ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia Southern opens up 21 dog next Saturday

I'd like to see more of the same next week, need drives thats all passing and all runs...so we have repetitive live game time practice..I liked how the rb looked for green grass and not just run into piles...
I understand the north/south consept..but when there 10 guys stacked up..choose the green grass to cut too...then proceed with the north south...(the concept of field vision)

also..the receivers need to fear God, not the db's...catch the ball..(I like trey palmers attitude as being the greatest ever....or trying to be..this need to spread across the team like wildfire, (especially the oline and linebackers)

when tackling look at the waist, tackle the waist, don't attempt to arm tackle or strip the ball, unless your the 3rd guy there...also...I'd like to see some balls returned on kickoff's for more yards...it time to take the next step...1 catch the ball (most important) then 2 run......(also vital)

finnaly, get personally involved in the game before half time.....block out the tunnel walk, we went 3-9 last year, not back to back NC's....so focus on the game and not alan parsons and spinning strobe lights. really they should change the tune to i robot...where players are just robots in a winning machine...each performing their task with precision...

there's plenty time for individualism dancing after the game..

Last edited:
I hope we see QB#2 for a couple or more series. I think it's just a matter of time before CT gets knocked out of a game.
That was the other disappointing result of the game - squandered an opportunity to accelerate the development of 2nd-3rd team players as well as spare players like reimers from needing to play all 4 quarters to avoid some wear and tear

I hope we see QB#2 for a couple or more series. I think it's just a matter of time before CT gets knocked out of a game.
I've been thinking the very same thing ever since the first game. Thompson does NOT seem all that durable to me. And even if he isn't knocked out, a few hits can/will adversely affect his performance from then forward. Our OL is bound to let that happen at least a few times every game and I'm sure the opposing defensive coordinators are spotting the same thing. You know an aggressive defensive attack will be part of Venables plan.

Reactions: BleedRed78
go ahead and put a small amount on every game against the huskers. If you lose and the huskers cover, big deal your happy. If we win and we don't cover....your happy and you have cash. Huskers lose....probably not very happy but still have cash.

I fear the worst. Seems to me, I did not watch any of the last game, that this team is not prepped well before the games and GSU has more talented players than ND. If GSU gets up by more than 2 scores in the first half, it could get ugly. No faith in the HC.

Reactions: Dylman
Not criticizing here, but why would you lay money at -20.5 (or any number) for a game that's 7 days away?
Last week line opened at 22.5 by kickoff the line was -28.5…Just an example..

If you ever bet games with a bookie they never handed out their spreads till about Wednesday Or Thursday..

Last week line opened at 22.5 by kickoff the line was -28.5…Just an example..

If you ever bet games with a bookie they never handed out their spreads till about Wednesday Or Thursday..
Made one bet with a bookie in 1983 and none since.

I guess I'm just an old horseplayer where odds don't mean anything until 1-2 minutes before post.

because I think by kickoff the line will be closer to 25 ish, wanted to get in now, put down $75
Not criticizing, just curious.

Over time, have you increased or decreased your base wager on football games?

Chart how much you win or lose? More loyalty to the team, gives you a stronger rooting interest?

Do you check the stats on which teams cover at a high rate, and those that fail to cover?

So NU has failed to cover both games so far?

If $ 75.00 is a chunk of dough, how small do you sometimes wager?

Reactions: Spectrumalaska
Not criticizing, just curious.

Over time, have you increased or decreased your base wager on football games?

Chart how much you win or lose? More loyalty to the team, gives you a stronger rooting interest?

Do you check the stats on which teams cover at a high rate, and those that fail to cover?

So NU has failed to cover both games so far?

If $ 75.00 is a chunk of dough, how small do you sometimes wager?
for most of these "no" its more of a hobby for me while NU has failed to cover usually these things even out over time so I think we are over due for a cover

for most of these "no" its more of a hobby for me while NU has failed to cover usually these things even out over time so I think we are over due for a cover
In the last 4+ years, NU opened losing 6 in a row, and just ended a streak of losing 7 in a row.

NU has never won more than 2 in a row under Frost. Things don't even out.

Since it's a hobby, it looks like it adds some entertainment value for you mavsker. Kudos.

I have a hard enough time watching NU lose, to lose money and watch them lose would not be my cup of tea.

Reactions: mavsker
We’ll be wearing the throwback uniforms. That should be worth a few points, lol.

Last tune up game before the rivalry with Oklahoma…

baby-run-omg.gif

We’ll be wearing the throwback uniforms. That should be worth a few points, lol.
I would think Ga Southern would be encouraged they can play with NU after ND gave the 'skers such a run.

Since NU played pretty well in the 2nd half Saturday, can they put a good first half together?

I placed a legal, gov’t sanctioned wager on NU -21.

It’s a free bet from Draft Kings, so it’s house money, but I actually feel like NU will could stretch this one out.

I doubt I feel this optimistic the rest of the season.

Reactions: king_kong_
I would think Ga Southern would be encouraged they can play with NU after ND gave the 'skers such a run.

Since NU played pretty well in the 2nd half Saturday, can they put a good first half together?
Can't remember the last game where we played 2 solid halves of football.

Reactions: itseasyas1-2-3
Can't remember the last game where we played 2 solid halves of football.
4+ years into the Frost regime and we can't think of 2 consecutive halves of football. Brutal.

I bet we can all name, more than once, 2 consecutive halves of lousy football.

Reactions: ssmill777
of course
Over the last year, plus the beginning of 2022, these are the top ATS teams:
Baylor 11-4, Nevada 12-4, N. Dame 11-4, UAB 11-3-1, Old Dominion 11-4, UCLA 10-4.

Collectively they are 66-24 for 73% overall covering the spread.

And that's without even looking if any of these 6 teams are very strong at home, very strong as FAVS, or very strong as Underdogs.

And which of the non-covering ATS type wagers would be their strongest and weakest categories.

I don't play football, but if I did, I'd play a little 6 team parlay for shits and giggles once I cut through those other factors.

Of course, not offering any wagering advise, just looking at things from a different perspective. That perspective is looking for presumed advantages.

Reactions: king_kong_
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT