ADVERTISEMENT

18 Feb: Nebraseball (2-1; Scarlet Jerseys/Grey Pants) vs. Wazzu (0-2; Home Whites) - Huskers win 5-3

saluno22

Defensive Coordinator
Mar 1, 2006
Reported during Game 1 of Saturday's doubleheader, radio coverage will be impacted by Men's basketball...
Lincoln: You can listen to it on whatever FM station carries Husker sports.
Omaha: SOL for radio, will need to listen to the online stream.

Stats
http://www.huskers.com/liveStats/v2/baseball/index.dbml?GAME_STAT_ID=3163764&db_oem_id=100

Audio
http://www.huskers.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?&id=1914485&catid=0&KEY=&DB_OEM_ID=100

Starting Lineup...

Same lineup as the first game of the season except Hallmark moves in at 3B, Altavilla moves over to SS, and Cronenbold is out of the lineup.

Matt Warren (R) on the bump. Making his first start since he was Creighton's Friday night starter a couple years ago. He did not find out he got a 6th season of eligibility until last summer.

No plans to put Alvarado at the plate today as Erstad evaluates and develops other bats.

Last edited:
Reactions: RobsterMobster
Last game of the weekend for the Huskers.
Wazzu will be playing a second game today against UC-Riverside after playing Nebraska.

Wazzu will not be leaving after their UC-Riverside game tonight. They play Grand Canyon on Tuesday, then play a weekend series at Alabama before returning to Pullman for their home opener.

Last edited:
I thought when the radio rights changed hands a few years ago we were to expect 100% of baseball games to be on the air in Omaha, even if on an alternate station.

Reactions: saluno22
Wazzu is starting a hard-throwing lefty who used to be their closer.

I thought when the radio rights changed hands a few years ago we were to expect 100% of baseball games to be on the air in Omaha, even if on an alternate station.
Well, so much for that I guess. Frustrating.

SS Altavilla .273 (3 for 11)
LF Hagge .083 (1 for 12)
RF Schreiber .300 (3 for 10)
1B Roskam .222 (2 for 9, 3B)
C Wilkening .400 (4 for 10, 6 RBI)
DH Repinski .000 (0 for 3)
2B Henwood .167 (1 for 6, .500 OBP)
3B Hallmark .125 (1 for 8)
CF Klenke .143 (1 for 7)

RHP Warren

Warren's line at Creighton...
22-7
2.69 ERA
210 IP
178 H
53BB/114K
.228 OBA

Just turned 24 years old.

He is engaged to be married later this year. Please oh please no YouTube videos like Frost's that became fodder on the main board.

My goodness, Sharp is just going through his whole family tree. Think he'll give out his SSN, street he grew up on, name of his first pet, and third grade teacher?

Warren seems to be shaking off some rust and some nerves. Hopefully his experience helps him shake off the early game jitters and he finds his groove.

Reactions: saluno22
NU didn't hit a home run until the 10th game of last season (first home game of the year vs. Northern Colorado by Scott Schreiber).

This year's first HR comes in game 4 in a monstrous ballpark (Jesse Wilkening).

Reactions: gunNrun
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT