ADVERTISEMENT

Did Manning do it?

litespeedhuskerfan

Nebraska Legend
Aug 27, 2006
I am well aware of all the holes in the guys story who made the claim he is now retracting, but part of me can't help but think Manning did something. Also, I don't care. If Manning did it, I don't care. I don't care because I am not even sure HGH was illegal in the NFL in 2011? Can somebody chime in on that? Seems to me they didn't even test for it until this last year???? At any rate, because of the surgeries and the violent nature of the sport as a whole, if he took HGH to get healthy, I won't hold it against him.

Reactions: Corn_King
I could see him, or anyone for that matter, doing it when injured like that. I don't believe he did though.

Funny story though as I read it on ESPNs bottom line that the pharmacist purposely lied and name-dropped just to see if the reporter was trustworthy/test his knowledge.

Now it was supposedly shipped to Mannings wife, so who knows what happened and why a woman would want anti-aging meds.

They ALLL do it. The testing,particularly in the NFL, NBA, and MLB, is a joke. You would have to be an idiot to get popped. So many ways to beat the testing

The benefits of using are immense, there are millions of dollars at stake and it is extremely difficult to get caught.

They should be breaking stories with big headlines if they uncover proof that a player isn't using

Reactions: TheNewNU
HGH wasn't tested for in the NFL until 2014, even at that is an unreliable test.

Al Jazeera broke the NEWS those SOBs spent years helping our enemies and glorying in dead Americans Why they have a cable presence is beyond me. I would believe every word they uttered is pure BS.

Actually, they are a pretty damn good news channel. Every single news network gets something wrong from time to time, it's the nature of the beast, but ALJ is solid.

Reactions: Gucci_mAYne420
HGH wasn't tested for in the NFL until 2014, even at that is an unreliable test.

That's what I thought. I also don't think any team in the NFL could field an entire roster if they kept everyone who has ever done PED's or HGH to be more specific, out of the line-up for the next game.

Back to the question - yes Manning did it. He is a competitive personality and would do anything to stay on the field. The story seems to have no legs in terms of proof - but Manning did it.

They were the mouth piece propaganda outlet of every radical group we were fighting. We should have put a Cruise missile in the control room .Broadcasting pics of dead Americans for the amusement of the Hodgies is a little more then Time to time.
Congrats, you slapped a padlock on this one. Anything else you wanna work in there before a thread about football gets locked because you'd rather toss around racial slurs? Wanna just quote that whole scene from Three Kings where they discuss which racist terms they can all agree to using? I mean get em all out.

It's such a joke to see that pinned topic about the monitoring system every time you log on here. Clear to see that's working really well. Really got it cleaned up around here, you can only drop epithets for 7 pages before it gets locked. Then you gotta find a new thread to do it in.

Al Jazeera broke the NEWS those SOBs spent years helping our enemies and glorying in dead Americans Why they have a cable presence is beyond me. I would believe every word they uttered is pure BS.
And Algore the guy who invented the internet and global warming or climate change or whatever they call it these days made millions selling his TV channel that nobody watched to Al Jizzeera.

Of course, no one on this board knows one way or the other, but I will land on the side of thinking he didn't. Some people build up credibility throughout their lives by doing things the right way and acting in a responsible manner, and Peyton Manning is one of those guys. I don't think it was worth tarnishing his legacy to do such a thing. And frankly, if he WAS going to do it, I can guarantee you he'd have been much more careful than to have the HGH shipped to his wife's place.

Congrats, you slapped a padlock on this one. Anything else you wanna work in there before a thread about football gets locked because you'd rather toss around racial slurs? Wanna just quote that whole scene from Three Kings where they discuss which racist terms they can all agree to using? I mean get em all out.

It's such a joke to see that pinned topic about the monitoring system every time you log on here. Clear to see that's working really well. Really got it cleaned up around here, you can only drop epithets for 7 pages before it gets locked. Then you gotta find a new thread to do it in.
Nice rant misdirected but nice

Somebody sounds like they need a hug this morning.

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
Nice rant misdirected but nice
No, I was actually responding to something that happened in this thread. Unlike you steering CLEAR out of your way to see if you could work in a little casual racism. In case it's unclear, the whole thing is directed straight at you, because it's annoying as shit when we're trying to have a sports conversation, and you have to pull out your douche hose and spray your douchey, ignorant, nothing-to-do-with-sports opinions all over it.

This is an NFL issue, not a Manning one and it's a shame that some illegitimate reporter can use uncollaborated information to take down someone.

HGH is also legal in the United States, so why does the NFL think they need to ban it?

So when someone comes out and accuses someone else of something then it is a done deal? He did it, yea he is dirty. Everyone does it, yea he is guilty. Wow, that is just how America is supposed to work, NOT. I guess it is just like every time a kid signs with an SEC team, there is money involved, it can't be because he actually wants to go to school there. The team is dirty. I hope none of you ever get accused of something that you didn't do only to have this fine court of public opinion condemn you without a shred of solid evidence. I am not even a huge Manning fan, like to watch him play and some of his commercials, about it, but I also don't like seeing guys jerked around. I can't believe anyone thinks ALJ is reliable in the news department in any manner at all.

I just saw a deal today that ranked the top ten least reliable people and you will never guess who was number one? Hint, she is running for president. That is all factually based but yet she is held in high esteem by some in the media and others. I don't get all of this status stuff and accusations that are based on hardly anything.

Last edited:
Reactions: sparky62
So when someone comes out and accuses someone else of something then it is a done deal? He did it, yea he is dirty. Everyone does it, yea he is guilty. Wow, that is just how America is supposed to work, NOT. I guess it is just like every time a kid signs with an SEC team, there is money involved, it can't be because he actually wants to go to school there. The team is dirty. I hope none of you ever get accused of something that you didn't do only to have this fine court of public opinion condemn you without a shred of solid evidence. I am not even a huge Manning fan, like to watch him play and some of his commercials, about it, but I also don't like seeing guys jerked around. I can't believe anyone thinks ALJ is reliable in the news department in any manner at all.

I just say a deal today that ranked the top ten least reliable people and you will never guess who was number one? Hint, she is running for president. That is all factually based but yet she is held in high esteem by some in the media and others. I don't get all of this status stuff and accusations that are based on hardly anything.

Eerily similar to all the Lance fans who screamed and yelled for years that he was clean. As someone stated above this isn't about Manning ... This is about the NFL where there are millions upon millions of dollars at stake and if you want to succeed you better be on the same program as everyone else or you are going to get buried.

Same as with Lance. It wasn't about lance ... It was about cycling. To think a guy could win 7 tours, dominating a doped up field, while riding clean is beyond ignorant yet the majority of Americans were screaming his praises for nearly a decade.

As stated above, I'd be more surprised if a given player wasn't using any kind of PEDs. Just about never do these guys come right out and say, "Ok, ya got me! It was a good run!" when they get caught.

The NFL policy seems to do just enough to say they're trying to ban PEDs without actually preventing players from using them. I say go one way or the other. Either get so serious with the testing that you absolutely can't get away with it, or just let them use whatever the hell they want. Give them a scarface-sized tray of coke on the sidelines and watch LBs out there coked out of their minds playing on a broken leg and smashing their face into FBs like they're gonna live forever until they have a heart attack and collapse on the field.

Corn Whiskey Manning on roids LOL ... they sure the hell didn't work , guy couldn't throw a football over 5 yds and it didn't make him any faster , guy is as slow as a post. Corn Whiskey just needs to go away ... he probably planted the story to get attention , since he got beat out by some 6'8 bean pole.

Corn Whiskey Manning on roids LOL ... they sure the hell didn't work , guy couldn't throw a football over 5 yds and it didn't make him any faster , guy is as slow as a post. Corn Whiskey just needs to go away ... he probably planted the story to get attention , since he got beat out by some 6'8 bean pole.

Dude, that was completely unecessary and stupid.

Reactions: sparky62
Actually, they are a pretty damn good news channel. Every single news network gets something wrong from time to time, it's the nature of the beast, but ALJ is solid.

Now about that 'small' issue of being associated with the Muslim Brotherhood, which was essentially the precursor to Hamas. Oh, and having anti-Semitic and anti-American leanings seems to be a bit of sticking point with some folks. But yeah, other than aligning themselves with some of our enemies, I'm sure they are a great organization.

I watch ALJ on Direct TV, which I believe is their "Americanized" version of that network and find it to be very interesting. Often times they cover stories you never see on CNN or Fox, and don't find them to be anti-American at all. I am also not that familiar with their beginnings, but could understand why some may not care for them. While I'm as conservative as they come, I find myself watching more CNN and ALJ than Fox to be honest, I like to see the other perspective, though having said that I watch less news than ever now. Doing so just pisses me off to much anymore.

Looks like Mr. Sly was actually at the clinic in 2011, per a recorded conversation that was just taped and released that I just listened to. While I don't personally care of Manning did it, I think a lot of people will and IMO this looks like it's going to get very interesting for Mr. Manning.

Now about that 'small' issue of being associated with the Muslim Brotherhood, which was essentially the precursor to Hamas. Oh, and having anti-Semitic and anti-American leanings seems to be a bit of sticking point with some folks. But yeah, other than aligning themselves with some of our enemies, I'm sure they are a great organization.
It is nice some of us old enough to remember do get it . Some of us old vets have long memories and no forgiveness ( ask Hanoi Jane) back to Manning the president would be proud to have him as a son!

Around 12-13 years ago, back when steroids in baseball was just becoming a hot topic, I was on a hunting trip with a major league pitcher. We asked him about steroids and he kind of laughed it off and said almost nobody was doing steroids anymore, it was all HGH. Better than steroids and no way to detect it. I would not be surprised if HGH has been replaced with other 'therapies' by now. Manning may be telling the truth about not taking HGH, but you don't visit that type of clinic for conventional medical treatment.

Maybe he did maybe he didn't the bigger issue is why is an ISIS propaganda network interested? The POS who reported the story needs to STFU.

Whether some of you like it or not, ALJ American version is a news channel that lots of people watch, and not everyone has a towel wrapped around their head doing it. IDK why ALJ would report on this story, but if it's true I also don't give a crap who reported it, true is true, and they beat CNN or Fox or ESPN to a huge story, if it's all true. Also, that POS that reported the story has committed career suicide, he will never get a job that amounts to more than stocking shelves at Wallmart on the night shift, he'll get what's his all right and I'm fine with that as well....guy is a douchebag and he'll regret his part in this until the day he dies...but how much you want to bet Manning never sues anyone over this? Why, because it's probably true, all these stories end up being true. If Peyton was my son, I'd have advised him to take HGH as well at that point in his career. 4 neck surgeries later, if he still wanted to play football, I'd say go for it, but own up to it if it ever comes out and play on the fact it was the only way you could ever play pro ball again, and not playing pro ball would be a bigger disappointment than getting caught taking something that wasn't even illegal in 2011.

Consider the source!!! (Cant believe this story got ANY traction.)

I believe he did. 27 hours of audio laying out how they fool the system, is a lot. Hiring a D.C. PR guy looks bad no matter what.

It will probably never get proven one way or another. If he really feels defamed, he should file suit. But then of course he, might have to provide his and his wife's medical records and prescription history. Money says that never happens.

More importantly, as a Chiefs fan, I get to troll my thin skinned friends to the west for at least a couple more years!!!

10623433_1700152696936117_5750541244079649960_o.jpg

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
More unbridled propaganda in an attempt to bring down the American way or trash another favored sports icon. ALJ uses subtle ways to attack our way life and too many fall for their garbage.

More unbridled propaganda in an attempt to bring down the American way or trash another favored sports icon. ALJ uses subtle ways to attack our way life and too many fall for their garbage.

CNN, Fox, MSNBC, ESPN, etc....all talk about stuff that doesn't exactly paint a rosy picture in our country sometimes, so are you throwing all of them under the bus? Or just the camel jockey news channel? Take a look at the front page of ALJ web-site, and point me to a story that backs up your claim please...I see a ton of interesting stories, including a few painting ISIS in a bad light and talking about their loss of Ramadi....but nothing that supports your claim.

http://america.aljazeera.com/?utm_source=aje&utm_medium=redirect

Reactions: chicolby
CNN, Fox, MSNBC, ESPN, etc....all talk about stuff that doesn't exactly paint a rosy picture in our country sometimes, so are you throwing all of them under the bus? Or just the camel jockey news channel? Take a look at the front page of ALJ web-site, and point me to a story that backs up your claim please...I see a ton of interesting stories, including a few painting ISIS in a bad light and talking about their loss of Ramadi....but nothing that supports your claim.

http://america.aljazeera.com/?utm_source=aje&utm_medium=redirect
Proof there's no such thing as a suspension/ban any more.

I don't trust the mohamidans at al jazzerah.
but I don't like denver either.
maybe after the Huskers whipsawed tenn, manning thought he needed riods, and ALOT of them?
idk

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT