ADVERTISEMENT

Educated and yet Uneducated 2023 Big Ten predictions

Cornicator

Nebraska Legend
Gold Member
Feb 27, 2009
Meadville
West:

1. Illinois - Best defense and easiest schedule. Lovie Smith never got to play schedules like this one.
2. Wisconsin- New system won't be under a lot of pressure because schedule is pud. Nobody can tell me that Alvarez didn't sit in those scheduling meetings a few years ago and have some input on Wisconsin schedules. Its too easy.
3. Nebraska- Huskers get a major break playing at Minnesota when they have their most inexperienced team in 5 seasons. Home schedule is very manageable. Win at Minnesota and Colorado and 8 wins is definitely plausible.
4. Iowa - Hawks might have 3 losses before October.
5. Minnesota- 1st difficult schedule for Fleck since he's been in Minneapolis. Even if they beat Nebraska, making a bowl game will be tough.
6. Purdue - I am absolutely serious when I suggest Purdue will be 1-6 when they come into Lincoln in October. That schedule is brutal, and considering all the experience they lost, I think Brohm absolutely left at the right time.
7. Northwestern- The Cats were awful last season and yet they absolutely could have 2 first round draft picks. In fact, they will have 3 players get drafted. They are losing 3 draft picks from a 1-11 team and will be returning the fewest combined starts on their offensive line. Yikes.

East:

1. Michigan- Wolverines return the most production on both sides of the ball in the Big Ten. And they get Ohio State at home. It's quite possible that they only play one ranked team on the road. Their game at Nebraska will be their first road game of the season, despite it being the 5th game of the season.

2. Ohio State- Buckeyes should roll thru the league but suddenly look overmatched by Harbaugh.
3. Michigan State- I believe Tucker will be one of those coaches who ebbs and flows based on experience. Their defense should be much better and an offensive line that was mainly new in 2022 suddenly looks old.
4. Penn State- I think we learn about Franklin's ability to coach in 2023. They recruit very well, so they should be in a good shape. But they are losing more talent and experience than any team in the East. That schedule isn't easy either.
5. Maryland - The Terps should be competitive, but they lost 13 starters, including 4 offensive linemen. Their also sending 5 dudes to the NFL draft this month. I really think Maryland's trip to Lincoln will mean the difference between a bowl game or staying home in the post season. I don't think they get to 6 wins without a win in Lincoln.
6. Rutgers - if they had any option at QB, I could see them getting to 6 wins. But they are basically a less talented Iowa offense.
7. Indiana - This will be Tom Allen's last season with the Hoosiers.

Big Ten Offensive player of the Year- JJ McArthy - Michigan

Big Ten Defensive player of the year- Gabe Jacas - Illinois

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News