ADVERTISEMENT

Hockey playoffs

Look out for Boston to be felled by the President's Trophy curse. Oilers are the hot team but look out for the Avalanche. They are getting sort of healthy for the first time all year. Oilers vs Avs in a western conference final will be entertaining hockey.

bruins big favorites, but that doesn't matter in hockey as much as in other sports

should be a great few weeks

Reactions: BigRedTed
As a STH, my heart says VGK. My head says VGK does not have the playoff pedigree goaltending to go more than one round. BOS comes out of the East. CAR was sliding at the end; NJ is too young and inexperienced; TOR is a self-inflicted head wound waiting to happen. I think DAL comes out of the West and takes out EDM in the Conference Finals. EDM is hot on offense but falls victim to the same problem VGK has which is goaltending without any pedigree. EDM is killer on the PP but less penalties get called in the playoffs.

For the first time since 2006 I can be completely confident that my Pens will not win the cup... I'll be generic and say Boston will win like a lot of people are saying. Bruins have looked damn good all year.

Don't know how much of a chance they have but I'll be pulling for the Wild so Flower can get another cup. MAF isn't a Penguin anymore but I'll always be a fan of his

Reactions: HuskerHusaria
I'm a HUGE Bruins fan. Didn't want to make a lot of posts this season, as I figured the board wouldn't be interested in hockey. The curse is not real. The Cup is hard for anyone to win. Avs are hot late, as are the Oilers. But nobody is hotter than Boston. I fear the Canes more than anyone. Should be a fun playoffs!

Edit: love the Stars as well. Just don't think they are the best in the West. Anything can happen, though.

Reactions: king_kong_
As a STH, my heart says VGK. My head says VGK does not have the playoff pedigree goaltending to go more than one round. BOS comes out of the East. CAR was sliding at the end; NJ is too young and inexperienced; TOR is a self-inflicted head wound waiting to happen. I think DAL comes out of the West and takes out EDM in the Conference Finals. EDM is hot on offense but falls victim to the same problem VGK has which is goaltending without any pedigree. EDM is killer on the PP but less penalties get called in the playoffs.
Quick has won the cup in the past. He knows what it takes. Does he have anything left in the tank is another question

day 1 did not disappoint

imagine watching NBA during NHL playoffs?

Quick has won the cup in the past. He knows what it takes. Does he have anything left in the tank is another question
JQ has been the softest of the VGK goalies in the second half of the season (in what is viewed as a very goalie friendly system). I suspect if either Hill or Thompson gets healthy, Quick ends up a healthy scratch.

I agree that the NBA is trash these days but as a Colorado sports fan (sans sCUm) this is the best time of year.

Also goal AVS!!!

Avs finally woke up after 4 periods of sleepwalking. Hope they keep it up when the series resumes in Seattle.

The Make Beliefs win in OT in Tampa. Thought the Lightning had that game pretty well in hand, but let it get away.

Reactions: bigboxes
My coworker calls them the Make Beliefs as well. An Islander fan. Never seen a more self-loathing fan. I mean, break out the cat-o-nines and self-flagellate. He can't watch them play because then they'll lose. LOL

LET'S GO BRUINS!

boston_bruins_logo_primary_20083802.png

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT