ADVERTISEMENT

Boltsball 2024

Minnesota threw similar pitchers on Sunday and the batters acted like they were facing the 2015 Kansas City Royals bullpen as well. The rose-colored glasses brigade will blame the umpire's weird strike zone, but that didn't seem to hurt SDSU's almighty offense too badly late in the game.
I guess the thing that pisses me off the most is the fact that the rose-colored glasses brigade has been writing these losses off as "we are just missing pitching depth." Out hitting has been awful as well.

Creighton, Kansas and South Dakota State are not teams that have a wealth of stud pitchers to throw against NU on mid-week games. I've listened to just about every game and they have been putting some really bad pitchers out there who have all of sudden found their stride against NU, time and time again.

I guess the thing that pisses me off the most is the fact that the rose-colored glasses brigade has been writing these losses off as "we are just missing pitching depth." Out hitting has been awful as well.

Creighton, Kansas and South Dakota State are not teams that have a wealth of stud pitchers to throw against NU on mid-week games. I've listened to just about every game and they have been putting some really bad pitchers out there who have all of sudden found their stride against NU, time and time again.
The toxic optimists also don't realize the irony of excusing losses due to pitching depth for a head coach in his fifth year, generally a time when you should have your roster management thing figured out.

The toxic optimists also don't realize the irony of excusing losses due to pitching depth for a head coach in his fifth year, generally a time when you should have your roster management thing figured out.
You and BrightRed must be a blast at parties 🤣

Reactions: bigboxes
I just read some of your posts and almost unalived myself. You are one depressing dude.

Maybe my favorite Husker-loathing post..

It seems more likely this team finds a way to play themselves out of the NCAA tournament. And that's not just based on decades and decades of irrelevance, this team has guys that love nothing more than to just stand there like slack-jawed idiots when an opponent shoots the ball, allowing said opponent to grab an easy bucket on the offensive rebound. This, naturally, is followed by an inbounds pass that is immediately kicked out of bounds for no reason other than being a moron. Rinse and repeat.

• Haha
Reactions: timnsun
Been a head scratching year how terrible we’ve been with midweek games..

Need to win the last two series.
The pitching depth is a concern heading into the B1G tournament..
Yep take the last two series, then see how this team performs in a tournament setting. Excited to see how they do

Reactions: scarletred
LOL - big ten/neb baseball

Neb is 2-4 against major conf teams (the BIG is at best a midmajor)- one of those wins was against Baylor (RPI 128) the other KSU (12-12 in the Big12)

Creighton is 4-10 in the Big East and 3-0 against Neb
Still beat your Clarkeyes. Go get some mental help.

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
LOL - big ten/neb baseball

Neb is 2-4 against major conf teams (the BIG is at best a midmajor)- one of those wins was against Baylor (RPI 128) the other KSU (12-12 in the Big12)

Creighton is 4-10 in the Big East and 3-0 against Neb
Hey it’s rocket man! You still hanging out with Dennis Rodman.

Nebraska is 3-4 against quad 1 competition so not too shabby.

A bit off-topic, but Hickman's own Jackson Reetz is starting at catcher for the Giants today. Eight years and almost 700 games in the minors - this is his 5th MLB game.

Gotta hand it to a guy for hanging in there that long.
Was much of that at the AAA level at least? I thought they processed guys out much quicker than that if they are languishing at the A or AA level for too long.

Was much of that at the AAA level at least? I thought they processed guys out much quicker than that if they are languishing at the A or AA level for too long.
A couple of years were AAA. But this is his 4th organization, so he's been "processed" quite a bit. But hey, like I always say, play ball while you can because you have your whole life to stare at a screen.

Also, he was originally a 3rd round pick, so he probably got a decent signing bonus.

A couple of years were AAA. But this is his 4th organization, so he's been "processed" quite a bit. But hey, like I always say, play ball while you can because you have your whole life to stare at a screen.

Also, he was originally a 3rd round pick, so he probably got a decent signing bonus.
I was tempted to do a little Tanya Harding Copy-cat today. The Indiana team was on my flight from Denver today. I wasn’t sure whose knees to take out though.

Well guys, I'm back after a week in time out. Probably just as well because that way I wasn't able to waste a bunch of posts during Wed SDSU game. I probably would have gotten a week in the corner anyway

Well guys, I'm back after a week in time out. Probably just as well because that way I wasn't able to waste a bunch of posts during Wed SDSU game. I probably would have gotten a week in the corner anyway
Glad to see you're back. Be a good boy.

finger-shake-babu.gif

Columbus’ glove continues to be a liability .. cost us another run. Huskers down 2-0 .. heading to bottom of 4th

Huskers are hitting the ball well. Indiana is playing some crazy good defense. Meanwhile our guys are looking like Bill Buckner out there

• Haha
Reactions: huntered
Are teams just taunting the Huskers rolling out pitchers with ERAs closer to 10 than 3???
A relief pitcher with an era of 8 strikes out three guys. Leaving more batter stranded. Just pathetic. Why is stone batting? Dude is ice cold

A relief pitcher with an era of 8 strikes out three guys. Leaving more batter stranded. Just pathetic. Why is stone batting? Dude is ice cold
Lefty-righty. Bolt is a slave to "the book", no deference to the fact that Swansen is actually starting to see and hit the ball pretty well, and that Stone of late is not.

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
Lefty-righty. Bolt is a slave to "the book", no deference to the fact that Swansen is actually starting to see and hit the ball pretty well, and that Stone of late is not.
Yep.
And the O just has no identity. We don’t hit many HRs, but we also don’t play small ball. Lots of station to station. And we strike out a ton with runners in scoring position—which is what a HR hitting team would be ok with. But we aren’t…

Reactions: Mrs HuskerHusaria
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT