ADVERTISEMENT

Boltsball 2024

Hindsight is 20/20
The point is there's no reason to need hindsight, there was plenty of opportunity for Bolt to give Brockett a start earlier in the year against one of the many, many midweek opponents that have kicked our butts. He sure put Harrahill out there when it was obvious the kid was not ready.

The point is there's no reason to need hindsight, there was plenty of opportunity for Bolt to give Brockett a start earlier in the year against one of the many, many midweek opponents that have kicked our butts. He sure put Harrahill out there when it was obvious the kid was not ready.
apparently Brockett hasn't looked ready either. He got his shot this week. Give them credit for that at least. There's no guarantee that he doesn't stink things up next time out.

apparently Brockett hasn't looked ready either. He got his shot this week. Give them credit for that at least. There's no guarantee that he doesn't stink things up next time out.
Yeah, let's give credit to coaches that haven't won a midweek game since March 20th, until they start a guy they've buried on the bench all season long... and he tosses a no-hitter. Great job coach. But by all means, let's keep arguing about it.

Yeah, let's give credit to coaches that haven't won a midweek game since March 20th, until they start a guy they've buried on the bench all season long... and he tosses a no-hitter. Great job coach. But by all means, let's keep arguing about it.
I’m sure you would have had him pegged as a no hit pitcher waiting to happen long ago….

Seriously, when you find a positive to complain about, you may need to reevaluate things.

Seriously, when you're happy with going 4-6 in midweek games and getting swept by Creighton, you may need to reevaluate things.
Nobody is happy about that but most don’t throw the staff under the bus for not knowing a sophomore had a no hitter in his repertoire. I’ve seen too many Joe Averages in MLB throw no hitters who are never heard from again. The idea that that staff deserved no credit for getting him to this point isn’t reasonable or logical. He’s pitched this season. Hes been inconsistent. He had a great game this outing. He may not the next one.

Nobody is happy about that but most don’t throw the staff under the bus for not knowing a sophomore had a no hitter in his repertoire. I’ve seen too many Joe Averages in MLB throw no hitters who are never heard from again. The idea that that staff deserved no credit for getting him to this point isn’t reasonable or logical. He’s pitched this season. Hes been inconsistent. He had a great game this outing. He may not the next one.
That's some narrative you have there. This whole back-and-forth started simply because I said there was ample opportunity to get this kid a start prior to this week. That's a reasonable thing to say, but I know you just like to argue regardless. You can keep putting words in my mouth and I'll keep correcting you. I agree he may suck next time he's out there. If your position is that as a fan is that we must assume the coach is always right and that we never question him, I'll be sure to remind you of that repeatedly as long as you keep running your mouth.

Reactions: SeaOfRed75
Sears only able to pitch 5 innings again. Walked the first two he faced in the sixth. 6-3 minny .. gotta hold onto this win

Luckily the incompetent ump that called minny safe at 2nd didn’t cost us any further damage. 8-7 after 7 good guys

Reactions: huntered
Indiana could very well sweep Purdue today which would set up very important series next weekend in Lincoln..

Illinois has the Clarkeyes at home next weekend too..
Also Illinois and Purdue finish up against one another..
Clarkeyes! Clarkeyes! Clarkeyes!

Indiana could very well sweep Purdue today which would set up very important series next weekend in Lincoln..

The good news is that it's in in Lincoln so we don't have to worry about a chicken sh## deal where they don't play the game.....

Bats need to get going. Already 5 strikeouts against this minny bum.

2-0 bad guys .. bottom of 3

Except Purdue won game 1. Purdue is about to bust today's game wide open. Meanwhile Minnesota shoving their bats up Will Walsh's dumper.

Reactions: BrighteRed24
Wow, Purdue might blow it now. They had bases loaded nobody out, ended up leading 4-0. Now Indiana with bases loaded and 1 out in the 9th. Melting dooooown.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT