ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats to Michigan’s 1st national title since 1997…

Ultimately it is good for the conference. Would you rather Alabama and the SEC win yet another one?

Having what was essentially an all-Big 10 championship was good for everybody. Now Nebraska needs to stop riding the coattails of Ohio State and Michigan and start contributing to the elite status.

Saltiness aside, according to Joel Klatt, Michigan just won a natty with only two 5-stars on their roster. They develop better than anyone.

I mean...the old school Nebraska parallels are insane. Develop kids, run an "archaic" offense that fits the midwest, have a smothering defense and of course, a coach that can put it all together.

Mad respect to them.

Saltiness aside, according to Joel Klatt, Michigan just won a natty with only two 5-stars on their roster. They develop better than anyone.

I mean...the old school Nebraska parallels are insane. Develop kids, run an "archaic" offense that fits the midwest, have a smothering defense and of course, a coach that can put it all together.

Mad respect to them.
Forgot the cheating part...

The first undisputed championship since 1948. However, the dispute will begin when the NCAA takes the trophy away. Have you ever seen a coach miss half the season because he was suspended for cheating?
The NCAA can't take it away, it's not a NCAA championship

Mad respect to them.
Michigan has had essentially a top 5 defense every year Harbaugh's been there. They've been putting together the offensive pieces over the last few years and finally got over the hump and won a natty. I have said all along that Harbaugh was a good coach even when he was on the hot seat 4 or 5 years back. If you have the ability to put together a top 5 unit on one side of the ball year after year, then put together a unit that's "good enough" on the other side, then that's a formula that's going to lead to a lot of success, no matter what system is run or what it looks like.

Reactions: B1G RED RULES
The first undisputed championship since 1948. However, the dispute will begin when the NCAA takes the trophy away. Have you ever seen a coach miss half the season because he was suspended for cheating?
Won't happen. The NCAA does not control the CFP and therefore cannot take away that trophy. It's the same with the Heisman, which is controlled and awarded by the Heisman Trust, a separate entity from the NCAA.

Additionally, from what I have read, this not a case that would require vacation of contest results. I haven't read anything that insinuates that any student-athlete participated while ineligible, which is required for vacation. This looks to be more of a case that will result in recruiting restrictions, scholarship reductions and significant show-cause penalties for individuals who knowingly flaunted the rules. Hadbaugh is facing two Level 1 violations, which are the most serious. The prospect of being slammed for his violations has me predicting that he will run back to the NFL

Michigan would have won in 97

No Way What GIF by Rosanna Pansino

i thought it would pit the best qb v. the best team. the latter bludgeoned the former. M was the better team throughout. hail to victors! i imagine there was a lot of this in ann's arbor last night. the gal in the red dress has the 'it' factor ...

Won't happen. The NCAA does not control the CFP and therefore cannot take away that trophy. It's the same with the Heisman, which is controlled and awarded by the Heisman Trust, a separate entity from the NCAA.

Additionally, from what I have read, this not a case that would require vacation of contest results. I haven't read anything that insinuates that any student-athlete participated while ineligible, which is required for vacation. This looks to be more of a case that will result in recruiting restrictions, scholarship reductions and significant show-cause penalties for individuals who knowingly flaunted the rules. Hadbaugh is facing two Level 1 violations, which are the most serious. The prospect of being slammed for his violations has me predicting that he will run back to the NFL
Well you’ve got to give it to him, he found new ways of cheating!
And before the moral relativists get warmed up-If everybody was doing the Stalions deal how come they (specifically Michigan) haven’t caught anyone else doing it?

Too bad we didn't have a playoff then so we had the chance to prove it on the field vs Michigan.
We kind of did. The bowls were allowing an NC matchup as opposed to insisting on the conference tie-in. The precursor to playoffs. Nebraska showed up as did Tennessee, Michigan skudded off to the west coast to play a beatable Washington State rather than manup.
IMO, there was a national championship game, they didn't show up. They didn't even perform that well against WSU. They did get an AP trophy but as a local sportscaster said, it looked like something from junior high woodshop.

Michigan would have won in 97
Schedule/scores suggest otherwise. There’s a reason only one of our two teams in that decade is considered possibly the greatest college football team of all time. Michigan has never been in that conversation, despite a much more dense population.

Congrats on the #1 ranking in 97 from the Associated Press, where half the voters never played football.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Schedule/scores suggest otherwise. There’s a reason only one of our two teams in that decade is considered possibly the greatest college football team of all time. Michigan has never been in that conversation, despite a much more dense population.

Congrats on the #1 ranking in 97 from the Associated Press, where half the voters never played football.
And the other team is the 1971 Nebraska team that finished the season beating the #2,#3 and #4 ranked teams in the country, which has never been done since..

Common opponents suggest otherwise...
Congrats on the win over juggernaut Wazzou in your bowl game. Tough sledding there. They basically had Peyton Manning.

21-16 vs. Ryan Leaf and Michael Black (I know right, who??)

42-17 against a hall of fame NFL QB…and Jamal Lewis.

But yea..Michigan was probably better. What a dumbass you’d have to be.

Congrats on the win over juggernaut Wazzou in your bowl game. Tough sledding there. They basically had Peyton Manning.

21-16 vs. Ryan Leaf and Michael Black (I know right, who??)

42-17 against a hall of fame NFL QB…and Jamal Lewis.

But yea..Michigan was probably better. What a dumbass you’d have to be.

I understand why you wanted to shift the topic from common opponents.

All I stated in this thread is that FSU would have been favored over both of our teams.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT