ADVERTISEMENT

Can we make a fan trophy for the Iowa game?

Crushinator

Redshirt Freshman
Jan 26, 2010
Olympia, Washington
The heroes trophy makes me sad. It should make you sad too. The B1G has set the precedent that they are willing to fix egregious errors on their part (see current division names) so fixing this trophy shouldn't be too much to ask. What solutions can you offer to help the B1G decide to torpedo this trophy?

Iowa used to be called cornhuskers, so make a cornhusker trophy..

like half a cob of corn with the husks brass and cob that sit in it crystal.
kinda like this, but cut off at the bottom of the husk v...and a big wood base

6-11-15-cream-of-the-crop.jpg

other than that the missouri river is about the only other thing I can think of between the 2 states:confused:

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=2802

Last edited:

like half a cob of corn made out of brass with some of the husk still on it.
kinda like this

other than that the missouri river is about the only other thing I can think of between the 2 states:confused:

Cool story about the origin of "Cornhuskers" in that link. That type of trophy would be pretty fitting.

Maybe after Iowa's fans take down your goalposts next Saturday they can use a piece of that.

I keed, I keed.

I like the idea of adding crystal to this trophy since it's the closest Iowa will ever get to holding any trophy made out of crystal.

Reactions: baseball31ne
I like the idea of honoring someone's heroic actions, but man this is cheesey as shit for a college football trophy game.

A well thought out Trophy brought out by a charismatic group would quickly eclipse the "trophy" the B1G suits and university bureaucrats mandated.

A well thought out Trophy brought out by a charismatic group would quickly eclipse the "trophy" the B1G suits and university bureaucrats mandated.
Good point. As an aside, I read the story about Floyd of Rosedale on Wikipedia, it's awesome. Read it. These things need to grow organically, it's what gives them meaning.

Reactions: chill_hawk
Not that it should be hard to come up with something better than the Heroes Trophy (brought to you by Hy-Vee), but if it doesn't approach the awesomeness of the Bits Of Broken Chair Trophy, why even bother?

Reactions: arf_man
The pitchfork would be appropriate for us! We call for coaches heads over almost nothing! Iowa rides their tired coaching staff with the dogged fatalism of a bitter old spouse. Nice year, BTW, Iowa fans. Wait till you guys get back home and ole Kirk takes off the tux and switches back into his sweat pants and pit-stained undershirt (aka your typical 6 year slump).

Sorry, I don't like the look of that at all. Looks more like a sex toy than a trophy.

The heroes trophy makes me sad. It should make you sad too. The B1G has set the precedent that they are willing to fix egregious errors on their part (see current division names) so fixing this trophy shouldn't be too much to ask. What solutions can you offer to help the B1G decide to torpedo this trophy?

Yes, it has corporate stink all over it...awful.

How about we just play for a jug of Missouri River Mud???

water1.jpg

Reactions: Bremser
I much prefer the "Corn Bowl Trophy" that is exchanged between Nebraska's Innocents Society and Iowa's President's Leadership Society over the Heroes Trophy.

DSC_0497.JPG

Reactions: 94husker and unIowa
I want a bronze trophy.
I want a cow, a pig, a pitchfork and an ear of corn on it.
And a dog.
I want a dog on it.
And I want it to be heavy.

Reactions: Crushinator
The pitchfork would be appropriate for us! We call for coaches heads over almost nothing! Iowa rides their tired coaching staff with the dogged fatalism of a bitter old spouse. Nice year, BTW, Iowa fans. Wait till you guys get back home and ole Kirk takes off the tux and switches back into his sweat pants and pit-stained undershirt (aka your typical 6 year slump).
latest

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT