ADVERTISEMENT

Borders is in the Portal

Maybe he got an offer he couldn't refuse. Wants to see if we'll match. Does he have 1 or 2 years left?

Proving it is simple, as was stated, there are receipts in the form of texts.

If Joe Bob's dad is a donor to the NIL collective at the University of Texas, and Joe Bob texts his son's former HS teammate at Texas A&M about joining his son at Texas and says I can get you more money at Texas, what laws or rules were broken, who do you report them to?
I. I don’t think when players are being contacted they are actually offered positions or NIL money in the conversation whether live or by text . School s aren’t this stupid. It’s more like hey Chief if you want to ever want to get closer to home you may have options. And likely thes conversation are coming from a player former HS teammates. Is that really tampering: Maybe. That is where the hard to prove is coming in .

I. I don’t think when players are being contacted they are actually offered positions or NIL money in the conversation whether live or by text . School s aren’t this stupid. It’s more like hey Chief if you want to ever want to get closer to home you may have options. And likely thes conversation are coming from a player former HS teammates. Is that really tampering: Maybe. That is where the hard to prove is coming in .

But a player can't offer a position on another team. I'm also sure that the kid making the contact stated Coach wanted me to contact you about joining us.

I think you would be surprised at what is actually offered in the conversations. No one is leaving a known deal for an unknown or unconfirmed deal at a new school. Since the collectives are not under the umbrella of the school there are absolutely no rules governing who and when they contact other players or what they are offering. So the schools don't have to be stupid. They have others doing their bidding. Proving tampering is easy, there are texts from someone associated or familiar with a school offering something to a player from another team to join the school they are apart of. The part that is hard is proving that the coach or someone paid by the university is actually spearheading the contact. By the time the coaches at the new school are involved, the behind the scenes stuff is over and the player has already entered the transfer portal and is free to contact those coaches.

I would never judge coaches on their first recruiting class and I would never judge coaches on how the previous coach recruited.

I don't mean for this to have a negative connotation because he seems like a great guy, but judging from his early days on campus I think he has a lot of interest in being a face of a team, a fun social media/online personality, etc. He was popping up a bunch in promo pics and funny tiktok videos and stuff right when he got here, but then obviously it didn't work out on the field so that stuff slowed down.

I doubt he got some kind of huge NIL deal from another team or something, but it's possible his opportunities at NU didn't pan out how he wanted and he'd rather give it another shot somewhere else where he has a better shot at making a big splash on and off the field.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Well he played in 4 games and redshirted in 2021, was a RS freshman in 2022, a RS soph in 2023 and will have 2024 and 2025 seasons left to play. So IDGAF what Benning etal allegedly said on the radio. They would be wrong.
The afternoon guy Chris Schmidt seemed pretty sure he had one year left. That said he was a full participant this spring so I believe his leaving is due to depth chart concerns and not his pocket book. It was inevitable that we are going to lose LBs and DBs given the numbers. WR next?

Reactions: leodisflowers
I don’t think he said anything about any coaches doing this , he just said the players were contacted.

It's the collectives reaching out so coaches have "plausible deniability"

It's bogus, but that is whats happening

The afternoon guy Chris Schmidt seemed pretty sure he had one year left. That said he was a full participant this spring so I believe his leaving is due to depth chart concerns and not his pocket book. It was inevitable that we are going to lose LBs and DBs given the numbers. WR next?

Please send this to Chris Schmidt so he has the facts needed. This is directly from the Husker website. The stuff highlighted in RED are the most pertinent.

2023 (Sophomore)
Chief Borders played in all 12 games in his first season at Nebraska. He recorded a career-high nine tackles with a half tackle for loss and one pass breakup.

Borders recorded his first two tackles as a Husker against Northern Illinois. He had one solo tackle against Louisiana Tech. Borders totaled a career-high three tackles against Michigan. At Illinois, Borders recorded two tackles with his first career TFL and first career pass breakup. He recorded one tackle against Purdue.

Before Nebraska (Heard Count [Ga.] HS/Florida)
Borders spent two seasons at the University of Florida before transferring to Nebraska. The Chicago native played in all 12 regular-season games for the Gators in 2022, primarily on special teams. He had an assisted tackle against South Carolina and an unassisted tackle against No. 1 Georgia. Borders appeared in four games and redshirted in 2021, making a tackle in the Gasparilla Bowl. He was named to the SEC Fall Academic Honor Roll.

Please send this to Chris Schmidt so he has the facts needed. This is directly from the Husker website. The stuff highlighted in RED are the most pertinent.

2023 (Sophomore)
Chief Borders played in all 12 games in his first season at Nebraska. He recorded a career-high nine tackles with a half tackle for loss and one pass breakup.

Borders recorded his first two tackles as a Husker against Northern Illinois. He had one solo tackle against Louisiana Tech. Borders totaled a career-high three tackles against Michigan. At Illinois, Borders recorded two tackles with his first career TFL and first career pass breakup. He recorded one tackle against Purdue.

Before Nebraska (Heard Count [Ga.] HS/Florida)
Borders spent two seasons at the University of Florida before transferring to Nebraska. The Chicago native played in all 12 regular-season games for the Gators in 2022, primarily on special teams. He had an assisted tackle against South Carolina and an unassisted tackle against No. 1 Georgia. Borders appeared in four games and redshirted in 2021, making a tackle in the Gasparilla Bowl. He was named to the SEC Fall Academic Honor Roll.
I’m sure they’ve already gotten the word. I’m not arguing with you.

New rule: don't recruit guys with cool names. Too hard to live up to. No Thunder, no Chief etc. Although Bob Sledge was okay....

Who else am I missing?

New rule: don't recruit guys with cool names. Too hard to live up to. No Thunder, no Chief etc. Although Bob Sledge was okay....

Who else am I missing?

Bob Sledge was more than “okay”.

Sam’s father, Bob, is a member of the Nebraska Football Hall of Fame. Bob was a three-year letterwinner from 1986 to 1988 and earned All-Big Eight honors as a left tackle in 1988.

Who else am I missing?
I think Wonderful Monds was pretty good and also had a GOAT level Afro.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT