ADVERTISEMENT

2025-26 recruiting class updates #2FiveCrew

But you do understand why people see the silliness of your post right? Specifically Post #446 on 3/27/2024.

If you look back historically (15 years), out of state commits before March 27th.
2024: 1
2023: 1
2022: 0
2021: 2
2020: 1
2019: 0
2018: 0
2017: 3
2016: 2 (1 being a legacy in John Raridon out of Iowa who had been committed since Sept 2014).
2015: 5
2014: 0
2013: 0
2012: 1
2011: 2 (1 being a legacy in Tyler Moore out of Florida who had been committed since Oct 2009).
2010: 0
2009: 0

Out of those 15 years, you have an average of 1.2 commits prior to 3/27 per year.

So are you really making this big of a deal over 1.2 commits AND when nearly half of the time (in the past 15 years) we haven't had a single out of state commit prior to 3/27?
Do it again, but use May 10 instead of March 27. Signing day was moved forward 6 weeks.

Or don’t. Doesn’t matter.

Do it again, but use May 10 instead of March 27. Signing day was moved forward 6 weeks.

Or don’t. Doesn’t matter.
Maybe we should move the date later in to June since Rhule moved the spring game to later in the spring. That's one of our biggest official visit recruiting weekends of the spring.....😏

Reactions: 10Trvln
To everybody in this thread, I am done with the entire topic.

Xhp3.gif

I'm not sure why in this day and age you wouldn't take 30 kids every single year
Assume after every season, a fixed % (A) of eligible returning scholarship players leave the team. Assume any 5th year seniors are all on NIL without scholarship. How many (B) scholarship players to add each season to always be at 85? How many (C) scholarship players are leaving team early each year?

0% - 21.25 - 0
10% - 24.7 - 6
20% - 28.8 - 11.25

To add 30 every year means losing about 13 every year. Does that seem like a lot?

Edit to add…

The would be like losing 4 scholarships from each level of after freshman, sophomore, junior seasons, with another early departure thrown in. I would assume there would be both studs and duds in that group.

Last edited:
Assume after every season, a fixed % (A) of eligible returning scholarship players leave the team. Assume any 5th year seniors are all on NIL without scholarship. How many (B) scholarship players to add each season to always be at 85? How many (C) scholarship players are leaving team early each year?

0% - 21.25 - 0
10% - 24.7 - 6
20% - 28.8 - 11.25

To add 30 every year means losing about 13 every year. Does that seem like a lot?
With instant transfer/eligibility 10 would not surprise me each year. Keep crootn

0% - 21.25 - 0
10% - 24.7 - 6
20% - 28.8 - 11.25

Edit to add…

The would be like losing 4 scholarships from each level of after freshman, sophomore, junior seasons, with another early departure thrown in. I would assume there would be both studs and duds in that group.
13 scholarship players leaving every season does not seem like a lot to me given the context of today's college football landscape.

13 scholarship players leaving every season does not seem like a lot to me given the context of today's college football landscape.

If I were coaching (thank god I'm not, I'd go insane), I'd probably project 15-20 every offseason. Until the NCAA figures out the transfer and NIL situation, better to be safe than sorry. Use NIL as much as possible for the borderline guys in lieu of scholarship if necessary. Be selective in the transfer portal to fill holes after the early signing period in December.

No need to have imaginary targets when @HuskerAlum92 made himself a live one here.

Remember he is always right, and always will be!

Strange proclamation in the context it was presented in.

He may have to take more than one lap to live that down.

As far as hairstyles, the sheepdog looks to be the rage these days. I try to not be too judgemental on hairstyles, as I sported long hair in 1976, and had to choose a haircut, or not be allowed on team. LSE! I was 6-4 and 180 at 17.

edit: I chose my hair.
edit: LSE won State Titles in 1976, and 1977. Solich was coach, and my Driver's ed teacher. He did not like my hair.
If you can play, I do not care how you wear your hair!

Last edited:
No need to have imaginary targets when @HuskerAlum92 made himself a live one here.

Remember he is always right, and always will be!

Strange proclamation in the context it was presented in.

He may have to take more than one lap to live that down.

As far as hairstyles, the sheepdog looks to be the rage these days. I try to not be too judgemental on hairstyles, as I sported long hair in 1976, and had to choose a haircut, or not be allowed on team. LSE! I was 6-4 and 180 at 17.

edit: I chose my hair.
edit: LSE won State Titles in 1976, and 1977. Solich was coach, and my Driver's ed teacher. He did not like my hair.
If you can play, I do not care how you wear your hair!
Pretty wild how Lincoln schools dominated the first few years of the state football playoffs:
  • 1975: Lincoln East over Westside
  • 1976: Lincoln Southeast over C-word Prep
  • 1977: Lincoln Southeast over Prep
  • 1978: Grand Island over Prep
  • 1979: Lincoln East over Westside
LSE then won 7 over 21 seasons (1991-2011), but no one else from the Capitol City has done it since.

Pretty wild how Lincoln schools dominated the first few years of the state football playoffs:
  • 1975: Lincoln East over Westside
  • 1976: Lincoln Southeast over C-word Prep
  • 1977: Lincoln Southeast over Prep
  • 1978: Grand Island over Prep
  • 1979: Lincoln East over Westside
LSE then won 7 over 21 seasons (1991-2011), but no one else from the Capitol City has done it since.
People started moving out to the suburbs and option enrollment

Reactions: 9and4
I tend to agree. But how many left this season with eligibility remaining? Of course we will see more after spring practice.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT