ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Happenings from the recruiting trail: Monday ***Updated 10:43pm***

Nate Clouse

Nebraska Legend
Staff
Feb 14, 2012
Lincoln, Neb.
ycupHzNr_400x400.jpg

I just received a DM on twitter from junior college linebacker Will Honas stating that he has decided to officially visit Nebraska this weekend. His parents will be coming along with them for the visit.

No doubt this is big news for Nebraska's chances to sign him on December 20.

(Mike)
=================================

I was just able to speak with two of Nebraska's four-star junior college recruiting targets who are considering coming to Lincoln for their last official visit before the December 20 signing date.

ooivwaemtgjrpnoebctf

Brooklyn (NY) ASA College defensive back Jeremy Webb said that he is trying to decide between Nebraska, Florida, and Tennessee for his last official visit. He said he would know where he is going by Wednesday.

"Honestly, I just feel like whichever coaching staff wants me to visit the most is where I will go."

Cornhusker assistant coach Jovan Dewitt visited with him today and Tennessee is coming tomorrow or Wednesday. He does not know if Florida will be coming to see him this week yet.

"Coach Dewitt was here for probably an hour and he talked about how much they wanted me up there and about their defense and everything. Pretty much what everybody talks about and the same thing we talked about the last time he came to check up on me."

West Virginia and Virginia Tech are the only other schools still in the picture with Webb.

zxabqvke6x34hkqywabr

Yuma (Ariz.) Arizona Western C.C. tight end Dominick Anderson said he is still up in the air wear will he'll be going this weekend for his last official visit.

"I have no clue right now, but I could probably let you know tomorrow. I'm considering Tennessee, Florida State and Nebraska. It will just be a gut feeling where I go."

(Mike)

=======================================

I just caught up with junior college middle linebacker Will Honas. Honas received a visit from Nebraska head coach Scott Frost earlier this week. Honas, from El Dorado (Kans.) Butler C.C., said that the topic of taking an official visit to Nebraska came up.

"I met coach Frost for the first time this week," Honas said. "He called me the day after he was announced as the head coach at Nebraska. I know how important he thinks I am to their class.

"We talked about an official visit. I am not sure yet if I am going to visit, but I am thinking about it. They don't need to know by a certain day this week. I will just drive up this weekend. It's only four hours away."

(Bryan)

==============================

Looks like Rivals250 QB Adrian Martinez just finished up with his in-home visit from the Tennessee staff. Martinez told me yesterday he was expecting them to come on Tuesday. Also, no Phillip Fulmer in the house.

Still liking Nebraska's chances here.

(Nate)

==============================================

f9dozncpezbdcmrofkeq

CB Mario Goodrich

Was able to get the latest with former Nebraska commit Mario Goodrich tonight. The new Rivals100 member said he will be taking visits to Georgia, LSU and Ole Miss. He said he has been in touch with new Huskers head coach Scott Frost and his staff a few times. However, when asked if NU was still under consideration Goodrich said, "Nah, I'm not considering (Nebraska) anymore and I did talk to (the coaches) a couple of times."

(Nate)

=======================================================

thqgxn3sivmfkgrhdp7x

Independence (Mo.) William Chrisman Senior High defensive end Daniel Carson will not be signing his letter of intent until February, so he plans to take all of his official visits prior to February 7.

This past weekend, he was in Miami for his second official trip. His mother was there with him and she will be accompanying him on all of his officials.

"The highlight of the Miami trip was probably getting to go to Coach Mark Richt's house. It was a fun experience for me. We just ate and stuff like that, and my mom had a chance to talk to his wife. My mom really enjoyed talking to his wife and to Coach Richt about some stuff. Some of the players from the Miami team came over and we talked and had some good laughs."

His first official visit was to Austin, Texas to check out the Longhorns' program.

"It was a really good visit. Me and my mom enjoyed talking to the coaches and how they treated us. They treated us really good. The game was pretty close too."

Carson's third official visit will be to Lincoln, Nebraska this coming weekend.

"I decided to visit Nebraska because Coach Frost did an amazing job at UCF and turned the program around. I just want to see what they have to offer and to see the type of situation I would be in, if I went there. I want to see if it's like what I want in a university, the family atmosphere there with the players, and if the coaches are good coaches. I also competed against the Davis twins in high school in track."

Carson is still trying to determine who will give his last two official visit slots. As he takes his remaining trips, he knows what he will be looking for in a college football program.

"Just the atmosphere and making sure it's the right fit for me. My mother goes on my trips with me too just to make sure I'm going to a great school and I will be taken care of as an athlete and as a person as well. To make sure I will be the man I am supposed to be.

"As of right now, I am down to Nebraska, Texas, Miami and now Tennessee. Tennessee just offered me a few minutes ago. Their defensive line coach offered me."

Carson said that he is no longer considering Oklahoma or Missouri.

He has had recent in-home visits with Louisville, Miami, and this evening Nebraska coaches Scott Frost, Erik Chinander and coach Mike Dawson will be in the Carson residence to conduct their in-home visit with him.

(Mike)

===============================

s7h2xbeigicpznyb0qdy

WR Katerian LeGrone

2018 Atlanta (Ga.) B.E.S.T. Academy WR Katerian LeGrone tells me he will be taking an official visit to Nebraska this weekend. The 6-foot-3, 220-pound LeGrone is currently committed to UCF.

(Nate)

================================================

thqgxn3sivmfkgrhdp7x

DE Daniel Carson

@Mike Matya was able to get in touch with 2018 Independence (Mo.) William Chrisman defensive end Daniel Carson just now. Carson said he will be taking his official visit to Nebraska this weekend and will be hosting Huskers head coach Scott Frost, DC Erik Chinander and DL coach Mike Dawson for an in-home visit tonight.

Mike will have a full update on Carson's recruitment coming shortly.

===========================================================

As we posted last night, Lincoln Southeast and current Wisconsin DT commit Bryson Williams hosted NU coached Erik Chinander and Mike Dawson for an in-home visit last night. I asked Williams how the visit went and he said, "It went really well actually."

He did not say if he was going to be taking an official visit to Nebraska this weekend or not. However, something to note is the fact Wisconsin made a new DT offer tonight. Could be something, could be nothing.

My take is that something is brewing with Williams and the Huskers... We'll keep you posted.

(Nate)

=====================================================

Nebraska coach Ryan Held conducted an in-home visit with City College of San Francisco DE/OLB Jordan Allen tonight. The Huskers are in Allen's recently released top 5 and he is all set to take his official visit to Lincoln this weekend. The main competition for Allen at this point appears to be TCU and Michigan State where he just visited this past weekend.

(Nate)

gl3anc61dwztpojzzb2w

I just received a DM on twitter from Glen Head (NY) Lutheran tight end Messiah Swinson stating that there's a "Big chance" he will be taking an official visit to Nebraska this coming weekend. He added, "I think I'm going to go."

He will know for sure tomorrow.

Swinson has already taken officials to Arizona State and Missouri.

(Mike)

===========================

Sean wanted to pass on that he heard Tennessee A.D. Phil Fulmer has passed his NCAA recruiting test and will be on the road doing in-homes for the Volunteers, including to QB Adrian Martinez.

Fulmer will be used like Tom Osborne was on the road recruiting in the transition from Bill Callahan to Bo Pelini, This is something to keep an eye on because the Huskers and Vols are pursuing several of the same recruits.

(Mike)

==============================

l5ezlsouz43ech3htcop

2019 CB Cam'Ron Kelly

Nebraska has offered 2019 Rivals250 DB Cam'Ron Kelly out of Chesapeake (Va.) Oscar Smith today.

(Nate)

============================================

y5hehihsga6nbpjnig0e

Nebraska coaches Scott Frost and Erik Chinander have been in contact with Wichita Falls (Texas) Hirschi High defensive tackle Lloyd Murray and they will be droppig by his school soon.

He says he's very high on Nebraska, so I asked him why:

"Since they've hired Coach Frost I've been highly interested in them. He's a great coach, he was a great played back in his day and the fans.. boy do they love you. Lincoln is a great place too."

I also asked him which colleges are you most interested in at this time and where he planned to visit in the spring.

"Nebraska, LSU, Georgia, Texas A&M, Florida, Georgia and Alabama. I'm going to visit those schools for sure."

(Mike)

====================================================

Nebraska offensive coordinator and wide receivers coach Troy Walters had an in-home visit with 4-star WR target Tommy Bush last night.

(Nate)

Nebraska WR/TE target Justin McGriff has decommitted from UCF. The 6-foot-6, 210-pound athlete is fresh off his visit to Nebraska over the weekend.

(Nate)

===============================

It looks like Nebraska got the attention of the Baylor staff. The Huskers hosted longtime Baylor commitment Joshua Fleeks out of Cedar Hill over the weekend and Fleeks made it pretty clear that he feels NU's offense might be the best fit for him and that he was not going to be signing early as originally planned.

Baylor pulled out all the stops by sending pretty much with the entire coaching staff to Cedar Hill HS today to see Fleeks.

################################

Last edited by a moderator:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News