ADVERTISEMENT

Ben Zobrist a Royal

A

anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi

Poor A's having to sell. Brett "dudebro" Lawrie has to be bummed.

cool-story-bro-random-32789641-414-389.jpg

The Royals are going all out to win it this year. Too bad Cueto and Zobrist are free agents at the end of the year. Our farm system is taking a hit with all of the pitchers we are giving up but that is the price to win it all. They gave up quite a bit to get Zobrist. Lets hope they can get it done.

The farm system is fine.

They lost Aaron Brooks, at best a bullpen arm.
John Lamb, who has encountered 2 arm surgeries.
Sean Manea, a dude with a 97 mph fastball but the control of a 75 year old man trying to piss in the toilet with prostate problems.

And Finnegan....

They didn't trade Almonte, Cutberth, Mondesi, Starling, Dozier, or Zimmer.

Reactions: Nate004
Another strong move by the Royales with cheese. They are all in this year. I look forward to the Cardinals beating them in the World Series.

Never heard of Zobrist, but I won't let that stop me from being excited. He must bring something to the table or they wouldn't have went and got him, so go Zobrist!!!

He plays every position except catcher, so he can start in LF til Gordon is ready to go, and then he'll play 2nd base or RF depending on which of our resident idiots Infante and Rios are playing worse at the time. Oh, and he has been hitting about .325 for the past couple of months, so there's that too, if your into that whole getting on base regularly kind of thing.

Reactions: arf_man
Is Gordon hurt worse the originally thought and Zorbist insurance in the OF?
Don't know for sure, but he is throwing (not just messing around) snd starting to hit off a tee this week. Zobrist is a plus fielder that can play everywhere but the battery, switch hits and gets on base at a clip better than your 2b and RF.

As far as I have read, Gordo's rehab is proceeding as planned. He is scheduled to start jogging this weekend in Toronto, and has said he actually feels fine enough to start now, but will play it safe and stick to the schedule.

Zobrist is prob the most versatile player in league, any team would want him. Surprised he has t gone to NL

ERA? Come on.... Royals have the best AL ERA, and least amount of innings from starters. That number is outdated to judge a staff. It says more about how the rest of both teams Divisions suck.
So, ERA is a bad tool for measuring a staffs worth, fewer innings from your SPs is a good thing, and the NL Central sucks? lol

Last edited:
So, ERA is a bad tool for measuring a staffs worth, fewer innings from your SPs is a good thing, and the NL Central sucks? lol
No. Try following. I was pointing out that ERA can be misleading as indicated by the Royals horrid starting pitching. And yes, the NL central sucks. The cubs are in it... therefore=the suck.

No. Try following. I was pointing out that ERA can be misleading as indicated by the Royals horrid starting pitching. And yes, the NL central sucks. The cubs are in it... therefore=the suck.

That was a pro bowl NFL cornerback backpedal......except for the Cubs comment. I support any shot at the Cubs.

That was a pro bowl NFL cornerback backpedal......except for the Cubs comment. I support any shot at the Cubs.
How so? I said ERA is easily disguised. I used the fact that the Royals have a terrible starting staff, yet the best ERA in the league. I thought Cardinals fans understood baseball talk. I keep finding out most of them don't.

Is Gordon hurt worse the originally thought and Zorbist insurance in the OF?

No. He is actually ahead of schedule. This is a trade that the Royals would have made even if Alex doesn't get hurt. He adds a veteran presence to the clubhouse. He can play Gordon's position until he comes back and then can play 2nd base or right field when/if Infante or Rios go into a slump.

No. He is actually ahead of schedule. This is a trade that the Royals would have made even if Alex doesn't get hurt. He adds a veteran presence to the clubhouse. He can play Gordon's position until he comes back and then can play 2nd base or right field when/if Infante or Rios go into a slump.
He can play nearly a different position each day giving players a day off, keeping them fresh.

He can play nearly a different position each day giving players a day off, keeping them fresh.

I saw somewhere today that since 2009ish, that Zobrist is something like the 4th most valuable position player in baseball using sabermetric stats. Guys like him help win championships as much as a starting pitcher. They just don't get as much credit for it.

Reactions: arf_man
I saw somewhere today that since 2009ish, that Zobrist is something like the 4th most valuable position player in baseball using sabermetric stats. Guys like him help win championships as much as a starting pitcher. They just don't get as much credit for it.
Bingo, I would love him or Brock Holt on my team!

Zobrist has always been a bit under the radar because he spent so many years at that hitters' dungeon in Tampa (and Oakland isn't much better). Kauffman is certainly no hitters' park, but I expect he'll do well there.

I don't follow the AL all that closely, but I'm glad to see teams like Kansas City and Toronto putting their chips in the middle of the table and trying to win big. If you don't overpay at the deadline for the pieces you need, somebody else will - and you'll get to spend the winter wondering "what if?"

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT