ADVERTISEMENT

For the long rifle enthusiasts, my Accuracy International

vs540husker

Offensive Coordinator
Oct 3, 2004
I have been wanting an Accuracy International for over 10 years now. That time has finally come and I am now the owner of a AI AT chambered in 308.
I got the scope mounted last night so I still have to zero it. But if it's anything like all the AI's, it'll be like shooting a laser.

I replaced the factory 20MOA base with a low profile 20MOA base made by OTM. Mounted some Seekins rings with a Vortex Razor HD Gen 1 scope and EBR3 MRAD reticle. AAC Cyclone silencer and Armageddon Gear mirage cover. AI Harris bipod adapter with Harris HBRMS bipod.

I've owned some Remington 700's and a Tikka T3 and have played around with and shot friends high end rifles and the bolt and receiver on the AI dwarfs those and seems infinitely smoother.

AIAT_zpsm4jijnzt.jpg

Jealous! That thing can put down some Yotes' from distance!

Very nice. Do you do long range shooting? Why do you need the silencer?

Sweet rifle. But I believe if it's a real silencer it would require a class III permit. Possibly just a flash suppressor?
No idea. Never looked into it. The only advantage would be distance shots, and the game would have no idea where it is coming from. Then you really have to consider what fair chase means to you as a sportsman.

No idea. Never looked into it. The only advantage would be distance shots, and the game would have no idea where it is coming from. Then you really have to consider what fair chase means to you as a sportsman.

Well when you consider only one of you has a gun with a scope on it, "fair chase" isn't really in play here is it? I suspect if animals were as well armed as the hunters and they fired back, we'd have a lot less hunting enthusiasts. Now I don't have a problem with hunting, at all, used to do it myself, but it's never been a case of fair chase to me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT