ADVERTISEMENT

Zero Respect for our Team!!!

B3Vandy

Sophomore
Jun 9, 2001
Not only is the Media completely ignoring our Huskers for 2015, they are disrespecting Tommy by picking him 37th Best QB, and the BYU QB 10th in the Nation. Writers have already shown ZERO respect for the Husker Team by also picking them behind OhioSt, Mich, MSU, Wisc, PennSt, Minn, Iowa in the Big10.

Remember this Huskers!!! Nail this on the Locker Room Wall and let it sink in....No One thinks WE are worth a dime!!!!!!!!!!!! Get angry and unite. Show everyone that THEY are wrong. GBR!!!!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf...ll-s-quarterbacks-ranked-1-128-185449884.html

I personally don't give 2 effs what any writer thinks. Same with preseason polls. Just win. Everything else takes care of itself.

Based on how we finished last year and how many players we have coming back, I didn't expect to be initially ranked.

Last year Tommy was 52nd out of 109 in passing efficiency, and 46th out of 129 in ESPN QB rating. 37th would be a modest improvement, how much should the media expect?

We'll have our chance to earn respect, starting in 46 hours.

Reactions: GaRed
Not only is the Media completely ignoring our Huskers for 2015, they are disrespecting Tommy by picking him 37th Best QB, and the BYU QB 10th in the Nation. Writers have already shown ZERO respect for the Husker Team by also picking them behind OhioSt, Mich, MSU, Wisc, PennSt, Minn, Iowa in the Big10.

Remember this Huskers!!! Nail this on the Locker Room Wall and let it sink in....No One thinks WE are worth a dime!!!!!!!!!!!! Get angry and unite. Show everyone that THEY are wrong. GBR!!!!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf...ll-s-quarterbacks-ranked-1-128-185449884.html
The writers gave us way too much credit for the past decade, so they have absolutely no reason to think we will do any better. Until we show something different on the field, we don't deserve to be mentioned.

Reactions: AndyHanline
The writers gave us way too much credit for the past decade, so they have absolutely no reason to think we will do any better. Until we show something different on the field, we don't deserve to be mentioned.

+1 .... someone posted a stat recently that showed Nebraska was the only team in the last ~ 5 years who finished the year ranked lower than they started each and every year.
This isn't the 90s -- until we prove differently we are basically lumped with a bunch of other irrelevant programs like Iowa

So Tommy moved up in the offseason!!

Nebraska was dog crap under Pelini. They don't deserve any respect.

Go out and do something to earn the respect. That's what I would tell the Nebraska players right now.

And if I were the coach, and I heard a player bellyaching about lack of respect, I'd make him run the stadium stairs until he was too gassed to whine any more.

Reactions: elvis1403
I get tired of the "nobody respects us" stuff too(it's not true anyway-some have picked us to win the West Division). Win and you make people respect you.

There's no reason for us to get respect from the media. We don't deserve it. Win games and respect will come. It's simple.

I disagree with the we dont deserve the respect crap. If Bo was still our coach then id agree. But tue reason we deserve some respect, even more so by you guys is Coach Riley. We finally have a reall coach and assistants again, match that up with our talent level and fan base, that alone should spell or show wins. I think some fans and writers forget the major roles coaches play and how much different a real coach can make for a team that has our talent. Coach Riley alone should demand respect, he is considered one of the top coaches in the country to get the most out of his player's and there talent. I think everyone is underestamting what a real coach like Riley with over 2 decades of experience can do with a team like ours. Watch and mark my words, he will turn this team around and yes, even in year one. We may not go 12-0 and a national championship this year, but we will win the games we are suppose to and pull off at least one up set.

I disagree with the we dont deserve the respect crap. If Bo was still our coach then id agree. But tue reason we deserve some respect, even more so by you guys is Coach Riley. We finally have a reall coach and assistants again, match that up with our talent level and fan base, that alone should spell or show wins. I think some fans and writers forget the major roles coaches play and how much different a real coach can make for a team that has our talent. Coach Riley alone should demand respect, he is considered one of the top coaches in the country to get the most out of his player's and there talent. I think everyone is underestamting what a real coach like Riley with over 2 decades of experience can do with a team like ours. Watch and mark my words, he will turn this team around and yes, even in year one. We may not go 12-0 and a national championship this year, but we will win the games we are suppose to and pull off at least one up set.

Not saying it won't happen. But based off of Riley's overall coaching record nothing is a given outside of him being a nice guy. Maybe Riley is the guy Nebraska needed, maybe not, he certainly isn't going to get Nebraska any "Respect" right away.

Reactions: AndyHanline
Winning will cure a lot of evils. I really don't care what the pundits say. Lets prove it on the field. Just remember. "Water on a ducks back".

Reactions: huskerbux
Riley is an excellent coach, just give him a few years and he will likely have NU ranked again.

Totally Agree my Friend!!!!! We are going to show the world. GBR!!!!

I disagree with the we dont deserve the respect crap. We may not go 12-0 and a national championship this year, but we will win the games we are suppose to and pull off at least one up set.

Most on here think the same, I assure you. BUT until that happens, the national pundits won't do a thing. Why should they just because we hired a new coach? So many questions need to be answered and until 2:30 this afternoon, none will be. The embarrassment on the sideline should be over, but the national media doesn't rank based on what happens on the sideline....just what happens on the field. They respect Riley as a man and a coach and we've read that over and over and over. No denying it there. But until we see an improvement on the scoreboard, don't expect anything from anyone. And you shouldn't be upset either. The stat I read on here this last week about being the only team in the power five to finish lower than where we started in the polls every year Bo was here is enough to show the "respect" factor has some healing to do.

I agree that we need to earn it but it grates me that the Media has all kinds of love for Mich , we have been a better program then them for years.

Still feeling disrespected????

Tell me again why we need respect?

We all make posts we regret but trying to pump up a football program that was last relevant 15 years ago is kind of sad.

Sadly it was justified. I still think realistically we finish 6-6.

I just had a wait and see attitude going into the season, but I never expected to start 2-4. There isn't any reason for us to be respected at the moment. TA hasn't played like a top QB either, at least not overall, consistently.

I agree that we need to earn it but it grates me that the Media has all kinds of love for Mich , we have been a better program then them for years.

NU was better. Then they went out and hired a great coach and we hired Mr. Rogers.

NU was better. Then they went out and hired a great coach and we hired Mr. Rogers.

It's a beautiful day in this neighborhood,
A beautiful day for a neighbor.
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?

It's a neighborly day in this beauty wood,
A neighborly day for a beauty.
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?...

I've always wanted to have a neighbor just like you.
I've always wanted to live in a neighborhood with you.

So, let's make the most of this beautiful day.
Since we're together we might as well say:
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?
Won't you be my neighbor?
Won't you please,
Won't you please?
Please won't you be my neighbor?

Looks to me like everything the OP took issue with turned out to be completely true. Hopefully we can turn it around, but as of right now this very second, they are dead on ballz accurate and if they had it to do over again, my guess is they'd rank a few positions even lower than they did initially. Uggh. Can't wait for this tide to turn.

Reactions: huskerbux
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT