ADVERTISEMENT

Enough with the stupid predictions and pathetic stories

rgrachek

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2004
It's T minus 10 hours before this torpedo we've been riding on for years takes us for another spin.

We've read SI stories of the "nightmare scenario" for Alberts if we go 5-7.

We've read that we'll start 3-0, then Alberts will fire Frost when we lose 3 of the next 4.

We've heard "stories" from people supposedly knowing someone on the "inside" who think we have the worst OL in 50 years.

We've heard how confident Frost is in this year's team.

Bla, Bla, Bla.............................................................

Truth is, no one outside of the program, and probably few inside the program, knows how we're going to do. All we have is the pessimism of what has happened the past 7 years, kind of balanced by how close we were against good teams last year and all of the changes made/new players coming in. One of the most amusing things is how we keep talking about how we have 33 or so new players, as if that's really unusual for a freaking college football team with a 25 scholarship limit.

We all know that with another losing season, Frost and crew is gone. If we have a winning season and make a bowl, then he stays. At this point it's really that simple.

All I know is, that it's 2:30 AM in Atlanta, and I'm so excited to see how we'll do that I'm up at 2:30 AM writing about it. I guess that's kind of the definition of a fan, something I have been for most of my 62 years.

By 4:00 PM tomorrow, I don't know if I'll be sad, mad, indifferent, cautiously optimistic, or thrilled. What I do know though is that in any event, I'll still be a fan, something that can't leave me after years of Johnny Rodgers, Mike Rozier, Tommy Frazier, Ndamaukong Suh, Eric Crouch, and many many others. Years of winning, years of ups and downs, and years of a lot of fun.

GBR!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News