ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten Baseball Scores and Standings (4/28)

Alum-Ni

Administrator
Gold Member
Aug 29, 2004
#8 Illinois 7, Southern Illinois 5
#18 Iowa 4, Sacramento State 3 (18 inn)
#20 Maryland 5, Delaware 3
Purdue 9, Illinois State 6
Evansville 8, Indiana 4
Minnesota 5, Kansas State 0
Michigan State 9, Notre Dame 6 (12 inn)
Nebraska 7, Creighton 6

Fairleigh Dickinson at Rutgers (canceled - weather)

Standings
1. Illinois (37-6-1, 13-1)
2. Iowa (31-11, 13-2)
3. Ohio State (31-10, 12-3)
4. Maryland (31-13, 11-4)
5. Michigan (27-17, 11-7)
6. Michigan State (26-17, 9-6)
7. Nebraska (31-16, 6-9)
8. Minnesota (19-21, 7-11)
9. Indiana (23-18, 6-10)
10. Rutgers (15-27-1, 5-10)
11. Northwestern (13-29, 4-11)
12. Penn State (13-26, 2-12)
13. Purdue (14-31, 1-14)

Games for Wednesday, April 29
#20 Maryland at Delaware
Chicago State at Northwestern
Eastern Michigan at Michigan State
Indiana State at Indiana
Kansas State at Minnesota
Pittsburgh at Penn State
Rutgers at Villanova

Next Nebraska Game - Friday, May 1
Nebraska at Northwestern (3:00 p.m. - BTN Plus)

#8 Illinois 7, Southern Illinois 5
#18 Iowa 4, Sacramento State 3 (18 inn)
#20 Maryland 5, Delaware 3
Purdue 9, Illinois State 6
Evansville 8, Indiana 4
Minnesota 5, Kansas State 0
Michigan State 9, Notre Dame 6 (12 inn)
Nebraska 7, Creighton 6

Fairleigh Dickinson at Rutgers (canceled - weather)

Standings
1. Illinois (37-6-1, 13-1)
2. Iowa (31-11, 13-2)
3. Ohio State (31-10, 12-3)
4. Maryland (31-13, 11-4)
5. Michigan (27-17, 11-7)
6. Michigan State (26-17, 9-6)
7. Nebraska (31-16, 6-9)
8. Minnesota (19-21, 7-11)
9. Indiana (23-18, 6-10)
10. Rutgers (15-27-1, 5-10)
11. Northwestern (13-29, 4-11)
12. Penn State (13-26, 2-12)
13. Purdue (14-31, 1-14)

Games for Wednesday, April 29
#20 Maryland at Delaware
Chicago State at Northwestern
Eastern Michigan at Michigan State
Indiana State at Indiana
Kansas State at Minnesota
Pittsburgh at Penn State
Rutgers at Villanova

Next Nebraska Game - Friday, May 1
Nebraska at Northwestern (3:00 p.m. - BTN Plus)

It takes all I can muster to wrap my mind around the fact that we are 6-9 and in 7th place in the B1G...in Erstad's 4th year. What a complete embarrassment.

It's time that Eikhorst puts some expectations in writing next year. We arguably have some of the best facilities in the B1G, and get to play in the home of the CWS every year. 7th place is unacceptable in year 4.

It takes all I can muster to wrap my mind around the fact that we are 6-9 and in 7th place in the B1G...in Erstad's 4th year. What a complete embarrassment.

It's time that Eikhorst puts some expectations in writing next year. We arguably have some of the best facilities in the B1G, and get to play in the home of the CWS every year. 7th place is unacceptable in year 4.

It's fine if you want to express your disappointment on how Nebraska finished in the conference standings but please wait until the season is over. Anyway, I think most Nebraska fans care exponentially more about the NCAA tournament than the conference. I know I do. Oh, and you should probably spell the AD's name correctly if you're going to call him on the carpet.

Again, Illinois and MSU play all five of the worst teams in the B1G. We play just two of them and those two are finally coming on schedule. Iowa and OSU play four of the worst.

We have, far and away, the toughest B1G schedule. It's an uneven playing field. The ground is tilted and we're on the uphill side. Illinois and MSU are on the downhill side.

No, we wouldn't win the B1G if there had been a level playing field but we wouldn't be 7th either. We'd be much better.

One other thing. There isn't a single elite SEC, ACC or PAC12 team that stews over not winning their conference. Happy to win if they can but don't care if they don't. They know the true honors lie in Omaha. And MLB wild card teams have won the World series. Recently.

Again, Illinois and MSU play all five of the worst teams in the B1G. We play just two of them and those two are finally coming on schedule. Iowa and OSU play four of the worst.

We have, far and away, the toughest B1G schedule. It's an uneven playing field. The ground is tilted and we're on the uphill side. Illinois and MSU are on the downhill side.

No, we wouldn't win the B1G if there had been a level playing field but we wouldn't be 7th either. We'd be much better.

One other thing. There isn't a single elite SEC, ACC or PAC12 team that stews over not winning their conference. Happy to win if they can but don't care if they don't. They know the true honors lie in Omaha. And MLB wild card teams have won the World series. Recently.

Word up, brother.

It's fine if you want to express your disappointment on how Nebraska finished in the conference standings but please wait until the season is over. Anyway, I think most Nebraska fans care exponentially more about the NCAA tournament than the conference. I know I do. Oh, and you should probably spell the AD's name correctly if you're going to call him on the carpet.

If we can't finish better than 7th in the B1G, I wouldn't worry much about the the NCAA tournament. The team will be back home in time to watch most of it on TV.

I think if I were you, I would probably worry more about reading comprehension than the fact that I didn't proofread and realize that my Swype didn't spell our AD's name correctly. I wasn't calling Eichorst out. I was calling our baseball coach out.

Am I wrong or had the team missed the regionals from 2008-2013 and we made it last year (tough loss on some poor fielding) and will be in again this year. Seems like we're on the right track. Silva was a clutch hire and Kirby will have a full year recruiting in So Cal, so our 2016 class and beyond should pull a few more talented kids. Pitchers will want to pitch here and we'll start pulling more studs from key states around NE with a perennial winning program. National Championship programs take a few years to build. I am happy with the progess so far...

If we can't finish better than 7th in the B1G, I wouldn't worry much about the the NCAA tournament. The team will be back home in time to watch most of it on TV.

I think if I were you, I would probably worry more about reading comprehension than the fact that I didn't proofread and realize that my Swype didn't spell our AD's name correctly. I wasn't calling Eichorst out. I was calling our baseball coach out.

Are you predicting that we'll be left out of the NCAA tourney because of a 7th place finish in the B1G?

I ask because the committee won't be looking at that. They never do. Not part of their calculations.

Are you predicting that we'll be left out of the NCAA tourney because of a 7th place finish in the B1G?

I ask because the committee won't be looking at that. They never do. Not part of their calculations.

No, I'm suggesting that even if we do make the NCAAs, the way we are playing, we will be done pretty quickly.

Am I wrong or had the team missed the regionals from 2008-2013 and we made it last year (tough loss on some poor fielding) and will be in again this year. Seems like we're on the right track. Silva was a clutch hire and Kirby will have a full year recruiting in So Cal, so our 2016 class and beyond should pull a few more talented kids. Pitchers will want to pitch here and we'll start pulling more studs from key states around NE with a perennial winning program. National Championship programs take a few years to build. I am happy with the progess so far...

So, we've been building ever since we began to field a team?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT