ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread

Our bunch of Johnny Try Hards should be good enough to beat NW and GS. But there is a serious talent gap on this field right now. We're talented enough to win more games, just not THIS game.
We seem to have a few Johnny Try Hards who don’t really try all that hard.

Reactions: Swiv3D
I never thought it could be worse than 2007 and 2017 but this program keeps surprising me at shockingly bad they have become. Holy shit

Trev said he would love for MJ to grow into the HC. MJ has been set up to fail with the D and OL. He may be able to get 5 wins and take us to a bowl game.....maybe....that is a good goal.

Likewise, CT is set up to fail with the OL. Put in another QB and the OL is still the same.

I love MJ...great energy. But he can't fix this....this year. And I don't know if Trev will take a chance on MJ unless they win 7 or 8 of the next games.

Our bunch of Johnny Try Hards should be good enough to beat NW and GS. But there is a serious talent gap on this field right now. We're talented enough to win more games, just not THIS game.

Defensively, we don't have the talent to beat NW or GS. NW proved it by running it 16 straight times in the 4th Q and easily dominating our front 7. GS proved by going 4 quarters up and down the field and racking up huge yards with much more athletic players.

Players are not d1 guys. Bad recruiting and identifying talent.
we absolutely had a bunch of Florida guys on defense recruited that first year, that all ended up transferring out, and the recruiting the last 2+ years has been horrible. Frosts' priority was recruiting like 7 injured running backs and went after tall linemen with no physicality or athletic ability. So sneaky he was in his approach.. :rolleyes:

Talent gap and OU being leaps and bounds better aside......zero holding calls on them. There was a play where the left tackle wrapped up our end, left him, then wrapped up the LB aaaaand....no call

Obviously lots of awfulness to dissect, but the play that set the tone for me was Gabriel’s long TD run. The lack of effort from at least 4 players stood out.
I can’t overstate how unacceptable that was. Guys gave up easy on that one…. and then it just continued on from there.

35 unanswered points, just where we want them
cover5.jpg

At least we have hope with a new staff next year. It will be nice to have a staff that doesn’t spend time partying then blaming everyone but them for the loss.

Reactions: WHCSC and RaulJones
I didn't go back and look again, but did anyone else think on Robinson's sack he was just standing there, basically gave up on the play and Gabriel ran right into his arms? Like he actually looked surprised? I'll have to go back and watch it again.

no, replace linemen with tight ends.. on the line.

those guys would be athletic.. not fat asses who can't block
Overpowered guys can't block. Rather put a backup lineman or two at TE ... starting in spring ball.

In the prediction thread I said we would lose 56-10. I am thinking that OU may score more than 56 at this point unless they show us some mercy in the 4th quarter. Yikes we are bad.
Went with 56-24 myself was thinking two garbage touchdowns for us at the end. Frankly by the way they quit they don't deserve mercy today.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT