ADVERTISEMENT

5-star visitor this weekend

I Hope Please GIF

Very often the biggest obstacle these days in recruiting players like this to Nebraska is convincing them to take a visit in the first place. Most elite players won’t even consider us. Getting him to visit at all is huge. Kudos to DR for playing his part in getting him here. It is huge because once players visit and see our facilities, meet our great coaches, and, most importantly, see that Lincoln is a real city and pretty cool, and not a cowtown with livestock roaming the streets, they have their heads turned.

Fingers crossed. Because as we see with DR, these kinds of recruits can have a snowball effect.

Not my point. Rhule and coaches can sell him once he is here But the only reason we got a visit is because of Dylan.if Dylan is not here we don’t sniff a visit.
Maybe so, but you’ve gotta start somewhere. Raiola came to Nebraska due to a long love of the Huskers, but no chance he comes here under Frost. The coaches absolutely helped. At some point, gonna have to give credit to the coaches as well.

Maybe so, but you’ve gotta start somewhere. Raiola came to Nebraska due to a long love of the Huskers, but no chance he comes here under Frost. The coaches absolutely helped. At some point, gonna have to give credit to the coaches as well.
I agree Rhule and his coaches are outstanding people and trying to build this thing right.and that will come down the road when we start winning. We will get these type of visits because of our on the field product. This kid might sign because of Matt Rhule and Donivan Riola ability to sell him and n Nebraska. But he is visiting because of Dylan.

• Sad
Reactions: blackshirts25
Sanders's visit, who is the number one offensive tackle in the class and the number two player overall, according to 247Sports, has long been considered a lean toward Clemson. But the Nebraska football team is the little engine that could in this scenario.

Rhule offered Sanders not long after he announced a March Top 6 of Alabama, South Carolina, Clemson, Georgia, Tennessee, and Ohio State.

Georgia is where the relationship between Raiola and Sanders formed. The quarterback worked hard to get Sanders to commit to the Bulldogs when he himself had pledged to the powerhouse in Athens. Now, he's hoping to show Sanders that the Nebraska football program is the better choice.

Last edited:
I agree Rhule and his coaches are outstanding people and trying to build this thing right.and that will come down the road when we start winning. We will get these type of visits because of our on the field product. This kid might sign because of Matt Rhule and Donivan Riola ability to sell him and n Nebraska. But he is visiting because of Dylan.
I don’t disagree overall. He is visiting because of Dylan. Glad the coaches were able to bring Dylan in.

I don’t really care why they come as long as the come.

Don been an excellent recruiter. And it’s good news that he’d be sanders position coach. I think Dylan got his interest, but Don got his attention.

A land like this would change everything and make our staff rethink recruiting.

Win 9+ games and be competitive in the loses yes... win 9+ games and get beat 70-31 to a 7-5 Wisconsin team ain't gonna cut it
I would love to skip over certain steps, such as suffering blowouts, but if we win 9 this year and one of the losses is 70-31, as much as I would be upset, I would also say that recruiting will still continue to get better.

Always nice to get a QB early in the recruiting process before the summer..

Anxious to see how he does after his injury last season..

Reactions: king_kong_
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT