ADVERTISEMENT

As the Husker QB world turns. Casey is back

Can anyone confirm if Casey can even transfer? He transferred from UT and then grad transfered to FAU. Can he still walk-on here or is he stuck at FAU.

Well, the W(est) V(irginia) part of your handle is on point.
It’s not West Virginia it’s Western Vermont, as I said, I hope I’m wrong. But please answer a question for me, if you were the parent of the #1 player in the nation, whose first two choices for a school were not your legacy program. Would you advise him to go to a school with the issues we’ve had for twenty years, whose last professional quarterback was Vince Ferragamo?

It’s not West Virginia it’s Western Vermont, as I said, I hope I’m wrong. But please answer a question for me, if you were the parent of the #1 player in the nation, whose first two choices for a school were not your legacy program. Would you advise him to go to a school with the issues we’ve had for twenty years, whose last professional quarterback was Vince Ferragamo?
Yes I would. It appears pretty clear that the issues are being addressed in recruiting. We’ve had several QBs get a chance to play in the NFL since Tom retired. It’s all about the guy’s talent once he’s in a camp and Raiola has NFL arm talent.

If I trust the coaching staff, absolutely

But his parents obviously are advising him to come to Lincoln, so I don’t get the question.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Casey isn’t here to play football

So he's here to play school?

cardale-resize.jpg

I’m scared to death we’re going to flub this and DK will end up at MSU…and NU ends up with no QB.
We didnt. Raiola didnt let us lose our #1 and #2 targets to burn the skers. Not with family on staff. It is done. Room is being made for the florida transfers. Recruiting is still recruiting but these are nearly done deals. Flemming is the one im most worried about. He blocks very well and gets good seperation. Not the deep threat but a really really good reciever. Add Demas and the young guys on roster with Fidone at TE and a legit qb with an improved line. They overhaules the roster in 2 years to be competitive in the New Big. Color me impressed. Have to start to see commitments to make it true. Maybe they want everyone to wait for signing day so they can be the talk of college football on the biggest offseason day there is...?

Bruce Mathison says Hi. Berringer was projected to be drafted 3rd round I think. So now that we’ve established you know nothing about Nebraska football but seem to hang out on Georgia message boards…..

We didnt. Raiola didnt let us lose our #1 and #2 targets to burn the skers. Not with family on staff. It is done. Room is being made for the florida transfers. Recruiting is still recruiting but these are nearly done deals. Flemming is the one im most worried about. He blocks very well and gets good seperation. Not the deep threat but a really really good reciever. Add Demas and the young guys on roster with Fidone at TE and a legit qb with an improved line. They overhaules the roster in 2 years to be competitive in the New Big. Color me impressed. Have to start to see commitments to make it true. Maybe they want everyone to wait for signing day so they can be the talk of college football on the biggest offseason day there is...?
Not that I think it will happen but If somehow we get burned here by Raiola, the university needs to remove his dads name and number from the stadium.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Yes definitely higher than 3rd round. I thought he was slated to be Denver 1st qb pick
A family member of mine knew Brook on a professional basis He was expecting early second but all it takes is one GM. He had the brain, accuracy, mobility and toughness to be a good pro QB.

For laughing Charlie. Team Dr who diagnosed Brook’s collapsed lung.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Charlie Marlow
Bruce Mathison and Jeff Quinn played QB in the NFL subsequent to Ferragamo

Bruce Mathison and Jeff Quinn played QB in the NFL subsequent to Ferragamo
Quinn got a year as Malone’s backup at Pittsburg. Mathison played quite a while. Hell Tanner Lee got a long look in a training camp. I think Zac Lee did too. Zac Taylor I don’t remember. Adrian Martinez was in a camp. Didn’t Joe Ganz get at least a tryout?

Bruce Mathison says Hi. Berringer was projected to be drafted 3rd round I think. So now that we’ve established you know nothing about Nebraska football but seem to hang out on Georgia message boards…..
Let me put it to you in English, Brook Berringer played zero days as an NFL quarterback.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: BleedRed78
Didn’t ask what his parents did, they advised him to sign with Ohio State, then they thought he should go to Georgia. I asked what would you do.

Great post.
No brainer. I’m a husker fan. I’d tell him to go to Nebraska.

In all seriousness, you don’t make a decision lightly. I went to a small school in Nebraska. My oldest daughter chose to do that as well and went to the same school. My other daughters chose a different path. I would have loved for them to go to the small school in Nebraska, but they didn’t.

In the end, they have made the decision that they wanted, which is how it should be. I hope DR is coming not because of pressure from his family, but because he wants to be here. If that’s the case, we’ll be fine.

Quinn got a year as Malone’s backup at Pittsburg. Mathison played quite a while. Hell Tanner Lee got a long look in a training camp. I think Zac Lee did too. Zac Taylor I don’t remember. Adrian Martinez was in a camp. Didn’t Joe Ganz get at least a tryout?
I remember Martinez actually had some big plays in preseason games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT