ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Bold prediction Wednesday: What's up Holmes?

Nate Clouse

Nebraska Legend
Staff
Feb 14, 2012
Lincoln, Neb.
With today being a Wednesday and there being a lot of talk about a prediction I made back in June, I thought there would be no better time than now to make another "bold prediction" based off of some conversations I had with multiple people last night...

l2vxpkyjkjkuh0c431qt

5-star CB Darnay Holmes

As of today, I'm feeling like Nebraska is now back in the mix with Darnay Holmes. The chances of keeping the Calabasas Crew together with Keyshawn Johnson Jr., Tristan Gebbia and Holmes have all of a sudden become a real thing again. Remember, I'm not saying Nebraska is going to land Holmes, but I am telling you that you can no longer count NU out of the mix. Here's a rundown of what I was able to gather on the situation and why I feel like I'm able to even make this prediction. (Trust me, I was skeptical at first as well)

1. Holmes will take an official visit to Nebraska.

2. Holmes will have an in-home visit with the Nebraska coaches, possibly Sunday night.

3. Nebraska now not only in Holmes' top five, but closing in on his top three which is definitely NOT what everyone thinks it is.

4. KJJ and Gebbia - They're still in Darnay's ear and the appeal for him to go to college with his friends teammates is very real.

5. Keyshawn Sr. is his Godfather and is also definitely in his ear.

6. Michigan had an in-home visit with Holmes last night, but it was only with Holmes, not the whole family.

7. There is a draw to come in and be an immediate impact guy in all three phases of the game at NU.

8. There is a draw to help be a catalyst for some other highly regarded players considering NU to join the class.

9. He's been to Lincoln many, many times and loves the coaches, campus and city. There's a comfort level.

10. Some close to Holmes want him to stay in L.A. while others want him at Ohio State, Nebraska is a place that all parties seem to be on board with.

11. Holmes is supposed to be announcing his decision at the Army game, but that may get pushed back depending on how the next couple of weeks go.

12. Raising Canes

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News