ADVERTISEMENT

Having a QB that can drop dimes like this

He looked to me last night like he could be a franchise QB in the NFL....as a Denver fan, Penix, Nix & McCarthy all seem to be the most likely picks if that's the direction they go in the 1st...you hope you just get the 1 of those 3 that "gets it" at the NFL level

He looked to me last night like he could be a franchise QB in the NFL....as a Denver fan, Penix, Nix & McCarthy all seem to be the most likely picks if that's the direction they go in the 1st...you hope you just get the 1 of those 3 that "gets it" at the NFL level
Hoping Denver gets Penix, That trade for Wilson was incompetence and its finest.

Do we have extra receivers? Probably need 1-2 transfer receivers with how thin we were last season.

With our receivers last year satt would have had penix running qb power 15x/game

Reactions: oldjar07
Im surprised the announcers didn’t seem to mention it, but what the hell was DeBoer thinking passing on 3rd and goal? Scott Frost type of call just about produced Scott Frost type of result.
I always chalk it up to these guys HAVE to be ballsy, type A guys to have gotten where they are and in situations like last night their bravado tells them to roll the dice and win the game right there. Same with Frost's onside kick. If it works you are a "Riverboat Gambler", if not, everybody in Washington is freaking out to the end.

And BTW, from what I can see Rhule is not immune from wanting to win it right there (like the three attempted passes late against Minnesota).

Reactions: Charlie Marlow
That’s what we need out of Raiola. I don’t believe pounding the rock and playing field position is going to do it anymore.
You only get so far with running and field position. You also run into problems because if you are not just totally dominate, it is hard to put teams away, so you end up with a lot of close games which means more chances for a loss, often times to a lame team.

I mean, he also has the top offensive line in the country, multiple nfl wr’s and a stud RB. Pennix is great but it’s not just him
Our O line class coming N is great. WR's are young and fast. TE class is incredible. Just need that Oregon transfer RB to pair with EJ.

Last edited:
76.3 percent. I think our QB's were 50 percent or lower this last year. Totally unacceptable. My bad. Combined 52 percent. Still shit.
The Huskers didn't have a 200-yard passing game for the first time since joining the Big Ten. The team's combined 52.1% completion rate ranks as second-lowest in the Big Ten era and the 6.1% interception rate was the highest since the 2004 season. Nebraska finished No. 126 in passing yards per game. The only teams the Huskers finished ahead of were the three service academies and Iowa.

Last edited:
Do we have extra receivers? Probably need 1-2 transfer receivers with how thin we were last season.

With our receivers last year satt would have had penix running qb power 15x/game
You trust your QB. Mac Milton could do it. AM? Meh.

Reactions: BleedRed78
I'll take a QB that can run the offense and not turn the ball over. Build off that.
I get that. Especially after this season.

I think we really don't have a good perspective of how good a QB that can make plays with his arm -- and put the football where it needs to be -- can make an offense look.

Who was the last difference maker Nebraska had at QB?

Probably freshman and sophomore Taylor Martinez.

How about the last difference maker throwing the ball?

Someone like Penix, Nix, Ewers? When did we last have a guy that could do that?

I think we really don't have a good perspective of how good a QB that can make plays with his arm -- and put the football where it needs to be -- can make an offense look.

Not recall any

Tommy Armstrong carried that 8 win team.

I like our recruiting class but I think we are a long way away from having top units across the board on offense like Washington has. I hope I’m wrong!
Top units as determined by what? Heck Washington doesn't even qualify to be in the conversation for the title based on the Blue Chip index that says you need 50% of your recruits to be 4 and 5 star players.

Will take a couple years to get there. By Dylan's sophomore and Jr season we should be there.
yep

as stated, 2026 is the next time winning will matter

not a second before

adjust accordingly

No. I said it will take a year or two to be on par with Washington. Wins always matter.
if we win some games over the next couple years, it'll be nice.

but it won't be imperative until 2026.

and it certainly will not the bar by which success is measured until then, either.

Dylan: athlete and poet

In the realm of college dreams where purpose takes flight, Enter Dylan Raiola, crafting his narrative in the night. Once lured by Georgia, where powerhouse glory gleamed, Yet Nebraska’s purpose in his heart brightly beamed.
In the scarlet and cream, where legacies entwine, Dylan, like Rodgers, Rozier, and Crouch, a hero in the line. No longer a cog in some powerhouse machine, But a quarterback, with an even grander ambition unseen.
So fellow fans await, with hope in the air, For Dylan to choose, his purpose to declare. In a weekend’s decision, destiny calls, To fulfill his purpose, where a new dynasty enthralls.

• Love
Reactions: HBK4life
Top units as determined by what? Heck Washington doesn't even qualify to be in the conversation for the title based on the Blue Chip index that says you need 50% of your recruits to be 4 and 5 star players.
But they have the QB.

Great, that doesn't answer my question about Washington having top units in college football
I’ve said for years you can win with 3 star talent IF you have a QB and some difference makers sprinkled in. Top recruiting classes while a great help, don’t guarantee success if you don’t have the man at QB. Washington has recruited well. They have very good talent AND they have a difference maker at QB. Are they top units? I think one has to believe they’re playing above their recruiting rankings.

Why do some put some sort of arbutryary time frame for how long it will take us to reach what Washington is doing?

It took DeBoer no time. Literally his first year he won 11 games and the year before he came, U dub went 4-8 and were really bad.

It doesn’t take winners time to win. The schedule you all make “3 years, 4 years, etc” is the amount of time you are willing to give the coach the benefit of the doubt. Winners don’t need the time. They win. Guys like Klieman and DeBoer don’t need your pitty or understanding. They want to win now and know how to do it.

A vast majority of the guys that say year 3 or 4 or whatever never achieve success. How many coaches will be fired this year that used “year 3 or 4” terminology? We’ve used that garbage on BC, Rhule, and Frost… didnt on Bo cause dude wins.

I hope and am pulling for Matt to turn it around. He’s got a chess piece to make it happen, but sick of they year 2 or 3 until we get to uDub when DeBoer did it year 1.

I’ll give you year 2 or 3 until Rhule weeds out his bad hires maybe. Satterfield couldn’t hold Grubb jockstrap.

Why do some put some sort of arbutryary time frame for how long it will take us to reach what Washington is doing?

It took DeBoer no time. Literally his first year he won 11 games and the year before he came, U dub went 4-8 and were really bad.

It doesn’t take winners time to win. The schedule you all make “3 years, 4 years, etc” is the amount of time you are willing to give the coach the benefit of the doubt. Winners don’t need the time. They win. Guys like Klieman and DeBoer don’t need your pitty or understanding. They want to win now and know how to do it.

A vast majority of the guys that say year 3 or 4 or whatever never achieve success. How many coaches will be fired this year that used “year 3 or 4” terminology? We’ve used that garbage on BC, Rhule, and Frost… didnt on Bo cause dude wins.

I hope and am pulling for Matt to turn it around. He’s got a chess piece to make it happen, but sick of they year 2 or 3 until we get to uDub when DeBoer did it year 1.

I’ll give you year 2 or 3 until Rhule weeds out his bad hires maybe. Satterfield couldn’t hold Grubb jockstrap.
Not saying you are wrong, but let's see who Washington puts out there at QB next year, and if all 3 of those stud receivers comeback.

I think we all know better than to use high school rankings as the best way to evaluate a player. Blue chip index correlates with on field success but doesn’t guarantee it. Pennix is a heisman finalist. Their offensive line won the Moore award. Odunze was a Biletniloff finalist while Polk and McMullen were watch listers. Johnson is a projected nfl draft pick and won a national player of the week award. So yeah, upper echelon units.

Reactions: oldjar07
I think we all know better than to use high school rankings as the best way to evaluate a player. Blue chip index correlates with on field success but doesn’t guarantee it. Pennix is a heisman finalist. Their offensive line won the Moore award. Odunze was a Biletniloff finalist while Polk and McMullen were watch listers. Johnson is a projected nfl draft pick and won a national player of the week award. So yeah, upper echelon units.
It appears to be super echelon 1st team. Literally, the entire offense has been around long enough to enter the draft. Is Dylan Morris going to be able to carry on what Penix started? Are the backup on the OLine and especially at WR going to be able to do what the starters are doing now?

TCU did the same thing last year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT