ADVERTISEMENT

Favorite Husker Player - Current and All Time?

Hail Varsity

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jul 17, 2001
There's so much angst on RSS these days that it's hard to think about Nebraska football in a constructive way. That's why I was caught off guard when my daughter asked me a fairly simple question: "Dad, who's your favorite Nebraska player?"

With losses piling up, coaching changes, divisions in the fan base, etc., it had been a long time since I thought about something so uncomplicated as it relates to Husker football.

Growing up my favorite players were Joe Orduna, Rich Glover and Johnny Rodgers. Later, I was partial to Rick Berns, Bobby Thomas, Turner Gill, Mike Brown, Johnny Mitchell, DuJuan Groce, Nate Swift, Roy Helu and Jordan Westerkamp. Not much rhyme or reason to these guys, I just liked them.

Right now, I've got to go with JoJo Domann. I love how this guy plays and he can do it all -- cover, pass rush, tackle in space -- and he does it with great quickness and energy. I sure hope he has a future playing on Sundays if they can find the right system for him to do what he does at Nebraska.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News