ADVERTISEMENT

Give HH 1-2 NFL ready WRs and/or 1-2 ready NFL RBs how good would he be?

two different "quotes" here

typical

find one post from me saying we have our "ideal" QB

you won't
But you were thumping your chest when he was 5-1 saying he was the reason but it was more fact the reason why is because of our defense…

We have too many reasons why we’re not very good on offense from injuries to poor offensive line but the biggest factor is we don’t have any quality QB’s..

Reactions: Rick.Shaw
But you were thumping your chest when he was 5-1 saying he was the reason but it was more fact the reason why is because of our defense…

We have too many reasons why we’re not very good on offense from injuries to poor offensive line but the biggest factor is we don’t have any quality QB’s..
Defense was awful yesterday against the worst offense we’ve faced all season

What’s clear is if we’re going to win anymore games, HH has to do it single-handedly

• Haha
Reactions: Walleye79
who's going to step up and win games when we need them?

and where were they yesterday?
They Pull Me Back In Al Pacino GIF by The Godfather

To answer your obvious troll, the receivers were running, open, looking for a football so that they could catch it and score a TD. Unfortunately, the balls weren’t thrown to them, but more often the safety.

I’m wondering where the “leadership” and “intangibles” disappeared to. You argued that balls were bouncing more favorably and the D was playing much better, all because of his leadership / intangibles. Where’d it go?

What’s clear is if we’re going to win anymore games, HH has to do it single-handedly
The defense literally stepped up multiple times to give our offense chances to win yesterday at the end and gave up only 20 points. Only giving up 20 points should always be enough of a cushion to win when the weather was as good as it was yesterday. HH has to single handedly win the games because he's single handedly losing them. I'm not bagging on the kid but he isn't accurate, has zero pocket awareness to help the o-line, is a slow blinker on his reads, and doesn't understand the plays he's running.

He has to play the rest of the year, we have no one else and we need to cheer for him. But it is also ok to say that he is terrible and statistically one of the worst qbs out there in the last 10 years and is only playing because the guy he unseated is somehow substantially worse. He should be a wr or TE next year

They Pull Me Back In Al Pacino GIF by The Godfather

To answer your obvious troll, the receivers were running, open, looking for a football so that they could catch it and score a TD. Unfortunately, the balls weren’t thrown to them, but more often the safety.

I’m wondering where the “leadership” and “intangibles” disappeared to. You argued that balls were bouncing more favorably and the D was playing much better, all because of his leadership / intangibles. Where’d it go?
He’s still 5-2.

That fact is terrible for your narrative.

Intangibles can’t make up for horrible play by 100% of the players/coaches like we saw yesterday.

My moneys on a nice bounceback this week. I’m sure yours will be on the turtles.

He’s still 5-2.

That fact is terrible for your narrative.

Intangibles can’t make up for horrible play by 100% of the players/coaches like we saw yesterday.

My moneys on a nice bounceback this week. I’m sure yours will be on the turtles.
I got it, so when the team does well in any area or wins, it is because of his leadership / intangibles, but when there is a struggle, there’s only so much his leadership / intangibles can do. Talk about a narrative.

When the offense continues to lay turds, and if we keep losing the field position game, with -3 or 4 turnovers, constantly, that’s not often a recipe for a win.

I’m confident Rhule and Co. will work hard to have them ready to go this week. I am hoping they have a couple two or three trick plays ready to go.

I got it, so when the team does well in any area or wins, it is because of his leadership / intangibles, but when there is a struggle, there’s only so much his leadership / intangibles can do. Talk about a narrative.

When the offense continues to lay turds, and if we keep losing the field position game, with -3 or 4 turnovers, constantly, that’s not often a recipe for a win.

I’m confident Rhule and Co. will work hard to have them ready to go this week. I am hoping they have a couple two or three trick plays ready to go.
one of HH's turnovers put sparty at their own 4 yard line

the field position game was lost yesterday by an inexplicable special teams game plan + an awful performance from our punter

the field position game was lost yesterday by an inexplicable special teams game plan + an awful performance from our punter
Yes, the turnover there, rather than getting 6 points, was a genius move by HH. Maybe if there was better leadership and intangibles from HH, the punter would have been better. You can’t give HH credit for the direction that balls bounce on punts in one game, but then not question him in games when the punting isn’t good. Sorry champ.

Reactions: scarletred

And two of his throw‘s cost us a TD and the other was bailed out by a penalty..

Reactions: dinglefritz
Yes, the turnover there, rather than getting 6 points, was a genius move by HH. Maybe if there was better leadership and intangibles from HH, the punter would have been better. You can’t give HH credit for the direction that balls bounce on punts in one game, but then not question him in games when the punting isn’t good. Sorry champ.
I have said many times Haarberg played like shit yesterday. not sure how I can be more clear about that.

it was glaring that we have no facet or individual capable of carrying the load when he doesn't have it.

defense gave up 230 yards on 15 completions & forced zero turnovers against the worst offense we've played all season. brutal.

on to maryland.

This is the dumbest post of the year.

This is the dumbest post of the year.
Who’s going to step up when we need them and HH is not throwing long TD passes or making long TD runs?

Not the special teams. Apparently not the defense. Definitely not the RBs or OL.

This is what I debate with myself. He has nothing basically, especially with the injuries. His skill positions have been decimated by injury, most QBs would struggle in the same situation. His OL is still trying to figure it out. I'm skeptical of the kid but he has guts.
He'd still be an erratic battler who his coaches have to scheme around in order to generate offense. Occasionally, he'd make a really strong throw. More often that that, he'd miss throws that cost you games.

So basically, he'd be who he is; its just the team would be better able to work around it.

This is what I debate with myself. He has nothing basically, especially with the injuries. His skill positions have been decimated by injury, most QBs would struggle in the same situation. His OL is still trying to figure it out. I'm skeptical of the kid but he has guts.
He still would miss those receivers badly, hold onto the ball too long, etc. He just isn't a good throwing QB and that doesn't change just because the personnel around him improves. His sidearm delivery is still easily batted down and it's questionable whether he can change it. His strengths are his physical running and his desire to lead the team. But we are at a point where the limitations are going to be too much to overcome with two of the best defenses we will face still remaining.

I don't think he's capable of any of that.
Aww jnebby2 at it again - inventing things that don’t exist

Who do you think will step up and win us a game if not HH?

Lots of people avoiding this very simple question

Aww jnebby2 at it again - inventing things that don’t exist

Who do you think will step up and win us a game if not HH?

Lots of people avoiding this very simple question
The defense. That is what has won most of the games Neb has won. Nobody on offense.

His completion percentage was 42%. I realize you like the kid and I do as well, but that’s not gonna do it. It sure looks like there are open players.

Again, maybe he’s the best we have, but we won’t win much with a 42% completion. What was his qb rating?
Wishbone and I formation option quarterbacks completed over 42% of passes

I have said many times Haarberg played like shit yesterday. not sure how I can be more clear about that.

it was glaring that we have no facet or individual capable of carrying the load when he doesn't have it.

defense gave up 230 yards on 15 completions & forced zero turnovers against the worst offense we've played all season. brutal.

on to maryland.
Non-responsive gobbledygook and “on to Maryland” because you don’t want to deal with the silliness of some of your earlier posts. Whatever. It’s a nice day out, hope you can enjoy it instead of spending the entirety of your day on here for who knows what or why. We all want HH to do well, rest easy knowing that much.

That offense is better than the record shows. MSU's biggest weakness is actually on the other side of the ball on defense. And pass defense at that. If we could have been even mediocre throwing the ball we win.

And no, the defense was as usual very good.

Reactions: scarletred
The defense. That is what has won most of the games Neb has won. Nobody on offense.
Defense has scored zero times this year and forced zero turnovers yesterday

Nobody on that side made a play yesterday when we needed one

Who’s going to step up when we need them and HH is not throwing long TD passes or making long TD runs?

Not the special teams. Apparently not the defense. Definitely not the RBs or OL.

The Defense gave up 11 first downs, held MSU to 3-14 on 3rd down, and gave up less than 300 yards and you say they played like shit? 👍

Defense has scored zero times this year and forced zero turnovers yesterday

Nobody on that side made a play yesterday when we needed one
Ok. I’d take HH over the Neb D if asked who/what side of the ball would make the biggest impact on the game. Anyone else?

The Defense gave up 11 first downs, held MSU to 3-14 on 3rd down, and gave up less than 300 yards and you say they played like shit? 👍
15 yards/completion

No turnovers

Certainly not their best effort

We need playmakers everywhere

15 yards/completion

No turnovers

Certainly not their best effort

We need playmakers everywhere
I’ll take our D (as is now) and add a difference maker at QB for at least 8 wins Alex.

With that combination (at minimum) we beat Minnesota and Mich State and sit currently at 7-2

I’ll take our D (as is now) and add a difference maker at QB for at least 8 wins Alex.
Why didn’t Rhule think of that?

Lol everyone is reduced to kindergarten logic when asked for actual solutions

Typical

Why didn’t Rhule think of that?

Lol everyone is reduced to kindergarten logic when asked for actual solutions

Typical
What you bringing over to the Haarberg’s tonight for Sunday dinner Kong? Christ - stop banging the drum for a very average (at best) Qb. Just stop.

What you bringing over to the Haarberg’s tonight for Sunday dinner Kong? Christ - stop banging the drum for a very average (at best) Qb. Just stop.
I'd beat the crowd pleasing "we need better players" no shit drum but everyone else here is already using it

keep up the great work, Rick! thought provoking and insightful as always

I'd beat the crowd pleasing "we need better players" no shit drum but everyone else here is already using it

keep up the great work, Rick! thought provoking and insightful as always
Ha. Ok. The countless HH threads you’ve started. Have to sift through every week. No big deal. It’s all good.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT