ADVERTISEMENT

Hire a coach, please Trev!?!

lunstra11

Walk On
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2022
I see lots of thoughts, ideas, inside info, etc., but I wanted to put some thoughts down on why a new coach hasn't been named yet, including my mindset "lifecycle"...
  1. Oh, man, I am tired of all of the speculation
    • I could ignore it, but can you actually do that...can I actually do that?
  2. Don't we need to get a new coach named so we can start building momentum for next year, which is the foundation for the future?
  3. If not soon, doesn't it become more or increasingly complex for next year?
  4. Recruits are saying that Mickey is staying
  5. But...Mickey is a potential candidate for the ASU job?
  6. What is the reality?
  7. What if the new coach is currently coaching another team?
    • It wouldn't be fair or cool for a head coach at another school to accept another job mid-season
  8. If it's going to be Mickey, wouldn't that have been announced already? Yes, most likely
  9. Maybe someone has already been hired, and the current staff already knows? At least, a few key people?
  10. If that's the case, leaks would almost certainly be occurring
  11. I do wish Trev would publicly state which staff members will be retained for certain, but can he really do that?
  12. How would the other coaches feel about the uncertainty?
At the end of the day, it would be great to have a coach named, but there are obvious reasons why one hasn't been named. Perhaps Trev has his guy, and Mickey has, at least, some knowledge of it? While it (having a coach hired and named) would help with recruiting, if Mickey will indeed be part of the coaching staff next year, that should satisfy a key recruiting aspect. I don't see a new coach being named until the end of the regular season...until after the Iowa game. If the new coach is coaching in a conference championship game, they won't be named until after the first weekend in December.

I guess I will just sit back and try and enjoy Nebraska football until then. GBR!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News