ADVERTISEMENT

Distance each team will travel during the 2023 season….

Sounds like fun. Can you imagine all of those non-revenue sports teams doing all of that traveling? How about Southern Cal's women's golf team traveling to Rutgers for an early spring golf match?

Sounds like fun. Can you imagine all of those non-revenue sports teams doing all of that traveling? How about Southern Cal's women's golf team traveling to Rutgers for an early spring golf match?
I may be wrong but I don’t think conference championships in golf are decided by weekly match play. USC and UCLA can stay out west for invitationals and then just show up for the big ten championships.

I know this is how it works for sports like track and field and swimming. Conf champions are solely determined by a 3-4 day meet. What teams do leading up to that doesn’t matter

I may be wrong but I don’t think conference championships in golf are decided by weekly match play. USC and UCLA can stay out west for invitationals and then just show up for the big ten championships.

I know this is how it works for sports like track and field and swimming. Conf champions are solely determined by a 3-4 day meet. What teams do leading up to that doesn’t matter
Interesting. That makes sense. I would extend that just about every sport. The travel costs are going to be stupid.

It’s almost like the teams furthest from the geographical median of the conference will travel the furthest. Huh.

Interesting. That makes sense. I would extend that just about every sport. The travel costs are going to be stupid.
They do in sports besides football, basketball. Volleyball baseball and softball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT