ADVERTISEMENT

Zone defense Timmy

A

anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi

Can't hurt. His refusal to recognize this team is horrid on man D may be his downfall. Oh well, Moos can still love this team while driving his John Deere to work, and PBA will continue to be basically full.

Can't hurt. His refusal to recognize this team is horrid on man D may be his downfall. Oh well, Moos can still love this team while driving his John Deere to work, and PBA will continue to be basically full.
lots of game left. Have to get Palmer going offensively. The problem with the zone is rebounding but I don't disagree otherwise.

lots of game left. Have to get Palmer going offensively. The problem with the zone is rebounding but I don't disagree otherwise.
We just bat rebounds around.... not sure a zone would make it any worse.

I'm sure Barfy will write some piece blaming anyone but Tim after this one, but this is not a good performance.

I'm sure Barfy will write some piece blaming anyone but Tim after this one, but this is not a good performance.
Look at the bright side we have gotten some jokes to go along with the piss poor basketball over the past 5 and a half years.

We just can't buy a shot and I'm not ready to blame Miles for that. I don't know what you can do. He gave them a day off to get their legs under them. It hasn't helped. The whole team is in a shooting slump so it's not like you can even feed one hot guy.

We just can't buy a shot and I'm not ready to blame Miles for that. I don't know what you can do. He gave them a day off to get their legs under them. It hasn't helped. The whole team is in a shooting slump so it's not like you can even feed one hot guy.
How many years can you excuse a lack of shooting? It's a practice issue, plain and simple.

1 basket in what, 7 possessions of Zone, and forced multiple turnovers. Odds he actually sticks with it now?

Hell Yes! Look what happens when a coach COACHES in the game giving his team a chance to turn the tide, and some confidence! Makes a world of difference. I give Miles credit for finally trying to really help his team come out of it.

Reactions: HuskAir
Can they review this with over 2 minutes? Or is it legal because it's trying to figure out who fouled?

Come on boys. You have given yourself a chance. Win it now!!!!

Poopy last possession. Roby needs to set the damn screen. I don't care if you are getting held. They are not gonna blow the whistle. Get it done in OT!!!

2 good possessions on offense in the last 6 minutes, that actually had a plan.
So frustrating. We've seen this before, and will again.

Huskers let a golden opportunity slide, and hardly a soul noticed.

2 good possessions on offense in the last 6 minutes, that actually had a plan.
So frustrating. We've seen this before, and will again.
Probably. A good part of the problem was the selection of personnel on the floor in that last few minutes of the game and regulation. McVeigh? No Palmer? I don't care if Palmer was 0/20 I want him in the game at the end.

Probably. A good part of the problem was the selection of personnel on the floor in that last few minutes of the game and regulation. McVeigh? No Palmer? I don't care if Palmer was 0/20 I want him in the game at the end.
Tim was stupid. He could have subbed offense/defense plenty of times. But I do give him credit for finally going zone. One possssion earlier and we win the game. A lot of people will blame the kids in OT, but they bailed out their coach to get them there.
McVeigh playing that much after not seeing the floor in weeks I was ok with, but having him in during crunch time with people like Allen and Palmer on the bench is just stupidity. Plain and simple.

Reactions: regionsdoc
Tim was stupid. He could have subbed offense/defense plenty of times. But I do give him credit for finally going zone. One possssion earlier and we win the game. A lot of people will blame the kids in OT, but they bailed out their coach to get them there.
McVeigh playing that much after not seeing the floor in weeks I was ok with, but having him in during crunch time with people like Allen and Palmer on the bench is just stupidity. Plain and simple.
I guess it was because McVeigh plays zone well but I certainly didn't get it when we needed to score. Get the ball in Palmer's or Allen's hands and they at least get off a decent shot. Oh well.

I guess it was because McVeigh plays zone well but I certainly didn't get it when we needed to score. Get the ball in Palmer's or Allen's hands and they at least get off a decent shot. Oh well.
Did Copeland (who was very hot) even touch the ball in OT? That right there is almost a fireable offense.

When it's crunch time and plenty of time we dribble around with no purpose and then end up taking a piss poor shot that is usually a twisting toss into the air flop. I don't think Copeland touched the ball on offensive end of court in OT, which some of that is plain selfish players. I have never watched a defense give up so many wide open 3's and layups as a Tim Miles coached team. Finally went to a 1-3-1 D and actually looked good for a change.
I still believe with a coach like Gregg Marshall or Greg McDermott this team could be 16-3 or better and not 12-7. Hell Moos take a chance and go get Rick Pitino.

6th year in a row of 'shots just arent falling' Never saw such an unlucky coach.
It's almost unbelievable how much better legit teams are at shooting the ball. Miles teams will never be that, until his practice habits change. His hyper-focus on D isn't producing anything but proof he needs to switch his defenses to protect his supposedly "most athletic team ever" from being abused in man D.

Reactions: Charlie Marlow
It's almost unbelievable how much better legit teams are at shooting the ball. Miles teams will never be that, until his practice habits change. His hyper-focus on D isn't producing anything but proof he needs to switch his defenses to protect his supposedly "most athletic team ever" from being abused in man D.
You can do both and often good D spawns better offensive opportunities. Your bitch about not going to zone earlier is a good one and it clearly helped our O. It also allowed that last game winner shot by PSU though and quite a few offensive rebounds. Lots of things to question when you start off shooting that poorly but that shooting is on the players. I would have had Palmer and Copeland both in the game at the end. Palmer is way more athletic than just about anybody of that size on the team. He could have helped. IF you've ever played in college gyms you know that there's a ton of variables. The variable backgrounds used to just kill me from gym to gym and then if you add in the crowd behind it gets even tougher.

You can do both and often good D spawns better offensive opportunities. Your bitch about not going to zone earlier is a good one and it clearly helped our O. It also allowed that last game winner shot by PSU though and quite a few offensive rebounds. Lots of things to question when you start off shooting that poorly but that shooting is on the players. I would have had Palmer and Copeland both in the game at the end. Palmer is way more athletic than just about anybody of that size on the team. He could have helped. IF you've ever played in college gyms you know that there's a ton of variables. The variable backgrounds used to just kill me from gym to gym and then if you add in the crowd behind it gets even tougher.
Yeah we know. It's 6 years of players shooting well below average from distance. All the players fault, we know your schtick.

Yeah we know. It's 6 years of players shooting well below average from distance. All the players fault, we know your schtick.
Athletically superior guys who can shoot the rock consistently don't usually transfer especially to NU. But Gill has become a better shooter at NU. Copeland seems to have become a better shooter at NU. Glynn takes too many tough shots but he seems like he's gotten better. Palmer was a good shooter when he got here but he's streaky. His transfer was discipline related. So we shot lights out against Minnesota and now have been in a slump for a couple of games and that's reason to blame Mile's for his practices? I'm sorry, I'm not buying it. Practice time is limited by the NCAA so if these guys want extra shooting work, they have to do it on their own. IF anything, I'll fault Miles for his substitution patterns and defensive choices but I really question whether something Miles is doing in practice has anything to do AT ALL with our sporadic shooting.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT