ADVERTISEMENT

“Prime” winning the off season!!

I’m loving the buffs fallout, can’t wait for prime to bail after this year, hoping they go 0fer and smiley sheduer spends most of his time on his back this fall.

Reactions: solarpanels
Nobody expected a Rhule coached team to beat a Prime coached team, so I’m not sure it was a black eye, per say

I don’t know that we’ll be favored against CU this year, either

I agree we better win, public perception be damned

Yes, because “Prime” is universally celebrated as a great football coach….

Nobody expected a Rhule coached team to beat a Prime coached team, so I’m not sure it was a black eye, per say

I don’t think anyone looked at it as black eye when it happened. But in hindsight, I can see how someone would see it that way. This year however… Rhule needs to win that game. We need him to win that game.

I don’t think anyone looked at it as black eye when it happened. But in hindsight, I can see how someone would see it that way. This year however… Rhule needs to win that game. We need him to win that game.
I think the margin of victory by Colorado and the error-filled performance by Nebraska's offense was a black eye when it happened. Especially when many Nebraska fans thought we would handily defeat a team comprised mostly of new players.

I think the margin of victory by Colorado and the error-filled performance by Nebraska's offense was a black eye when it happened. Especially when many Nebraska fans thought we would handily defeat a team comprised mostly of new players.
No one expected Sims to play the way he did.
That was a collossal failure last year. He did look the part, but seemed to not have it between the ears.
Worst qb play I can remember.

No one expected Sims to play the way he did.
That was a collossal failure last year. He did look the part, but seemed to not have it between the ears.
Worst qb play I can remember.
Yep, but our D also seemed to fold a little bit as well. With as bad as that O-Line was, there is no reason we shouldn't have put more pressure on Shad the entire game.

GLZHm6dWQAAuBv_

I just looked at the CU schedule, there is a chance that 1 win is their "bad" season and 3 wins is a good season.

They start with NDSU, then NU. If they go 0-2 there...they will not win 2 games.

Reactions: solarpanels
There wasn’t much tape on the fighting Deions at the time of that game. Only the TCU game. I think we now know better how to attack Shedeur.
Tape helps, but we had better dudes. They needed to wreak more havoc and they didn't that day. There is no way their OL from last year should have handled our DL the way they did. Had success early, but they folded late.

Tape helps, but we had better dudes. They needed to wreak more havoc and they didn't that day. There is no way their OL from last year should have handled our DL the way they did. Had success early, but they folded late.
I’m not worried about that side of the ball. We will pressure and hit Shedeur, but he will scramble around and make some plays. CU will score.

I am worried about the other side of the ball. Can DR or DK not crap their pants as true freshman, or can HH make a play now that defenses know his limitations? Can our WRs run good routes and catch the ball? Can our OL and RBs win their battles consistently? Is Fidone going to live up to the hype?

I’m not worried about that side of the ball. We will pressure and hit Shedeur, but he will scramble around and make some plays. CU will score.

I am worried about the other side of the ball. Can DR or DK not crap their pants as true freshman, or can HH make a play now that defenses know his limitations? Can our WRs run good routes and catch the ball? Can our OL and RBs win their battles consistently? Is Fidone going to live up to the hype?
Same thing though for me. We finally have a seasoned OL with depth. We need to run the football right at them, but we also need a RB that can see the holes a little better and break off some runs. Last year there was definite lanes, but the back either missed them or Gabe Ervin was way too slow to break it, but there is no reason our seasoned OL should not be able to pound these guys. I'd run at Hunter every ****in down as our WR's and TE's beat him up last year and he sucks in the run game. We ran on a lot of teams that were much bigger and more physical, but couldn't get it done against CU? We should be able to pound these dudes.

Same thing though for me. We finally have a seasoned OL with depth. We need to run the football right at them, but we also need a RB that can see the holes a little better and break off some runs. Last year there was definite lanes, but the back either missed them or Gabe Ervin was way too slow to break it, but there is no reason our seasoned OL should not be able to pound these guys. I'd run at Hunter every ****in down as our WR's and TE's beat him up last year and he sucks in the run game. We ran on a lot of teams that were much bigger and more physical, but couldn't get it done against CU? We should be able to pound these dudes.
We need improvement at the running back position.

Reactions: king_kong_
Glad to see Coach prime completely dismantling CU from the inside out, thankful for the coach we have who is building something the right way from the foundation up. Now we need a W this fall so i can really start talking shit about the puffs.

They are in an interesting spot. Had they not started how they did last year, say they just won 4 games but had they not started out 3-0 (I think) and had that first game not been vs a super overrated TCU team, things would be so different. It was kind of a perfect storm for them to start the season.

This year they start with NDSU, which, losing that game will set the tone for a really bad season.

Reactions: HuskerO
Glad to see Coach prime completely dismantling CU from the inside out, thankful for the coach we have who is building something the right way from the foundation up. Now we need a W this fall so i can really start talking shit about the puffs.
Losing that game just can’t happen. From an optics level at the very least, it could be the biggest game of the year.

Even though Shadeur is an intolerable jerkoff, he’s good and gives them a fighting chance in a lot of games, but I still don’t think they will be any better than last year. Probably worse with the coaching and roster turnover.

Reactions: baseball31ne
Those outfits look ridiculous, no doubt, but so do most outfits on models regardless of gender...when I see a size zero model walking down the runway with a hideous outfit wearing an even uglier hat or whatever I always wonder who's buying that shit.

People with more money and time than purpose and common sense.

Colorado fans are delusional if they think Prime is staying after his children are done playing. Same level of wishful thinking I had thinking Frost would turn the corner in year three. And yes, the cupboard in Boulder will be empty. AD out there has to know this, and come November, he would get some things lined up if he were smart about it.

Reactions: headcard
Colorado fans are delusional if they think Prime is staying after his children are done playing. Same level of wishful thinking I had thinking Frost would turn the corner in year three. And yes, the cupboard in Boulder will be empty. AD out there has to know this, and come November, he would get some things lined up if he were smart about it.
After this season they won’t want him anymore. Good for eyeballs but the act will wear thin very quickly. This whole circus reminds of Lonzo Ball’s dad during peak Big Baller Brand or whatever BBB was.

Saw a podcast from this spring, locked on big 12, they think sCUm might start 4-1 to 7-1. Oh my.

• Wow
Reactions: king_kong_
Not only the cupboard maybe the coffers too. The big 12 money will save them

Saw a podcast from this spring, locked on big 12, they think sCUm might start 4-1 to 7-1. Oh my.
the over/under on cu is 5.5 wins. big 12 radio guys who follow the league closely took the under last week. still, prime has won at most everything in life, sans women, so i wouldn't count him out until proven otherwise.

GLKznb4WYAAQUJm

• Haha
the over/under on cu is 5.5 wins. big 12 radio guys who follow the league closely took the under last week. still, prime has won at most everything in life, sans women, so i wouldn't count him out until proven otherwise.

GLKznb4WYAAQUJm
That is debatable. He isn't some super successful businessman on the side. He wasn't even paying his car repair bills at one point. If he doesn't have a good season this year he's basically a former athlete with grotesque feet who was successful coaching a low level football team. This year matters alot for him.

That is debatable. He isn't some super successful businessman on the side. He wasn't even paying his car repair bills at one point. If he doesn't have a good season this year he's basically a former athlete with grotesque feet who was successful coaching a low level football team. This year matters alot for him.
prime's net worth is estimated to be ~$45 million. i'd say by that measure that he's been successful at his business.

GLKznb4WYAAQUJm
So CU avoids ISU and WVU in their return to the Big 12. Thinking have 2 guaranteed wins, 4 toss ups and outright losers in 6, FWIW.
Think Aranda needs 7 wins to stay at Baylor.

prime's net worth is estimated to be ~$45 million. i'd say by that measure that he's been successful at his business.
From what I can tell that came from playing football and some from recent endorsements. He isn't Magic Johnson where he is some super successful businessman. Great athlete, big personality, we'll see on the coaching.

So CU avoids ISU and WVU in their return to the Big 12. Thinking have 2 guaranteed wins, 4 toss ups and outright losers in 6, FWIW.
Think Aranda needs 7 wins to stay at Baylor.
Which category is the game against Nebraska?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT