ADVERTISEMENT

24 hours later

Jhollenbeck41

Graduate Assistant
Nov 29, 2018
I wanted to collect my thoughts over the remainder of the weekend before posting anything because I wasn’t totally sure how I felt about that game yet. I’ve read a lot of posts, but haven’t said anything. This may get long, some may not read it all, that’s okay

1. I’m not mad. I’ve been mad the last 3 years. I’m not mad. I’m very disappointed. I stopped caring when it got to 30-9. Everything we heard and were told coming out of Fall Camp, and shit even Spring, didn’t happen. Things I thought would happen, didn’t. I’m disappointed and I’m done investing the emotional energy in it. Don’t care what Frost has to say any more. Don’t care about weekly pressers, just don’t care. It sucks to say that during a Scott Frost tenure with Nebraska

2. Offense: I hate the Spread. I hate the weak ass attempts at running the ball and I hate that Adrian looks like he has no clue what he’s looking at in the passing game. It’s stale and boring. Zero rhythm. I’m not an Xs and Os expert but I know this ain’t it. There’s no identity. The motions and smoke and mirrors is embarrassing and does nothing. I know this offense needs elite athletes to make it hum and those elite athletes are on the sideline while the walk ons are on the field and we’re wondering why the shit ain’t working??? Come on, Monday morning QBs can sniff that shit out let alone Big Bert. Trash.

Defense: was pleased overall with the defense. Going to cut them slack on getting tired since our offense can’t do shit with the ball and continues to screw the blackshirts under Frost

Mental mistakes: the fvck is Cam Taylor Britt doing? Those are Elementary football during recess rules you know not to do. I thought overall the penalties on Tanner were a complete pussy move by the ref so I wasn’t mad about that. But still, chalk it up to more mistakes at the worst time. Cam Jurgens right on time with a snap issue when things got tense. Stellar athlete, cannot play in the NFL if the snaps get bad with the pressure on. Once again, same ol mistakes that aren’t fixed.

Scott Frost: I’m not sure what I want with his status. I want so bad for him to figure out because of the story and what it could mean. I was so certain 3 years ago. I’m so exhausted with it all. His answer about guessing wrong? What???? You get 9 months of an offseason to prepare for this monster game and you guessed wrong??? Fvck outta here with guessing wrong. I love the “idea” of Scott Frost being the HC of a winning Nebraska Football team, but I’m done justifying things around here. Too many of the same mistakes. No more savior bullshit from me.

S&C: on paper, Husker Power mixed with Oregon Speed sounds good. One glaring issue, Husker Power doesn’t work with Oregon Speed. Husker Power is built for a running attack like old school Nebraska, or modern day Wisconsin, Iowa, or shit Army or Navy. We’re using giant bulked up O Lineman to pass the ball 80% of the game because Frost doesn’t wanna commit to the running game that he sold us over the offseason? Even though that’s what Duval is building these guys for….Jesus Christ.

there’s a different thread about going back to a power based attack and that’s a hill I’ll die on. Hell yeah it would still work. We’re already built for it. We’re using walk ons at receiver and our QB can’t hit open guys anyway so whatever why not? He’s a running QB anyway. Hire Jeff Monken and tell Frost to wear a fake head set and just act like he’s coaching and let Monken call plays. And let Yant play FB. That outta atleast get us to a shitty bowl game

Fvck

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News