ADVERTISEMENT

Bubba Starling

I'm starting to think he'll get a September call up, and probably even some playing time once the division is wrapped up. Imagine how crazy that would have sounded last year.

I think that you're right, but more to prevent rule 5 from kicking in.

The Royals acquired OF Ben Zobrist yesterday so their OF may be pretty crowded once Gordo returns (w/ Cain, Rios, Dyson, and Orlando already present)..

GBR

Reactions: tdj6969
Clearly, if he does get playing time, it would be only after the division is won, and Ned is resting some of the regulars for the playoffs. But I would bet Bubba finds his way onto the field for a game or 2 or 3. Also will probably be used in pinch running situations, as he has some speed.

The Royals acquired OF Ben Zobrist yesterday so their OF may be pretty crowded once Gordo returns (w/ Cain, Rios, Dyson, and Orlando already present)..

GBR

The Royals will have to make a roster move to make room for Zobrist. I assume Orlando will be optioned to Omaha.

Reactions: sparky62
Possibly or do you think that they'll trade Orlando for prospects? Dayton Moore is pretty good at selling high and finding underrated future prospects (not that Orlando would garner much but he has shown flashes and his speed could benefit a postseason roster)...

Orlando has world-class speed. But he is an average base stealing threat, but what he does have is "holy shit, how did he turn that into a triple?!!" Speed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT