ADVERTISEMENT

Deandre Johnson dismissed from FSU

Go read their board, amazing the amount of people who are taking the "She swung first" stance. Just amazing.

He shouldn't have swung back, but that woman had her right fist made, then swung at him with her left.. It's pretty obvious who was starting the confrontation and she probably had it coming is the way I look at it.

Go read their board, amazing the amount of people who are taking the "She swung first" stance. Just amazing.
What I saw, in order: the 2 bump into each other, her and/or him get lippy, she raises her fist in the air, he grabs her and pushes her, she swings, he swings.

well first she tries to block him from getting to the bar, like she needs the area of 2 people, then she raises her right fist, he grabs her fist and pushes it down and pushing her, she swings, he swings

Here's what I think should happen as punishment, for whatever it's worth:

-He's charged and dismissed from the team
-She's also charged

Reactions: cubsker and HuskerO
At least Jimbo Fisher has learned from his mistakes he made with Jameis Winston and isn't going to stand for that again. You never hit a girl even if she's a bihh and hits you. You walk away.

Can you imagine what Fisher was thinking when he got the call of what his starting QB just did and after all the calls he got with Winston?

At least Jameis Winston never smacked a girl in the face. At least JW now states that he is humbled and humiliated by his old actions. A man who punches a girl can't be fixed. It's not like stealing crab legs or something dumb. You learn at an early age that is a no-no. Hope this kid never plays meaningful football again, POS.

Se is raising her hand because she's tired of being shoved by him. I also don't care if she swung first, she's a freaking girl. She wasn't the aggressor, he was shoving her from behind and she got sick of it. You people are only saying she's the aggressor because she made a fist first. Do you really think, with her back to him when all that stated and just trying to get a drink, that you can label her the aggressor? You think she just turned around and made fist for no reason? If that was your wife or daughter, you really taking that stand? Gross.

Se is raising her hand because she's tired of being shoved by him. I also don't care if she swung first, she's a freaking girl. She wasn't the aggressor, he was shoving her from behind and she got sick of it. You people are only saying she's the aggressor because she made a fist first. Do you really think, with her back to him when all that stated and just trying to get a drink, that you can label her the aggressor? You think she just turned around and made fist for no reason? If that was your wife or daughter, you really taking that stand? Gross.
Both were in the wrong from what I saw. Walk away. Both of you.

She was standing up for herself, and he hit a freaking girl.

Note to self, keep your wife and daughter away from St. Anger, he condones hitting girls......

From HuffPo (sorry):
"The woman felt that Johnson pushed past her aggressively and when she addressed him at the bar, she raised her arm in defense, only to have Johnson grab and push her. Court records say that she kneed his midsection in retaliation and attempted to punch him before Johnson struck the left side of her face."

Johnson also claims that she called him an "f'n n-bomb".

Now I remember why I always stuck to dive bars when I was in college - classier people.

So, this guy is an incoming freshman. Gets in a bar fight and punches a woman, which coincidentally is posted on the internet.

Good move Jimbo in giving him the boot.

She was standing up for herself, and he hit a freaking girl.

Note to self, keep your wife and daughter away from St. Anger, he condones hitting girls......

I don't know if she was actually standing up for herself or what. She pushed herself up to the bar right ahead of him and when he tried to squeeze by she threw her hip into him. Then when she raised a fist and he grabbed her arm to stop from getting hit she kicked at him and then punched him.

That adult woman who is fully responsible for her actions actually hit at him three times, once with her hip, once with her foot/leg, once with her fist, before he struck her.

Are women some protected class in your view?

You're not being truthful about the video. Not only did she try to block him from getting to the bar, when he makes it she throws her hip into him.

Shoving to me is an extension of a person's arms and pushing another person away, what is it to you?

Up until the point she turns around it doesn't look like he does anything more than would be considered incidental contact in a crowded place.

Are women some protected class in your view?

You're not being truthful about the video. Not only did she try to block him from getting to the bar, when he makes it she throws her hip into him.

Shoving to me is an extension of a person's arms and pushing another person away, what is it to you?

Up until the point she turns around it doesn't look like he does anything more than would be considered incidental contact in a crowded place.
Some people view certain groups as infallible. This is called ignorance.

Just saw the video and the woman is adult enough to be in a bar ordering drinks. She clearly could have handled herself better and what she said and why she acted that way certainly needs to be looked at. She could be charged for what she did before he did what he did.

That said, he was wrong to hit her, period. Walk away, tell her to knock it off, get the bartender's attention, get someone next to him to calm her down. He is 19, so if he was drinking he had another law that he broke. Both wrong and both handled it like a couple of drunks would, IMO.

WIthout video of this, would FSU have done anything? Would he have done anything close to the family attorney statement that was released? The answer is the same to both questions.

I can't believe some are acting like it's OK he hit her. That drunk chick posed no threat to him, he's a D1 athlete, she was just a nuisance.

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
I can't believe some are acting like it's OK he hit her. That drunk chick posed no threat to him, he's a D1 athlete, she was just a nuisance.

Guarantee they'd be anything but OK with it, if it was their daughter. Nothing in that video gave him the OK to do what he did.

I assume you're referring to comments elsewhere because I haven't seen that on this board.

Reactions: HuskerO

I agree. He made contact with her. Big football players should not bully women. I don't like people laying hands on me even if it's not throwing blows. That gets me mad pretty quick. She's trying to not let him shove his way in front of her. Oh, I'm the star quarterback! Clear a path for me I'm so special! He's an a-hole.

I don't know what video you are all watching. She did not throw a punch. A punch is what, well, he did to her jaw. What she did was a jab at best, and to the shoulder. She is nowhere nearly as culpable as he is. Saying she should be charged with anything is silly.

Let's put it another way: what she did was protest against his shoving. What he did was try to severely injure her.

If she called him the n word, she is pathetic but not criminal. What he did was brutal.

I don't know what video you are all watching. She did not throw a punch. A punch is what, well, he did to her jaw. What she did was a jab at best, and to the shoulder. She is nowhere nearly as culpable as he is. Saying she should be charged with anything is silly.

Let's put it another way: what she did was protest against his shoving. What he did was try to severely injure her.

If she called him the n word, she is pathetic but not criminal. What he did was brutal.
A jab isn't a punch. Gotcha.

You debating the difference of a jab vs a punch. Where are jabs not criminal?

When jabs are thrown by a girl who you could literally kill with your bare hands in 12 seconds who was trying to stand her ground from a guy who could kill her in 12 seconds with his bare hands, a jab is something that doesn't give you the right to do what he did. Not debatable, and anyone trying to justify it looks like a (word that would get me banned)...

When jabs are thrown by a girl who you could literally kill with your bare hands in 12 seconds who was trying to stand her ground from a guy who could kill her in 12 seconds with his bare hands, a jab is something that doesn't give you the right to do what he did. Not debatable, and anyone trying to justify it looks like a (word that would get me banned)...
Like the other poster said, you don't get to hit people. Doesn't matter who you are.

So again you think this adult WOMAN, not some girl, is a protected class, perhaps some princess?

So again you think this adult WOMAN, not some girl, is a protected class, perhaps some princess?
Probably not a princess but I would love to see this go to court and have them charge her with battery. And since she was the first "allegedbatterer," he was just acting in self defense. Johnson and the prosecutor would be laughed out of the building.

Reactions: artguy68
I agree. He made contact with her. Big football players should not bully women. I don't like people laying hands on me even if it's not throwing blows. That gets me mad pretty quick. She's trying to not let him shove his way in front of her. Oh, I'm the star quarterback! Clear a path for me I'm so special! He's an a-hole.
I guess I didn't see where he's shoving her. I didn't think he was being rude at all when coming up to the bar.

Wow, I didn't realize we had so many cavemen on this board. Gotcha. I'll bow out now, shouldn't have gotten this far in, in the first place.

Reactions: artguy68
Wow, I didn't realize we had so many cavemen on this board. Gotcha. I'll bow out now, shouldn't have gotten this far in, in the first place.

The others on the board are cavemen because they treat people with equality and don't elevate a certain class above others? Interesting... but flawed.

Reactions: St. Anger
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT