ADVERTISEMENT

Chiefs fans vote down stadium tax that would have helped build a new stadium.

And there is the other issue your last sentence. If the Royals and or Chiefs would move. The people voting no are going to be the first to bitch.

Of course...hell i'm bitching they even asked.

But just for fun, name one city that didn't bitch when they lost their team. Just one.

Reactions: otismotis08
Not wanting to allocate tax dollars to billionaire owners for a new stadium is a reasonable opinion. The reality is that all but a few stadiums and arenas used by professional sports franchises are NOT owned by the teams (I can only think of Jerry World, but I imagine there are a few others). Nearly all have significant support from community tax dollars.

The risk is that there are citizens in several other cities that will happily agree to a fractional tax and take your team. Nashville and Salt Lake City are the two I hear mentioned most often regarding the Royals. Since the Royals owner is from Kansas City, I believe he would exhaust every avenue to stay before moving the team. In fact, Clay County (adjacent to Jackson County) already had a generous plan on the table for the Royals - but the team's preference is to stay in Jackson County.

I guess my point is that you are not really spiting billionaire owners by denying their requests for tax dollars to fund their stadiums - they'll be able to find another jurisdiction willing to pay the toll. Instead, you are spiting your own community that runs the risk of losing these franchises.
The location of the current stadiums is really bad. Nothing is built up around there to spend a day before or after the game other than massive parking lots. Drive, park, go to a game, then leave...generates nothing to the atmosphere nor financial benefit to the immediate surrounding area. Frankly, it feels like a dump.

The lease with the Truman Sports Complex expires 31 January 2031. They have 7 years to get it worked out and I expect they will.

The location of the current stadiums is really bad. Nothing is built up around there to spend a day before or after the game other than massive parking lots. Drive, park, go to a game, then leave...generates nothing to the atmosphere nor financial benefit to the immediate surrounding area. Frankly, it feels like a dump.
That’s why the Royals wanted the new stadium.

Of course...hell i'm bitching they even asked.

But just for fun, name one city that didn't bitch when they lost their team. Just one.
They all bitch . And down the road they bitch enough to the leaders to get another franchise and the Taxpayers end up paying to get them .

Reactions: king_kong_
They all bitch . And down the road they bitch enough to the leaders to get another franchise and the Taxpayers end up paying to get them .
Makes this thread even funnier

A futile attempt by a chiefs fan to deflect from the constant barrage of scumbaggery perpetrated by all these KC players, staffers and fans

Hilarious

Makes this thread even funnier

A futile attempt by a chiefs fan to deflect from the constant barrage of scumbaggery perpetrated by all these KC players, staffers and fans

Hilarious

Maybe that makea sense in your head, but not mine. IDGAF if they're choir boys who never get in trouble, or their all ex cons. I'm not giving a billionaire a penny for his toys, if I have anything to say about it.

Last edited:
Maybe that makea sense in your head, but not mine. IDGAF if they're choir boys who never get in trouble, or their all ex cons. I'm not giving a billionaire a penny for his toys, if I have anything to say about it.
Well, you don’t have anything to say about it

Unless you live there, which I don’t believe is the case (could be wrong)

Otherwise I suspect this is entirely driven by your desire to have something - anything - positive posted about your beloved criminal enterprise

If not for the countless negative headlines here, this zero burger would have never touched this site. Again, my suspicion

The timing following yet another wonton display of carelessness for the lives of others by a chief is just too perfect to be coincidence

And, to be clear, these aren’t ex cons you root for. They’re active perps and it seems fewer and fewer members of the innocent public are safe because of it.

• Haha
Reactions: Walleye79
Well, you don’t have anything to say about it

Unless you live there, which I don’t believe is the case (could be wrong)

Otherwise I suspect this is entirely driven by your desire to have something - anything - positive posted about your beloved criminal enterprise

If not for the countless negative headlines here, this zero burger would have never touched this site. Again, my suspicion

The timing following yet another wonton display of carelessness for the lives of others by a chief is just too perfect to be coincidence

And, to be clear, these aren’t ex cons you root for. They’re active perps and it seems fewer and fewer members of the innocent public are safe because of it.

Oh gawd you're so out of touch with this situation it's comical at this point. Weird to see you post so much about your feelings as opposed to facts....something I've seen you mention oh about, a million times. Hahaha. The only thing you have right in this whole thread is I am tight ass. Wear it proudly.

Reactions: drubendall
Oh gawd you're so out of touch with this situation it's comical at this point. Weird to see you post so much about your feelings as opposed to facts....something I've seen you mention oh about, a million times. Hahaha. The only thing you have right in this whole thread is I am tight ass. Wear it proudly.
So, you do live there and did cast a vote?

I live in Gretna. Go Dragons!!!
Thanks.

That’s 2 things I’ve been right about, then.

And, though you’ll never admit it, it’s really 3 things. Because you’d never in a million years post something so mundane without the deluge of bad news precluding it.

Thanks.

That’s 2 things I’ve been right about, then.

And, though you’ll never admit it, it’s really 3 things. Because you’d never in a million years post something so mundane without the deluge of bad news precluding it.

Unlike you, I don't attribute every single bad thing that happens by people who used to be a chief, or has a dad who coaches for them, or gang bangers who settle their scores on K.C. streets, to the Chiefs. I'm able to seperate fact from feelings....and when something bad does happen, I want justice just like anyone else.

I'm able to seperate fact from feelings.
I'm not so sure about this.

the criminal scumbags I post about aren't "attributed" to the chiefs, they are literal check cashing employees or merch wearing, parade attending fans.

careful with those pesky facts. they'll get you.

sleep tight knowing a bunch of strangers are saving a fraction of a penny, though! so proud!

I'm not so sure about this.

the criminal scumbags I post about aren't "attributed" to the chiefs, they are literal check cashing employees or merch wearing, parade attending fans.

careful with those pesky facts. they'll get you.

sleep tight knowing a bunch of strangers are saving a fraction of a penny, though! so proud!

Nope. I could, but am exhausted with you and this discussion, list several infractions you attributed to the Chiefs that weren't in the last several months. You remind me of a toddler, there is no reasoning with you, and I am very disappointed with myself for getting drawn into this for this long. If you really do believe I support criminal behavior and the only reason I started this thread is because I am trying to distract from something done by Chief players past and present (by bring more attention to the Chiefs by starting threads about them today???) then so be it.

Reactions: kidofSN
Nope. I could, but am exhausted with you and this discussion, list several infractions you attributed to the Chiefs that weren't in the last several months. You remind me of a toddler, there is no reasoning with you, and I am very disappointed with myself for getting drawn into this for this long. If you really do believe I support criminal behavior and the only reason I started this thread is because I am trying to distract from something done by Chief players past and present (by bring more attention to the Chiefs by starting threads about them today???) then so be it.
of course there's reasoning with me.

you just have to, you know, use reason.

sorry this thread happened to you.

maybe next time!

• Haha
Reactions: Walleye79
St Louis lost the Rams. Unlikely another NFL team is coming. If KC loses a team they'll be far down the list of choices.

You should give yourself a good talking to. Maybe take your mountain bike away for a week. 🤣

Do you have a link to that proposal for the dome?

From what I've seen they want a Arrowhead renovation. Which was extensive.

And a new baseball stadium in down town KC.

The proposed renovations at Arrowhead were not extensive. They were laughable at best.

Last edited:
Therein lies the problem. Jackson County taxpayers were recently hit with unprecedented property tax hikes, and as a whole, does not represent the more affluent sections of the KC metro. They will need to find a way to pull in the broader metro tax base (which is unlikely due to state line issues) or will just move the stadium(s) elsewhere. The politicians should have seen this coming a mile away. It's going to get messy now.

Or just hold out hope that the team owners will foot the bill themselves.

There will not be a bistate tax for new or stadium improvements.

Dallas making a pitch for the Chiefs? Hahaha....maybe thats what Jerrah meant by all in? Just bring in a new team all together?

$800M is laughable?

Chunt spending g $300M of his own $ is laughable?

I have seen the plans presented to the public and live in the KC metro. Many fans and people covering the Chiefs were not impressed at all with the plans. The initial reactions were shock at how unimpressive they were for a 2 time defending Super Bowl champion to ask for public money.

Regardless of how much Clark Hunt planned on contributing to the plans…they were uninspiring and definitely helped contribute to the vote going down last Tuesday.

I heard a sports talk show host compare the plans being created using MS Paint…LOL.

Reactions: drubendall
I have seen the plans presented to the public and live in the KC metro. Many fans and people covering the Chiefs were not impressed at all with the plans. The initial reactions were shock at how unimpressive they were for a 2 time defending Super Bowl champion to ask for public money.

Regardless of how much Clark Hunt planned on contributing to the plans…they were uninspiring and definitely helped contribute to the vote going down last Tuesday.

I heard a sports talk show host compare the plans being created using MS Paint…LOL.
Can you imagine what Jerry Jones would be doing if he had just won three Super Bowls? Not Clark though. You got a talented team and a quarterback in his prime, and you need this controversy by being a tight ass.? as a rule, I don’t spend other peoples money, but I don’t get this. Be elite. Be world class. You have plenty of cash left. You’re gonna make a whole lot more.

Last edited:
Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT