ADVERTISEMENT

Boltsball 2024

I’m not privy to watching the team live but our coach takes a daily beating… questions:
- is he THAT bad?
- is he better than Erstad?
- did any of you ever coach baseball? Not asking to be a jerk but it seems to me to tricky…. And I’m the BIGGEST critic of David Bell!
No, no coaching experience, I'm just a REALLY GOOD critic.

It seems baseball comes down to 2 philosophies: data driven vs. feel.

I would be a 90% feel coach, but know the data so I could at least understand trends. I think Bolt & Childress are around 75% data and 25% feel. His feel has been bad and data driven works if your players are better at baseball than the opposition. I don't know if Husker baseball is mature enough yet to compete for championship trophies, but we're close :)

No, no coaching experience, I'm just a REALLY GOOD critic.

It seems baseball comes down to 2 philosophies: data driven vs. feel.

I would be a 90% feel coach, but know the data so I could at least understand trends. I think Bolt & Childress are around 75% data and 25% feel. His feel has been bad and data driven works if your players are better at baseball than the opposition. I don't know if Husker baseball is mature enough yet to compete for championship trophies, but we're close :)
Good thoughts…. Long ago I coached girls basketball and was probably 50/50 analytics/ gut feel… coaching tennis 80% analytics / 20 gut feel… tricky in every sport

Reactions: MargotDeeper
I’m not privy to watching the team live but our coach takes a daily beating… questions:
- is he THAT bad?
- is he better than Erstad?
- did any of you ever coach baseball? Not asking to be a jerk but it seems to me to tricky…. And I’m the BIGGEST critic of David Bell!
I think he takes the beating for not getting our team motivated for sweep games and midweek games. Our teams seems to get bored beating the same team three times in a row.

Our team appears to be the type that can thrive in a tourney setting, but we shall see.

Another Tuesday game for Bolt and staff. Might wanna go get some Creighton players to help us win one. SMH.

He pitched awesome on 5 days of rest. They even pulled him early on Thursday … I don’t get the move but wouldn’t be the first time bolt has done something that had me scratching my head
We are a lock for a regional.Bolt will
Likely pitch him tomorrow.

Ugh another midweek disaster in the making?? Come on boys wake up
Are Brockett, Walsh, Clark, and Perry essentially the same pitcher? FB mostly tops out in high 80s. Difficult time putting hitters away with 2 strikes. Occasionally has a good outing (yes, Brockett has a no hitter, but hasn’t been great in any other outing), just enough to tease you.
Bolt better have a good explanation for tonight. The O has shown zero evidence it can win a slugfest.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrighteRed24
I was shaking my head when the talking heads prior to the game said they were so impressed with Nebraska consistency....consistently bad on Tuesday

I'm absolutely disappointed. It's like their team has a great scouting report to be put in the best position to win and Bolt and Company went and got hot fudge sundaes.
Doesn't help that our guys don't have another gear either and they didn't have to travel. What a joke.

Reactions: BrighteRed24
I'm absolutely disappointed. It's like their team has a great scouting report to be put in the best position to win and Bolt and Company went and got hot fudge sundaes.
Doesn't help that our guys don't have another gear either and they didn't have to travel. What a joke.
Okay Clarke.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT