ADVERTISEMENT

Another golf rec thread

CodyHusker

Assistant Head Coach
Gold Member
Nov 28, 2005
A ways out but going to southern North Carolina from June 1st to 8th. Planning on golfing two days in North Myrtle Beach area, one or two days around Wilmington, NC (Leland area) and one or two days in and around Oak Island, NC. We are staying at my friends beach house in Oak Island and will be day tripping to golf courses. Wanting to play 18 and maybe 36 a couple of days. We'll see how our old bodies hold up.

Any recommendations of good courses that are reasonably priced around $80-100 would be much appreciated. I have started researching and have seen LOTS that fall into this category and they all look good but you never know..Maybe more importantly are listing courses NOT to play. Please don't recommend courses that are upscale. We are not intested in those. Trying to keep this somewhat budget friendly. Also if you have a good suggestion for 36 hole day that would be great. For example, two courses that are close to eachother for a round in the morning and enough time for lunch and travel for an afternoon round.

All the courses look good on their websites/brocures but I am trying to learn from my recent trips to Hilton Head and Vegas, you don't always get what you see on websites. I was extremely disappointed in a couple courses we played that were supposedly "upscale, semi private" type courses in that $150-200 range. Some of the worst conditioned courses I've ever played. (and that's saying a lot) But how do you know until you get there? ...well, you ask people that have played there recently. That's how! 😜 TIA

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News