ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats to Michigan’s 1st national title since 1997…

I understand why you wanted to shift the topic from common opponents.

All I stated in this thread is that FSU would have been favored over both of our teams.
Either way Meechigan would have never played them because the Rose bowl was more important to the Big 10 and PAC 10..

FSU lost to 2 loss team Florida and Tennessee won the East division and beat Auburn to play Nebraska in the Orange Bowl..Florida lost to Vandy 20-7 and LSU.

You have no facts that Vegas would have had FSU favored over Nebraska..

Really didn't need a playoff that year. Just needed the Blowhard Ten to stop hiding in the Granddaddy of 'Em All and join the BCS/Bowl Alliance - which they finally did.
The Granddaddy of them all was a tradition for the Big 10 and the Pac 10 for many years.

The Granddaddy of them all was a tradition for the Big 10 and the Pac 10 for many years.
And if that tradition was more important than playing for a genuine national title, fine.

Just don't whine, piss and moan for 25+ years about split national championships. Play the highest-ranked opponent available, or STFU already.

And if that tradition was more important than playing for a genuine national title, fine.

Just don't whine, piss and moan for 25+ years about split national championships. Play the highest-ranked opponent available, or STFU already.
I would agree. Nebraska was willing to play but Michigan valued their tradition too much.

Today this is the Sour Grapes Board. And it is glorious.

53452407048_7f6e5f400f_c.jpg
There should be more Michigan Men. Someone's gotta clean them shitters.

Levels of Flirting on Wire for men – Intended for Adults Only

Reactions: ivan brunetti
Saltiness aside, according to Joel Klatt, Michigan just won a natty with only two 5-stars on their roster. They develop better than anyone.

I mean...the old school Nebraska parallels are insane. Develop kids, run an "archaic" offense that fits the midwest, have a smothering defense and of course, a coach that can put it all together.

Mad respect to them.
Harbaugh is a great coach. What he did at Stanford alone proved that. I was a bit surprised it took so long to get going at Michigan (if you can call 10-win seasons disappointing), but Ohio State was at the top of its game when he arrived. Won his first conference championship in his 7th season and a national championship in his 9th season. A reminder for Husker fans to be patient. Hire the right coach and be patient.

Harbaugh is a great coach. What he did at Stanford alone proved that. I was a bit surprised it took so long to get going at Michigan (if you can call 10-win seasons disappointing), but Ohio State was at the top of its game when he arrived. Won his first conference championship in his 7th season and a national championship in his 9th season. A reminder for Husker fans to be patient. Hire the right coach and be patient.
your basketball coach may be doubling down on that take.

A reminder for Husker fans to be patient. Hire the right coach and be patient.
This is a point I've been harping on regularly. Unless its Scott Frost levels of bad, fans need to be patient.

That being said, Harbaugh was still winning 8-10 games a year before he finally broke through (with the exception of the Covid year). No coach at NU has done that since Pelini.

Rhule is already off to a bad start but now with DR and some other good recruits, we'll see what kind of foundation he is building for the future.

Hopefully, he wins enough to stick around.

Hairbag is a great cheater

Hairbag is a great cheater
Most of what is being called cheating was not against the rules. Scouting teams is legal. Documenting their signs is legal. It is a technicality that recording the sideline while away from your own campus is illegal. The people screaming about cheating would be screaming if Harbaugh got a parking ticket. Haters gonna hate. And I say that with absolutely no loyalty whatsoever for Michigan Football. If the team bus went off a cliff tomorrow I probably wouldn't bother paying attention to a news headline about it.

Reactions: ivan brunetti
Most of what is being called cheating was not against the rules. Scouting teams is legal. Documenting their signs is legal. It is a technicality that recording the sideline while away from your own campus is illegal. The people screaming about cheating would be screaming if Harbaugh got a parking ticket. Haters gonna hate. And I say that with absolutely no loyalty whatsoever for Michigan Football. If the team bus went off a cliff tomorrow I probably wouldn't bother paying attention to a news headline about it.
How many games was he suspended for this year, oh yeah that’s right 6, for two separate cheating scandals

Reactions: huskerick
You are wrong on many fronts. Traveling to another institution's game is not allowed. It is not a technicality. It confers a tremendous advantage

You are wrong on many fronts. Traveling to another institution's game is not allowed. It is not a technicality. It confers a tremendous advantage
It’s not allowed because traveling its a financial hardship for smaller schools. So no one can.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT