ADVERTISEMENT

Damon and Sip on TA....

AirForceHusker_54

Offensive Coordinator
Jun 8, 2015
Bellevue
Heard on the podcast (yesterday's or the day before can't remember) about how they thought the QB situation would go on from here. You could really tell how frustrated Damon was getting with the stuff Sip was saying and how he was just blindly supporting TA. Started to criticize how Damon went from supporting him to all of the sudden switching it up so quickly. Gotta love how Damon put it. I am paraphrasing here so bear with me but he said something along the lines of "I have been a supporter of TA for the past 3 years, but not after the Iowa game. It wasn't how he threw the interceptions. It was his body language when he went to the sideline. Completely ignoring DL and went and sat on the bench. You can't have that in your starting QB of three years. That just really pissed me off."

Sip went on to say he didn't notice that (yeah right EVERYONE saw it) and Damon went on to say that he doesn't think Tommy is the guy, but hey if he starts doing well and fixes his mistakes he would support him again. I think this is everyone's mindset right now...at least I know it's mine. I always liked TA but unless he changes I think he needs to be done. I don't hate the kid or want to see him fail. I just want someone who can do the job. Don't care who does it. I would love to have TA fix it over the offseason and come back and be a serviceable QB. In an ideal situation, POB redshirts and learns the system. Zach Martin comes in and pushes TA to be better. Zach Martin takes over as the reliable back up and TA improves quite a bit, cutting his interception rate in half and creating some mismatches as a run threat.

Just found it funny how Sip continually defends TA after everything because he is a Bo leftover. There were a lot of times just hearing what he had to say made me mad, and I'm sure Damon was a tad peeved at times too. Anyone else thinking the same thing?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News