ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball Live Thread Game 39 FINAL: Minnesota 9, Nebraska 7

GeoffExstrom

All-American
Gold Member
Jul 4, 2022
Having some sickness going through my circle, so I'm covering tonight's series opener from my humble abode as Nebraska (22-15-1, 7-5) hosts Minnesota (11-28, 4-8) for a three-game series as the Huskers get back into B1G play. It's been a roller coaster of a week so far for the Huskers who slayed the in-state demon by upending Omaha 6-3 Tuesday night at Tal Anderson Field to pick up their first win over an in-state opponent this season. Here's the recap from that one:

But any of that momentum that was gained on Tuesday was halted on Wednesday as Nebraska laid an egg with an 8-3 loss to South Dakota State. By RPI, it was the worst loss of the season for the Huskers as true freshman starter Will Kent came into Haymarket Park and silenced a Husker offense for 5.2 shutout innings. It was also the first win for the Jackrabbits over Nebraska since 1971. Here's that recap:

Here's the full series preview for this weekend as the Gophers come into town. Minnesota owns the worst offense in the conference, but comes into Lincoln against a Husker rotation that has some question marks. Tonight, it's LHP Emmett Olson (5-2, 4.02 ERA) vs. LHP Tucker Novotny (1-5, 4.91 ERA). But the rotation gets thin behind that for NU as Jace Kaminska isn't labeled as the second starter after getting hammered in his last three starts. Expect to see Jackson Brockett and Will Walsh to start one of even both games depending how each game goes and what Kaminska's availability is.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News