred backs it up in subsequent years, we’ll be happy. If he doesn’t, we’ll move on.

Don’t agree with your last 2 lines. He has nothing to be ashamed about. He wants to be here, he isn’t climbing the ladder like TA apparently… give him a chance to show sustained success.
IMO Fred is the best BB coach we’ve had since Nee. Nebraska isn’t exactly a destination basketball school so I believe we had better be realistic with our expectations. While this was maybe our best roster in a long time, there were some obvious shortcomings at a few spots exposed these past 2 games. I think Fred did a great job with what he could get this past year. We need to elevate our recruiting a notch to do better. My preference is to ride with Fred long term to see if stability builds something.

IMO Fred is the best BB coach we’ve had since Nee. Nebraska isn’t exactly a destination basketball school so I believe we had better be realistic with our expectations. While this was maybe our best roster in a long time, there were some obvious shortcomings at a few spots exposed these past 2 games. I think Fred did a great job with what he could get this past year. We need to elevate our recruiting a notch to do better. My preference is to ride with Fred long term to see if stability builds something.
Queen kong wanted him fired a couple years ago hell he wants Rhule fired

To extend him is one thing to give him a raise making him the 3rd highest paid coach in the conf and top 15 nationally is quite another

He has been here 5 years and has had one winning season and zero post season wins. In his 5 years he has amassed the 3 worst records in the last 50 years at Nebraska

The problem with Neb athletics is that they equate Hoiberg’s results as being worthy of a top national salary.

When Collins took over NW they were historically a worse program than Neb having never been made the tourney. They now have 3 tourney win and are playing later with a chance to advance despite 2 heavy contributors being out with injuries.

Hoiberg’s raise pays him nearly double of what Collins earns.

Nobody pays for losing with the hopes of becoming mediocre like Nebraska. There was zero chance of Hoiberg leaving with his historically bad record
Meh. The money is there. It’s not my money. Don’t care.

To extend him is one thing to give him a raise making him the 3rd highest paid coach in the conf and top 15 nationally is quite another

He has been here 5 years and has had one winning season and zero post season wins. In his 5 years he has amassed the 3 worst records in the last 50 years at Nebraska

The problem with Neb athletics is that they equate Hoiberg’s results as being worthy of a top national salary.

When Collins took over NW they were historically a worse program than Neb having never been made the tourney. They now have 3 tourney win and are playing later with a chance to advance despite 2 heavy contributors being out with injuries.

Hoiberg’s raise pays him nearly double of what Collins earns.

Nobody pays for losing with the hopes of becoming mediocre like Nebraska. There was zero chance of Hoiberg leaving with his historically bad record
You guys should be more worried about refilling your NIL fund after Proctor drained it 🤣🤣

Very well put. Fred did well with the roster at hand this year and they played hard. In game coaching can’t overcome lack of foot quickness vs. A & M(and Illinois). I am sure Fred will address that in next year’s roster. I am confident he is the right man for the job going forward for multiple reasons.

One post season win and you get the Phelan coach of the year?
I understand Tim Miles' won it here also.
Next up, Who's Who of America.

Reactions: WHCSC
You have a problem that at the his point and time?
If you don’t extend contracts it’s much more difficult to recruit players in the program.
Generally false. I dont think recruits scour through their prospective coach's contracts.

Once we signed the national juco player of the year. Someone in the press said there are about 12 juco poy each season.
He turned out to be nothing. Average at best.

Should have waited until after the A&M game. We give too many extensions on hope rather than results.
Yeah make the coach who got them to the tournament prove it.

Some fools think he should have been fired already.

Generally false. I dont think recruits scour through their prospective coach's contracts.
Of course they don’t. But opposing coaches do and use it for negative recruiting. Have you ever heard of that?

Not saying he should or shouldn’t have been extended, but you better believe if a coach isn’t extended after a really good year, opposing coaches will tell recruits that he may not be there long since he didn’t get an extension.

Are you really this naive?

Reactions: dinglefritz
Wrong again. You're obsession is not only dumb, but dead wrong.
Sklarbodds deleted the post from the thread..

Keep up, you’re 11 days behind the post and you are more than dead wrong.

Get with the program..

Last edited:
Sklardobbs deleted the post from the thread..

Keep up, you’re 11 days behind the post and you are more than dead wrong.

Get with the program..
What or who is sklardobbs?
You really need to quit worrying about me or anyone else on here.

What or who is sklardobbs?
You really need to quit worrying about me or anyone else on here.
That is how clueless you are it’s Sklarbodds and he is the board mod who deleted the posts from Redmichelle who in this thread started 2 or 3 new screen names this thread to troll…

This is why you can’t figure out the thread because your 11 days from knowing what went on…

I’m not referring to you back I was pointing out the troll new names and trolls which you think I was full of it..

Ask the others on the board if you don’t believe me.

Butterflyer was one of the new screen names if you scroll up the thread.

Last edited:
That is how clueless you are it’s Sklarbodds and he is the board mod who deleted the posts from Redmichelle who in this thread started 2 or 3 new screen names this thread to troll…

This is why you can’t figure out the thread because your 11 days from knowing what went on…

I’m not referring to you back I was pointing out the troll new names and trolls which you think I was full of it..

Ask the others on the board if you don’t believe me.

Butterflyer was one of the new screen names if you scroll up the thread.
Just so you know.
You can go back and edit your posts but it doesn't change that quote. You screwed up. Just move along.

How did I screw up?
You’re in denial of the troll.
You typed in sklardobbs. And since you're 100 percent snarky I felt compelled to point it out. You then went back and edited your post but it doesn't change the quote.
Of course you know all this.
As for trolls, I could not care less. If I want to agree or take issue with something posted I leave it on its own merit. I don't obsess about who said it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT