ADVERTISEMENT

Duke, Creighton

Geezus what a buck of ****ing crybabies.

Have they ever committed a foul?

I swear they go find the most face punchabe team on earth. The problem is the refs play right into thier stick.

**** em both
As much as I agree, Iowa has by far the most punchable-faced team, followed by Wisconsin.

Reactions: MargotDeeper
Geezus what a buck of ****ing crybabies.

Have they ever committed a foul?

I swear they go find the most face punchabe team on earth. The problem is the refs play right into thier stick.

**** em both
Careful. The jayskers will come after you

Take away the comma and you got yourself a nice hard-boiled PI name, Duke Creighton:

In the seedy underbelly of Noiryorktownville City, Duke Creighton hung his shingle as the go-to private investigator for cases that smelled fishier than a tuna cannery. It was a dark and stormy afternoon when she sashayed into his office, a dame with curves more dangerous than a mountain road and a sob story longer than a CVS receipt.

"I need your help, Duke," she cooed, batting her lashes like a butterfly with hay fever. "Someone swiped my prize-winning poodle, Fifi LaRue!"
Duke figured it was a dog-gone shame, so he took the case. But the deeper he dug, the more he realized this wasn't your run-of-the-mill puppy-napping. Oh no, this was the work of the notorious criminal mastermind, The Pupinator!

Duke hit the pavement, sleuthing his way through a maze of suspects with names like "Mugs" and "Lefty" and "Suspicious Pete." Every clue pointed Duke further down the rabbit hole of deception and doggy treats, and soon he found himself up to his fedora in trouble...

On the Duke site (I'm an alum), we have been discussing foul calls, or lack thereof, against teams playing Duke this year. Since last year's tourney loss to TN, the opposing team game plan against Duke is to play extremely physical because Duke supposedly is soft. It's been happening all season and some teams have just mugged us. The difference this year is that we mug back.

With that in mind, here's some data:

Total team fouls called on Houston vs A&M: 28 in 45 minutes: 0.6222 fouls per minute
Total team fouls called on Houston vs Duke: 12 in 40 minutes: 0.3 fouls per minute

And in the ACC Tourney:

Total team fouls called on NC State vs UNC (3/2): 21
Total team fouls called on NC State vs Duke (3/4): 7

Reactions: dinglefritz
On the Duke site (I'm an alum), we have been discussing foul calls, or lack thereof, against teams playing Duke this year. Since last year's tourney loss to TN, the opposing team game plan against Duke is to play extremely physical because Duke supposedly is soft. It's been happening all season and some teams have just mugged us. The difference this year is that we mug back.

With that in mind, here's some data:

Total team fouls called on Houston vs A&M: 28 in 45 minutes: 0.6222 fouls per minute
Total team fouls called on Houston vs Duke: 12 in 40 minutes: 0.3 fouls per minute

And in the ACC Tourney:

Total team fouls called on NC State vs UNC (3/2): 21
Total team fouls called on NC State vs Duke (3/4): 7
The tourney games have been almost unwatchable for me. They need to clean it up to where brute power doesn’t over shadow the skills. And for God’s sake start enforcing traveling rules.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT