ADVERTISEMENT

4-star Tarver flips from Maryland!

0b834784-ada7-4633-b952-71f49dcc550b_text.gif

Don't know much about anyone but Barney but I have high hopes for him. Miami fans seemed genuinely pissed when he chose us.
I don't have doubts about any of them individually or questioning the talent or commitment. I just remember the 'Calibraska' movement and am leery about how that worked out. Even moreso in the transfer portal environment. Hopeful, but cautious I guess.

Reactions: American Horse
I don't have doubts about any of them individually or questioning the talent or commitment. I just remember the 'Calibraska' movement and am leery about how that worked out. Even moreso in the transfer portal environment. Hopeful, but cautious I guess.
Not the same. This Simpson was a coach in Miami and had coached at 3 high schools. Has deep ties to the Miami football scene. Calibraska was basically based on Keshawn.

Anyway, I'm confident in Barney. I think the kid will be a baller.

It seemed like none of the South Florida recruits that Frost brought in lasted here long. Hopefully it will be different with Rhule.

Reactions: Truewooper
It seemed like none of the South Florida recruits that Frost brought in lasted here long. Hopefully it will be different with Rhule.

Not much that Frost did in Lincoln worked out though. Perhaps it was Frost and not S. Florida kids
Definitely. Ofc young kids do get changes of heart, but I feel the staff Rhule put together are straight shooters and should help young kids adjust, feel at home etc.

yeah i'm not sure i remember a single Florida 4 star he brought in ever taking a snap???...but this situation is very different for a variety of reasons, and we owe this staff a major kudos on a job well done. They are closers, period.

(cheap shot alert)

...now they just have to figure out how to manage a game int he last 2 min and we might have something :)

Said it before. Rhule is playing chess with some of his coaching hires. Wager didn't work out but Simpson is so strategic. I could see him being a replacement for Knighton someday.
Wager was only hired because of Mickey’s and Peetz’s unavailability. That caused some scrambling. He was an afterthought as was our WR coach. Fortunately Rhule had a backup plan for TEs already on staff.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT