ADVERTISEMENT

Best Nebraska Athlete of All Time?

Some good choices already mentioned, but I’ll throw Sam Francis in the mix. Bigger than life in many respects, athletics being just one.

Reactions: NUinnwks and dpnavy
USAV-Tokyo-DesktopiPad-Wallpaper-WNT-Larson-ACTION.jpg

Danny Woodhead deserves mention - all state in soccer and basketball, and finished 5th in state track 100M. Not a bad football player either.

You can make an argument for him till you meet him...and yes he looks like a stud but not the imposing figure you'd think for a man of his accomplishments. He's also an equally amazing person as he is an accomplished athlete, who has touched a lot of lives. He was our Rudy and Tebow who didn't actually play for us if that makes sense...

Bob Gibson or Erick Strickland. Gibson as we know was one of the best MLB pitchers of all time and could have played in the NBA if he'd chosen that path. Strick played 9 seasons in the NBA but was also a professional baseball player and probably could have played football for Nebraska as well.

Bob Gibson or Erick Strickland. Gibson as we know was one of the best MLB pitchers of all time and could have played in the NBA if he'd chosen that path. Strick played 9 seasons in the NBA but was also a professional baseball player and probably could have played football for Nebraska as well.
Top 100 fb recruit out of HS

Reactions: headcard
Johnny Rodgers has to be on the list along with Gibson and Sayers but Sayers is without a doubt No.# 1 then Gibson then Rodgers.

Last edited:
Strickland is up there. Was a HS AA in 3 sports if I remember correctly
I remember running track in 9th grade at Papio. He was on the Bellevue West high school track team as a 9th grader and Mission Jr. High (or maybe it was Logan) brought him down to run against us peons. He only ran a couple events and just destroyed everyone. Wasn't even fair.

Reactions: Rick.Shaw
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT