ADVERTISEMENT

Blackshirts are back!

Things that don't get Ws= Blackshirts, balloons, alternate unis, tunnel music.

Just win!!
Thanks. Seems as though it’s been a loooong time since you’ve been happy.

Hope you have something to be happy about next fall.

DC White says you don’t mess with the tradition of the blackshirts. Joseph tried taking that tradition away but looks like Rhule wants to put a stranglehold on it and keep it. Love it!
Wrong, Joseph felt they hadn’t lived up to wearing them so he put them away and were given back after the win against Ioway..

DC White says you don’t mess with the tradition of the blackshirts. Joseph tried taking that tradition away but looks like Rhule wants to put a stranglehold on it and keep it. Love it!
Do you actually understand the tradition? When the black shirts came about you didn’t earn them for the whole season you had to earn them each week. What Mickey did was perfectly ok

Do you actually understand the tradition? When the black shirts came about you didn’t earn them for the whole season you had to earn them each week. What Mickey did was perfectly ok
Actually you had to earn them each day. They were picked up at the end of practice. If someone didn't perform well in practice, the next day they were given a grayshirt while another was promoted to wear the blackshirt.

That defense wasn't worthy of blackshirts. You don't play like one, you don't get to wear them. That goes for all eleven d starters. One screw up, all suffer.

Reactions: scarletred
I get the "they did not live up to it" but this is a new era.

Lame ass Iowa had this "amazing" defense that NU lit up with ease.

Starters get them because they earned the starting spot.

It is not about us lame fans...it is about the guys on the team.

The tradition was/is...starteres get them.

I get the "they did not live up to it" but this is a new era.

Lame ass Iowa had this "amazing" defense that NU lit up with ease.

Starters get them because they earned the starting spot.

It is not about us lame fans...it is about the guys on the team.

The tradition was/is...starteres get them.
for some reason I don’t think every starter got one but I’m probably wrong

The thing about “they are for staters” deal that I don’t like isn’t even about production, it’s about leadership and accountability.

Clearly, being a starter has had nothing to do with leadership/accountability for some time now.

Myles Freaking Farmer!!!!!!

Actually you had to earn them each day. They were picked up at the end of practice. If someone didn't perform well in practice, the next day they were given a grayshirt while another was promoted to wear the blackshirt.
They wore the blackshirts during practice. Hard to wear it during practice and yet pick it up after practice.

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
They wore the blackshirts during practice. Hard to wear it during practice and yet pick it up after practice.
Picked up by the staff. They were then handed out the next day at the start of practice. They weren't jerseys. They were cheapy mesh practice vests. The only reason they were black was because that is all the sporting goods store had when Devaney sent one of his coaches down to buy them...or so the story goes.

each 1st team d player gets a black shirt, as long as he doesn't fail alot.
it's pretty simple

Reactions: bigboxes
Wrong, Joseph felt they hadn’t lived up to wearing them so he put them away and were given back after the win against Ioway..
Which is dumb. The tradition is to give black shirts to the starters on defense. Anything else is meaningless and does nothing to win games or motivate.

Reactions: SeaOfRed75
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT